View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Message to Cryptic on 20 Man PvE

FYI,

I sent a message off to the Community Managers at Cryptic about our problems launch a 20 man PvE.  Here the message:

Hey Mike and Nev, 

Can one of you you direct me to a set of instruction on setting up a 20 man private queue for STFs. About 2 weeks ago we tried to launch a 20 man event, and it was an utter failure. There had been some changes, and, to be honest, we gave up trying to get it to work after 45 minutes of chasing our tails. There should be an easier way.

We have different levels of access in fleets. Those of us over a certain guild rank, say SEC III for example, should have the rights to create a private queue. Myself, I am a SEC VI When I call up the Fleet Roster, I should be able to see who is online with check boxes next to each. I should be able to check the individuals for the queue I want to create, and have a Launch Private PvE button at the bottom to lauch for anything over 5 players. The queue window with all the selected individuals should pop up and in the frame I should have a dropdown menu of all the 10 and 20 man missions, and next to that an dropdown or check box with the level of difficulty. 

STO may be in its 8th year, but the 7th Fleet is entering its 9th this March, and we are still hanging in there. I've been playing this game since January 2010 (Beta) ( JT Kerry@jtkerry - Life Member since game launch). Setting up a Large Group PvE should not take doing backflips with a fishbowl on my head - I say this with a smile my friends. We couldn't get the darn thing to work 2 weeks ago. We had a group of 18 guys waiting, and grumbling, and saying things like "...working as intended..." We had to brake up into smaller groups to play. 

My Fleet Admiral wants to attempt this atleast once a quarter. I know this isn't the orthodox way of trying to get the attention of the Devs, but, if you see fit, please pass this along. 

Thanks a bunch, and with kind regards,

VADM JT Kerry

Chief of Staff

the "Lucky" 7th Fleet

Maybe something will happen, maybe not.  But, at least I try.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

CPT Darrick Lurr
Tactical - Captain

re: Message to Cryptic on 20 Man PvE

I can't speak for everyone, however even though we twiddled our thumbs for a while, it was still a lot of fun. Wouldn't be apposed to having it more often than quarterly.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: