View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
davisjm0311

re: Lifetime Value

Currently you can walk around in your hanger and go inside your ships and access arena commander. Arena Commander consists of 2 maps of either Pvp, team pve, or individual pve (fight off waves of fighters). There are also 2 other maps that are race tracks where you can Race either other players or AI. 

Last edited by davisjm0311 on 10/01/14 17:39; edited 1 time in total

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

You can also come on the forums and brag about it.

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:

You can also come on the forums and brag about it.

+1

I have just seen too many games that start out promising stuff, and whittle it down little by little as the years go one. At the beginning, your promised World of Warcraft, half way through its devolved to Hello Kitty Online. By the time it releases, you have a nasty pile of Duke Nukem Forever on your hands.

you can fly 2 or 3 of the fighter sized craft now against increasing difficulty AI baddies, and there's racing now but i havent done any racing...

xivim wrote:
Wupteedo wrote:

On a side note:  For that same $200, you can buy a nice ship(s) on Star Citizen.  I would venture to say at least a 1/3 of 7th Fleet members already have. 

I personally have not even thought about buying anything in Star Citizen. While it does look interesting, i cant justify spending money on something thats coming years down the road. I mean with all that money spent, what can you really do right now?

Right now, I can't do a thing as my PC is so old it's running Windows XP; I can barely run STO.  (Just moved into a new home in Florida and it's become a real money drain)  However, I know folks are getting their training and dogfighting skills in Area Commander and learning how to race with the "space tracks" they added.  Oh yeah, you can walk around your hanger and look at your ships.  The other day Chris Roberts and friends hit $55 million in crowd funding -- this is the letter he sent out to us:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14184-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Chris Roberts other games included Wing Commander, Privateer, and Freelancer.  From games, he went into the movie Studio and produced "Lords of War," "The Punisher" and "Wing Commander."  So this dude is a real player in the gaming industry and knows his stuff.  I want to believe, I have to believe, that he will produced the best damn Space Sim ever, as my investment is over $1500. 

I look around the real world, especially America and see it turning to $hit, starting with the current "lair-in-chief."  There is no longer any joy, no longer any real future for myself nor my children, just gloom, despair and excessive misery for those who actually work or produce for a living.  So for a few hours everyday, I can leave the misery of the world behind and be whatever I want to be in Star Citizen.  I hoping that Star Citizen will be unique, it will change the future of gaming and it will change us.  Chris Roberts is teaching us that we have to create a our own future, or other publishers (EA) will do it for us.  Being in the 7th Fleet, C7G, or 42Underdogs; on-line, that we have to care for each other, because if we don't, who will?  And that true strength sometime comes from the most unlikely places.  Mostly, though, Star Citizen will give us hope that there can always be new beginnings, even for people like us (gamers). *

* Guilty for plagiarizing from the ending of Babylon Five.  

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Please don't open the political can of worms in these forums.

please do not open the can of bad spelling on these forums either

Edward Hau wrote:

please do not open the can of bad spelling on these forums either

Sorry, Dyslexia along with some Alexia is my bane and/or curse, or is it the other way around.

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: