View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Nannoc
Science - Captain

Awarded:

re: OCTOBER EVENT REQUEST and APPRECIATION

First, let me thank the Command Staff for their continued hard work and dedication to making the 7th GREAT!  

Second, I was reviewing the Event Calendar and noted that events sponsored by the 7th are heavily centered around Ground Content (70% +/- over last 5 months), where I believe the many Captains enjoy Space / Starship content as much or more.  Are we dedicated to the Ground Game or could we consider more events around Starship actions?  Perhaps we could start a Thread to encourage ideas!  It is a creative group!!  Just a Thought.  CAPT Nannoc

Again, the time you all commit to keeping the 7th running is EPIC!

Capt Nannoc

Capt. Vashaar
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I know I rarely stay for ground events. I prefer space events, it is why I play the game.

Awarded:

Cheers for the feedback guys. I shall try and think of more space orientated events for the next few months.

The thunder from down under
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

Obviously ground combat is where it's at guys.

What's the saying? Come for the space combat, stay for the ground missions.

:P

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Colonial Marines = KDF Ground Pounders

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Since October is coming up, may I make a suggestion in accordance with the OP's wishes... we normally would like to run Zombie Apocalypse, where we pit one fully equipped Fleet member against the max number of unequipped Fleet-mates to simulate a zombie attack.  That is a blast, and we should definitely do it, but it is also a ground map.  To appease Fritz, can we experiment with a space-borne version of it, this year?  Someone had suggested a horde of shuttles vs one starship, that might be a good place to start, or maybe a wolfpack of starships with only common [white] gear against one starship, and see who as the lone player can take on the most enemies before being killed.

Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

VADM Kor sir, you read my mind. I'll hash out the details of the mission on another forum post. Everyone is invited to make their suggestions and criticisms. 

Also, Mr Wuteedo, this is a fair assessment on the best way to deal with warriors of the 7th ITS's calibre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHmUk_J6xQ  

Its the only way to be sure.

The thunder from down under
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Alex, I will take a "Zombie" Gorn with bite for $1000.00.  

####

As a crazy, but different thought, why not try team (KDF v. Fed) battles against the game STF/Missions; time will be the measurement of victory.    For instance, on elite, how much time does it take each team to defeat the CE or Borg Red Alert.   Even better, some of the more advanced missions they have come up with recently -

The Battle of Korfez (elite), Bug Hunt (elite), and a few others, we don't do to often.   For whole group and both fleets, nothing beats an evening of Dino Hunting on the Dyson Sphere.    One of my personal favorites is Nimbus III and the barfight mission; melee weapons only.  

Also, I still believe most folks like the one-on-one tournaments with either melee or hand-to-hand combat, including Admiral Fortan's Orbital Strikes.  image

Cheers

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: