View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
BigBob357

re: Some thoughts on the new skill system

Did you look at what DrainX does?

And the only way to tank in a defiant is to speed tank. Otherwise you're not tanking, you're sponging. 

BigBob357 wrote:

Did you look at what DrainX does?

And the only way to tank in a defiant is to speed tank. Otherwise you're not tanking, you're sponging. 

Let me rephrase with the new threatening stance and the hull regens the new skills give you its alot tankier. and regarding drain x no i havent just tell me.

BigBob357

you-kick-my-dog wrote:

and regarding drain x no i havent just tell me.

No

BigBob357 wrote:
you-kick-my-dog wrote:

No

Well then. http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201407_1305_gcbhc_sm.jpg

BigBob357

So DrainX, a.k.a. drain expertise, is what flowcaps and power insulators used to be. So you're basically getting two skills for the price of one. If there is a compelling reason not to take at least the first point in DrainX, I can't think of it. Even if you didn't have a PLASMONIC Leech, the drain resistance alone would still be worth the investment, not to mention if you did eventually get one, you would already be spec'd for it. So what does this mean for drain builds? It means the likelihood that you're going to match-up with a player that doesn't have at least 100 points into drain resistance, is significantly lower than it once was. Outside of PvP, drain abilities still have their uses, but it is typically in-conjunction with, or to support other abilities. Not as the focus of a build. This is not to say that drain-builds aren't still viable, its just that their effectiveness has been seriously diminished.  

you-kick-my-dog wrote:
BigBob357 wrote:
you-kick-my-dog wrote:

No

Well then. http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201407_1305_gcbhc_sm.jpg

Well that was disappointing 

BigBob357 wrote:

So DrainX, a.k.a. drain expertise, is what flowcaps and power insulators used to be. So you're basically getting two skills for the price of one. If there is a compelling reason not to take at least the first point in DrainX, I can't think of it. Even if you didn't have a PLASMONIC Leech, the drain resistance alone would still be worth the investment, not to mention if you did eventually get one, you would already be spec'd for it. So what does this mean for drain builds? It means the likelihood that you're going to match-up with a player that doesn't have at least 100 points into drain resistance, is significantly lower than it once was. Outside of PvP, drain abilities still have their uses, but it is typically in-conjunction with, or to support other abilities. Not as the focus of a build. This is not to say that drain-builds aren't still viable, its just that their effectiveness has been seriously diminished.  

Oh this i knew.....first thing i did was look for the drain skill set knew i was going for them a while ago. Ive gone through a few pvp matches plus kerrat...no one really knows how to edge out others with gimmick builds currently...it really is just a shoot out to see who kills who first. Im guessing this will be the status quo till the skill system is either tweaked or updated again. I like it but there is no clear  sign that youre superior to anyone else yet.

davisjm0311

you-kick-my-dog wrote:

Ive gone through a few pvp matches plus kerrat...no one really knows how to edge out others with gimmick builds currently...it really is just a shoot out to see who kills who first. Im guessing this will be the status quo till the skill system is either tweaked or updated again. I like it but there is no clear  sign that youre superior to anyone else yet.

If that's what you think, I'll PvP you :)

you-kick-my-dog

davisjm0311 wrote:
you-kick-my-dog wrote:

Ive gone through a few pvp matches plus kerrat...no one really knows how to edge out others with gimmick builds currently...it really is just a shoot out to see who kills who first. Im guessing this will be the status quo till the skill system is either tweaked or updated again. I like it but there is no clear  sign that youre superior to anyone else yet.

If that's what you think, I'll PvP you :)

Yea but you're a build obsessive, Im sure you had your build done and ready weeks if not months before xD no non obsessive can compete with that,

davisjm0311

I made changes to my skills last night actually. 

davisjm0311

FYI

Cain and I are both usually in vent every night where "non-obsessive" people can come to benefit from our knowledge on the subject.

you-kick-my-dog

davisjm0311 wrote:

FYI

Cain and I are both usually in vent every night where "non-obsessive" people can come to benefit from our knowledge on the subject.

When i have questions you know i ask-- Im not complaining about not having a knowledge source like other have. Im saying its going to take a bit to get a handle on this system.

Z. Barrett
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

BigBob357 wrote:

Ramming Speed? Really? Shame on you sir. 

Shame? What's that?

you-kick-my-dog wrote:
davisjm0311 wrote:

FYI

When i have questions you know i ask-- Im not complaining about not having a knowledge source like other have. Im saying its going to take a bit to get a handle on this system.

No worries, not directed at you specifically. I just want to make sure others that read the thread know where they can come for assistance. 

you-kick-my-dog

davisjm0311 wrote:
you-kick-my-dog wrote:
davisjm0311 wrote:

FYI

No worries, not directed at you specifically. I just want to make sure others that read the thread know where they can come for assistance. 

I feel used......and not it the profitable whore way ....

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Ship Loadouts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: