View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Tier 6 Ship suggestion request

I've finally accumulated enough Zen to purchase a Tier 6 ship. Though my KDF toons could, as a whole, use it more than my Fed toons (less ships on that side that can be upgraded to T-5U), I figure I'd use it more on the Fed side. So, I am looking for a ship that will benefit all three classes/careers. I have primarily been looking at the Eclipse, Andromeda, and Guardian. I'm open to any suggestions, though.

Last edited by VADM pRett on 05/02/15 19:13; edited 1 time in total

The Andromeda and Guardian seem to have a similar layout to them, so it might come to which one you like the looks better.  But I can speak for the Guardian.  I really like it, and it's well rounded for all classes with the LCDR Science bridge officer.  It's also got one of the best consoles in my opinion.  It takes incoming damage and boost your weapons.  It last for around 20 seconds or more (from memory) on a 2 minute cooldown.  Very effective when you get in a jam.  If it wasn't for finding recent joy in the Avenger after giving it a full shot and it having that 4th Tac console, I'd still be in the Guardian.

Take a look at the Concord class really sterdy ship and well balenced

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Sir, around the end of May or June, Cryptic will put many things on sale, including Lifetime memberships.  Usually they will include an old ship or two, or a recently upgraded ship as well.  Also, I'm hoping they will have a Tier Six ship for the next round of Risa Summer events.  I was quite happy with last years cruiser, especially the free upgrade to T5-U.   I think Cryptic is going to surprise us with some additional T-6 soon.  Time will tell. 

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:

Sir, around the end of May or June, Cryptic will put many things on sale, including Lifetime memberships.  Usually they will include an old ship or two, or a recently upgraded ship as well.  Also, I'm hoping they will have a Tier Six ship for the next round of Risa Summer events.  I was quite happy with last years cruiser, especially the free upgrade to T5-U.   I think Cryptic is going to surprise us with some additional T-6 soon.  Time will tell. 

Qapla'

Good point. I've done without any T6 ships so far. I guess waiting another month or so won't kill me.

Guardian looks like a hybrid of Ambassador and Galaxy. Although if the game didn't need anything, it was yet another galaxy class vessel.

My question is what about the Regent and Odyssey Classes? Are they obsolete now? Regent was a good design but Odyssey I won't be sad to see go. It made me glad that STO wasn't cannon. lol

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

We will soon see the new T6 Pilot Ships:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9224253-star-trek-online%3A-introduction-to-pilot-ships

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: