View previous topic :: View next topic  
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

re: Juniors Night Out

Hey guys I've noticed that for the past few weeks Juniors Night Out hasn't been running, I just wanted to check up on it and to see if it is still running and if not do you need someone to run it.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
BigBob357

Sadly, no one has been attending so we gave it the axe . . . . but seriously, people are always on so we can run something anytime you want really. If enough people showed up on a regular basis for it again I'd be all for starting it back up.

That would be cool, I myself really like doing JNO, so it'd be a shame to loose it. When I'm back on vent we'll talk about it some more.

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

I also enjoyed doing Junior Officer Night. However, my new job has me coming in from work right as it starts. By the time I have settled and have had dinner, it is around 9:30. Likewise, The last couple of nights it ran, Sam had been ill, if I recall correctly, which helped slow things down.

Awarded:

I remember sitting in on a session or two. Maybe we should try and organise it for another night? Like on a Sunday (or Monday for Australians) I'd be happy to help with the JNO as long as we can get some people together.

The thunder from down under
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

CDR Cabcrow wrote:

I remember sitting in on a session or two. Maybe we should try and organise it for another night? Like on a Sunday (or Monday for Australians) I'd be happy to help with the JNO as long as we can get some people together.

We had it of Monday (American) but I had assumed that was so if people had commitments on the weekend they didn't need to worry about missing out. But if we were to run it again it would be a good idea to check what day would be good for everyone. 

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

LT CMDR. Mitchell. D. Ries wrote:
CDR Cabcrow wrote:

We had it of Monday (American) but I had assumed that was so if people had commitments on the weekend they didn't need to worry about missing out. But if we were to run it again it would be a good idea to check what day would be good for everyone. 

Perhaps one of us can put up a poll to see when would be a good day to have the event.

As I recall, Monday nights were chosen because that was the time moat of the then junior officers could attend, and didn't interfere with other 7th Fleet events. While I'm dubious about the need for/viability of another JONO, i did have a couple thoughts on the matter.

First off, participation had dwindled prior to Sam's departure so of we were to restart it, I don't think having a weekly event would be worth the effort until we can establish a patter of consistent participation. Perhaps one every other week would be a better option for the time being. 

To add to that, there are a handful of members who are on almost every night and would be more than happy to run missions with you. FCPTs Davis and Novin and Lt. Cmd. Sean Hill are always around and willing to help. Novin is always asking if someone wants to run something. Sean is practically foaming at the mouth for something to do and Davis will not only run stuff with you and help you improve your build in the process. Sapel is another vent staple who is willing to help. I-kick-Your-Cat is generally on durimg the day for those of you who have odd schedules or live in Tazmania. My point is that we don't NEED another event to get together and do stuff. Just get in-game, hop on vent, and ask. 

If the time of day is the issue, then this is something that should be adressed at the meeting to see if we can work something out the benefits the entire fleet. Personally, I'd rather see more participation in the major fleet events first, then work on some of smaller ones. 

All of that being said, if this is something you guys want I am more than happy to organize something. 

Awarded:

BigBob357 wrote:

As I recall, Monday nights were chosen because that was the time moat of the then junior officers could attend, and didn't interfere with other 7th Fleet events. While I'm dubious about the need for/viability of another JONO, i did have a couple thoughts on the matter.

First off, participation had dwindled prior to Sam's departure so of we were to restart it, I don't think having a weekly event would be worth the effort until we can establish a patter of consistent participation. Perhaps one every other week would be a better option for the time being. 

To add to that, there are a handful of members who are on almost every night and would be more than happy to run missions with you. FCPTs Davis and Novin and Lt. Cmd. Sean Hill are always around and willing to help. Novin is always asking if someone wants to run something. Sean is practically foaming at the mouth for something to do and Davis will not only run stuff with you and help you improve your build in the process. Sapel is another vent staple who is willing to help. I-kick-Your-Cat is generally on durimg the day for those of you who have odd schedules or live in Tazmania. My point is that we don't NEED another event to get together and do stuff. Just get in-game, hop on vent, and ask. 

If the time of day is the issue, then this is something that should be adressed at the meeting to see if we can work something out the benefits the entire fleet. Personally, I'd rather see more participation in the major fleet events first, then work on some of smaller ones. 

All of that being said, if this is something you guys want I am more than happy to organize something. 

What happened to Sam?

Sam needed to deal with RW stuff and decided to step down as he felt that he wouldn't be able to give his all to the fleet.

Jump to: