View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBob357

re: Operations Offices's Log

Operations Log 

Stardate: 93771.84

Acting for the first time in my official capacity as the Ops Officer for the 7th Fleet, and to foster a stronger sense of esprite de corps between the 7th and her allies, I joined Commodore Thu'fir, the commanding officer of the 7th ITS, for a series of battle drills over the Cracked Planetoid. However, as we neared the end of our last training exercise I received orders to rendezvous with Captain Douglas Adams, and another member of the 7th ITS (Novin) to deal with a Borg incursion in an area that Battle Group Omega refers to as Infected Space. While en route we were joined by two other ships, and at least initially, it seemed that this would amount to little more than a brief show of force. However, things did not go as smoothly as we would have liked. My own ship suffered some significant damage including a nasty little hull breech along out starboard side. We were eventually able to neutralize the threat, and even with the damage we suffered, I think it's safe to classify the overall mission as a success. Since the Iconian War, our alliance with the Klingons has managed to endure, and hopefully this will not be the last example of Federation and Klingon cooperation, and I look forward to filing similar reports in the future.

-- end transmission --

Operations Log

I received a communique from an associate of mine in the 7th ITS. Apparently, a rouge group of Undine had replaced several civilians on Bajor. Luckily a group from the ITS was on their way to DS9 after dealing with a situation on Defera. The thought of having Undine on Bajor is troubling, but at least the KDF was able to deal with the problem before they infiltrators could do much harm. 

I would also like to report on a joint-op between the 7th Fleet and 7th ITS. Up to this point, the Voth habe been relatively quiet. In fact, since the end of the Iconian War, we've barely heard a peep from them. Yesterday we received word that they had secretly been rebuilding their city-ship. The destruction of the last city-ship was seen as a great victory for the Alliance. It's reconstruction wold put a black stain on that memory. In order to prevent the Voth from retaking any of the ground we've gained, a contingent of 7th Fleet and 7th ITS ship conducted a sortie into Voth controlled space to cripple the behemoth. We followed the plan used to destroy the last city-ship. I was shocked to find that the Voth would be too lazy to fix the hard-point deficiencies that we exploited in the previous encounter. Given this fact, and that we were able to streamline our attack run, the mission when rather smoothly all thing considered. Like last time, we were able to reach the power core and destroy it. While the Voth have shown a resilience not seeing in many races, it is my hope that we have finally struck a fatal blow to their plans.

***End Transmission***

I'm Commodore Thu'Fir and I agree with the above reports.  Well written, Sir.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: