View previous topic :: View next topic  
you-kick-my-dog

re: Time in a bottle-New Episode (some spoilers)

I personally think its one of the better episode sto has put together. Decent action but the ground battle was hell almost died twice. but over all great little story. And the TIME SHIP?! starfleet is going to rebuild the time ship!!?

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

The structure of the Iconian's mind makes temporal tactical and strategic solutions a necessity. If they engage Alliance forces in the temporal battle space, they will destroy their own minds. That said, they are not the only foe. The Other, whoever or whatever that is, has moved to protect them when Iconia fell and is no doubt poised to do so again.

The Iconians have proven themselves to be a continuing threat and an existential one. Therefore the Other must also be eliminated to clear the way for their ultimate destruction. I am sensing that Section 31 will become heavily involved in future operations and they are no doubt working on uncovering who or what the Other is. I just hope that Cryptic hasn't bitten off more than they can chew.

BioWare did that with Mass Effect, and they darned near ruined the entire series because of it. You can pit people against incredibly powerful foes and you can challenge them to succeed, but once you do you can't just hand them a victory.
They have to earn it by fighting through hell or it will just seem like a gimme.

Just my .02

My 2 cents -

"I will take Season Three of Star Trek: TNG, Alex."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Survivors_%28Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation%29

"The name of the species that assumed the name Kevin UxBridge?

"Who is the Douwd, Alex."

"What was the name of the species that Kevin Uxbridge committed genocide on?

"Who is the Husnock, Alex."

Thought for the day:  Is Keven Uxbridge the "One?" 

Other puzzling thoughts from this Season:  1) Who made the Guardian of Forever?  2) Seems like it would be a good time for "Q" to make an appearance.  3) the "One" reference, where have I seen that before?  Zathras says and points:  The One who was, The One who is, and the One who will be.  (Kirk, Picard, Thu'fir???)

Don't mind me, just random thoughts running amok. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Wupteedo wrote:

My 2 cents -

"I will take Season Three of Star Trek: TNG, Alex."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Survivors_%28Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation%29

"The name of the species that assumed the name Kevin UxBridge?

"Who is the Douwd, Alex."

"What was the name of the species that Kevin Uxbridge committed genocide on?

"Who is the Husnock, Alex."

Thought for the day:  Is Keven Uxbridge the "One?" 

Other puzzling thoughts from this Season:  1) Who made the Guardian of Forever?  2) Seems like it would be a good time for "Q" to make an appearance.  3) the "One" reference, where have I seen that before?  Zathras says and points:  The One who was, The One who is, and the One who will be.  (Kirk, Picard, Thu'fir???)

Don't mind me, just random thoughts running amok. 

Funny you should mention the Guardian of Forever, Thu'fir. I believe that it would be a lot safer to take a trip back in time and speak to the Preservers rather than to build a new time ship. I remember all of the trouble that Janeway had with the first one. We know that we are going to have to leverage the temporal flow against the Iconians, might as well employ a proven technique than one that has already proven dangerous to both people and ships.

The Star Trek canon has been clear as to the dangers of playing with time. So much so that the Allied forces each have a temporal unit to protect the timeline and to prevent what we are likely going to have to do. That's why I think that this is a job for Section 31. There is also the fact that the Preserver that was killed might have sent a transmission that contained information that would negate the need to mess with the timeline. I guess that we will just have to wait and see.

The only superior being i think the "other" might represent could possibly be the Guardians from Enterprise....They have a ton of experience and a general MO of screwing with timelines and their outcome. Its probably unlikely but i think it would be a nice twist and set up a new main villan as, according to IQ FLEET the iconian war will come to an end in november. So im expecting a new main villian by then.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Blast from the Past; random thoughts.

The First Federation "CDR Balok" - a little help please.

General Trelane and his people could be "The One?" or a valuable ally. 

Plus there are many others who could be "The One" or potential allies. 

Why not fix and re-activate the Doomsday Machine; let Como Thu'fir fly it to the Iconian Sphere.  Hail the Iconian's Sphere and say:  "Say hello to my little Friend."  Let the planet/sphere munching begin. 

However, based on other things, especially the Sela recordings, I believe that Sela will drag something out of the Beta Quadrant that will help defeat the Iconians.  However, once here, they will decide stay, hence a new enemy for the next season.   Oh what a tangle weave that Cryptic has spun. 

Note:  Temporal mechanics always give me a headache.  That said, one of my favorite episodes of Voyager was "Year in Hell" (Capt Nemo has a time ship).

In a "perfect world" I would like to see a new Season where we are not fighting someone or something.  Why not explore, check out new planets, fine interesting new lifeforms, heck, even help colonize a new planet; do something else beside fight -- is it too much ask?  

Lest we forget:  "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

(steps off soapbox)

Qapla'

you-kick-my-dog

There are no more planet killers in the prime universe. You destroy the last one in the sto Klingon story arc. I grew up on TNG so if you could explain the glowing ball of destiny in the tos pic id appreciate it :D

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

you-kick-my-dog wrote:

There are no more planet killers in the prime universe. You destroy the last one in the sto Klingon story arc. I grew up on TNG so if you could explain the glowing ball of destiny in the tos pic id appreciate it :D

First Season of ST:TOS, "The Corbomite Maneuver"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708458/?ref_=ttep_ep11

I was six when I first saw it.  The Alien gave me nightmares for years. 

"Long live Balok, and pass the Tranya!"

Qapla'

you-kick-my-dog

Good lord that thing looks exactly like an old school teacher i had

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: