View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
davisjm0311

re: World of Warships

I really haven't noticed much of a hostile community for it so far.  It just went open beta so most people are still learning it themselves..you do of course run into a few...it is still the internet after all.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

davisjm0311 wrote:

I really haven't noticed much of a hostile community for it so far.  It just went open beta so most people are still learning it themselves..you do of course run into a few...it is still the internet after all.

I just know how those sort of games tend to go, especially for someone like my son that would probably take a while to learn what to do.

Obviously you've never heard the 10 y/o's that populate games, especially on consoles.  I played WoT solo for 90% of time and never ran into anything remotely hostile like I have on an Xbox shooter. I muted all but the people on my friends list because of it.  Seems like you're negative about a lot of stuff lately.

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:

Obviously you've never heard the 10 y/o's that populate games, especially on consoles.  I played WoT solo for 90% of time and never ran into anything remotely hostile like I have on an Xbox shooter. I muted all but the people on my friends list because of it.  Seems like you're negative about a lot of stuff lately.

Maybe some 10 year olds are that way - not mine. As to the last comment - me being negative would be more like "World of Warships sucks because its gaming community is full of trolls and asshats." I'm not saying the game, itself, is bad; I just know what *I've* seen in various online games. Make one mistake or if you're not sure what you're doing, some folks immediately start on you with invective instead of being helpful. My son is not ready to deal with that (and kindly refrain from making any judgement on my parental decision on this; I have a very good idea what he is and isn't emotionally ready to deal with, and he isn't ready for this.)

Capt pRhett, back in the day, I had a wonderful time with this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3920/

Your son may also like this:

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3125/pc-game-review-naval-campaigns-midway

(Note: Four sons over 21, no one in jail)

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sid Meier's Pirates! is one of my all-time favorite titles. Played it waaaaaaay back when on the C-64. I was considering setting up a Steam account for him, but under my control. Should be plenty of free or even inexpensive warship games for him to try.

Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I finally got around to installing it, and started a battle.  I have a bit of a learning curve, but it looks very interesting.  I might be on for a bit tomorrow night, and see if I can catch some pointers from Davis and Hau - and probably a bunch of flack, ha. 

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

davisjm0311

FCPT JT Kerry wrote:

I finally got around to installing it, and started a battle.  I have a bit of a learning curve, but it looks very interesting.  I might be on for a bit tomorrow night, and see if I can catch some pointers from Davis and Hau - and probably a bunch of flack, ha. 

JT

We will probably be around...glad to offer any help I can.

Frank Murphy

in game name is dmextreme. as for the community i have noticed some ass hats but not many.

just reached rank 8 and got my Phoenix again.  man do i miss my Cleveland. As for the newer players you have it pretty good, those of us who were in the closed beta got spoiled with the fast tiering up it's much slower now

Awarded:

I've downloaded and installed it; username is MortarrKang.

Capt pRett wrote:

Outstanding! Hope to see you in-game.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

davisjm0311 wrote:
Capt pRett wrote:

Outstanding! Hope to see you in-game.

Just hit level 3, and am using a Chester. Might try using some of the IJN ships - not sure.

You've probably already figured this out but...just to be sure (game is more fun)  After you hit lvl 2 you were able to switch from CO-OP to Battle Mode.  from bot matches to pvp.  The Battle mode (PvP) at the lower tiers can be easier than the bots and PvP rewards a LOT more xp and credits...you probably already knew all of this, but I just want to make sure.

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sweet!  My monthly Board meeting got canceled [by me, conveniently enough], so I may see you in there tonight.  Have reached T4 on USA cruisers.

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I have Huck, Davis and Murphy added as contacts, so far. Yes, I did know that, Davis, but appreciated. I was trying to figure out how to join PvP battles at level 1, and then figured out you have to wait for level 2.

I looked through the thread for other usernames, but guess I missed yours, Kor.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: