View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBob357

re: U.S.S. Heimadall: Rainbow Science Star Cruiser Build

So I decided to take some of the "junk" sitting in my bank collecting dust and put together a Rainbow build, because why not. Link to the skill planner below. I actually don't have the Dyson beam and console, but they don't have the Chronometric set as an option on the skill planner yet, and I wanted to put something there to help show the magnificence of this beautiful disaster.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rainbowbuild_10873

Oh, I'll just leave this here just for FCPT Davis:

SCM - Infected [LR] (S) - [03:45] DMG(DPS) - @Chillee: 16.43M(80.20K) @sonsofcain: 13.24M(63.83K) @tnguy1977: 3.90M(18.47K) @lunatros1: 3.70M(18.42K) @cinnkidd: 1.56M(8.89K)

You know what, If you can help me to get this running smoothly with a Galaxy, I'll use nothing but that ship for a week or two.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
BigBob357

LT CMDR. Mitchell. D. Ries wrote:

You know what, If you can help me to get this running smoothly with a Galaxy, I'll use nothing but that ship for a week or two.

Challenge accepted. A few questions though . . . of the following what do you have?

1)Recprocity

2)3x Technician Doffs

3)Which piece of shi ....I mean Galaxy do you have?

I'd have to check in game for the first two but for the last I can tell you I have the T6 dreadnought fleet and non fleet, and the T6 exploration cruiser fleet and non fleet.

I think a suitable name for the ship would be, U.S.S. I Made A Crappy Deal

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Admittedly, I am barely more knowledgeable than a noob. But, I thought that the Galaxy dreadnought was a decent ship. Am I wrong?

P.S. - I don't own any of the Galaxies, I was just toying with the idea of getting the dread.

Knightnblu wrote:

Admittedly, I am barely more knowledgeable than a noob. But, I thought that the Galaxy dreadnought was a decent ship. Am I wrong?

P.S. - I don't own any of the Galaxies, I was just toying with the idea of getting the dread.

It's not that bad . . . I guess. Seriously though, its more like an ongoing joke. I personally think they're ugly as sin, but that's just a personal opinion so if you like it, go for it. If I had to take a similar looking ship, I'd take the Guardian.

LT CMDR. Mitchell. D. Ries wrote:

I'd have to check in game for the first two but for the last I can tell you I have the T6 dreadnought fleet and non fleet, and the T6 exploration cruiser fleet and non fleet.

I think a suitable name for the ship would be, U.S.S. I Made A Crappy Deal

U.S.S. Skittles 

Motto:  Feel the Rainbow!

Sorry, can't help myself at times.  I'm this guy:

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

It was always my understanding that the Galaxy was a less than acceptable ship for the new player. The Galaxy dread was said to be "interesting" given it's hangar and capabilities. But I have also heard a lot of praise for the Guardian.

Regardless, thank you for your opinion. :-)

The problem with the dreadnaught, at least IMO, is its Tac seating. It's sub-optimal at best. To use this ship effectively you're forced into one of two scenarios, Aux2Batt or Reciprocity.

Reciprocity is great if you're a tank, in PvP (this is the last place I'd want to bring this ship), or doing solo content. Setting aside the fact that you have to buy a completely different ship just to get the trait (or spend out the wazoo if you're not a FED), most players don't tank, PvP exclusively, or run solo content more than team play.

Aux2Batt sucks. I know some people like it, but once you consider what you have to give up just to run it its value quickly diminishes. First, it forces you to give up three valuable doff slots. Second, it effectively renders two of the best traits in the game - Nukara Aux Config - Defense/Offense - almost completely useless. And lastly, it precludes the use of any boff powers that require high aux to work effectively.

Jump to: