View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Major General J.L.Kelley

re: Operation Sword of Michael

All,

Since there are many threads out there that contain bits and pieces of the mission into the Gayda Quadrent, to find out what happened to Captain Perry and the Stille Jager, I am endeavoring to bring them all under one heading. For ease of locating and keeping up with the story, all posts regarding this missionshould be attached to this thread as replies. I hope this will make things easier to follow. Since it has been myself for the most part that has put all these subheadings out there maybe this will keep things organized. If the thread gets to long we can start a new one as part II etc. All questions or querries should be posted to this thread as well.
The mission has been given the code name Sword of Michael for the probable use of the light mass sigularity weapon. If one is unfamiliar with this, most of the data is there in past announcements, under Light Mass Weapon etc. I will try over the next week to gather relevent data under this heading.
Note that this includes what is currently transpiring on both the Nevada and Centurion.
Thanks, and I apologize for any confusion.

Col. J Loki Kelley
Deputy Commander Turner

re: Sword of Michael

2408.0810 S 12.7

YOU MUST LAUNCH WITHIN 42 MINUTES

Mr. Kelley, I do not have time to explain in detail, you must launch the weapon
within 42 minutes, I am unable to provide you with the coordinates for launch, I trust you will do your best.

Let me just say that whatever we have brought with us from the Tholian encounter has enhanced our long range scanners, well, enhanced is an understatement, I am not sure how long this distortion will last, but, act quickly.

and Commander Perry gives you his regards.

Forum Image

this is your target
Major General J.L.Kelley

re: We are Launching!!

While our commo gear seems to be in disarray we are leaving the vicinity of the Nevada and will make all possible haste to the co-ordinates given in the short microwave burst from Commodore Turner. While the sensor array on the Centurion seems to be fried in the pressence of the Nevada, that ships sensors seem to be heightened ten fold or more. We have moved far enough away to engage our FTL drive and will be underway at warp 9 within the hour. We will head toward the heart of the dead zone deep in the Gayda Quadrent. On my voyage with Cptn. Perry we never went to this area of the dead zone. As far as we could tell then (and now for that matter), this area is heavily shrouded by ionized galactic dust. It seems to bounce our scanning attempts of every variety all over, effectively rendering a vessel blind. We will follow a co-ordinate heading rather than a scanner plot.
I understand that I will rendevous with Capt. Perry's vessel Stille Jager at the co-ordinates that I infer to be the Alien home world. The Commodore has assured me that the Admiral has authorized weapons release, so the LMS weapon is to be used, having seen the destruction wrought by these hostile life forms on innocent planets accross many, many light years, I feel no remorse nor pity. These vile creatures deserve what will be unleashed upon them.
Commodore Turner is on his own with the inbound ordenance, I have no idea what they are, but I suspect they are some form of kinetic energy, mass in motion type of weapon, they are moving at near light speed thus they they carry the weight of massive asteroids. I fired a barrage of photon torpedoes in a shield pattern I hope it will be of assitance to the Nevada. I do not like leaving the situation, but I feel that the Commodore knows what he is doing.
Do to the continuing problems in the Centurions sensor and communication arrays, I plan further communication in compressed microwave bursts, I will keep the fleet updated to the best of my abilities.

Col J L Kelley
Major General J.L.Kelley

re: Further evidence of destruction wrought by aliens

All,
Please see the photo's in the misson Pics folder of further destruction wrought by the aliens in the Gayda Quadrent dead zone. These were beamed to me in compressed microwave bursts from Captain Perry on the Stille Jager. I have sent them on to the fleet to help further your understanding of what has gone on, and why we must stop it.

Col. J L Kelley
C. Burnett

TO: Col. J L Kelley
SUBJECT: Starfleet Policy

With all due respect colonel, while I believe everyone will agree that these aliens must be stopped, as Starfleet officers and , moreover, representatives of the Federation it is our primary mission to seek a diplomatic solution. I'm sure I need not remind you of the destruction the Xindi caused during the founding of the Federation which was due to "third party" interference and solved by the diplomatic skill of Capt. Archer. These aliens may be being manipulated, and given our recent war with the Dominion and the Gayda Quadrant's proximity to the Founder's home world, and I believe it a distinct possibility.

V/r,
C. Burnett, LTJG
STO 7th Fleet
Deputy Commander Turner

re: 2408.0814 S 8568.6

Jack, great call on photon torpedo shield. I have managed to put the Nevada on a vector path and speed to evade the Inbound Ordnance. Our sensors stabilized upon your exit.

We have determined the technology to be primitive in design and execution, but effective and results driven. The Inbound Ordnance does not appear to track us as its target.
It is eerily akin to WWII Carpet Bombing. We have launched warning beacons.

LTJG C. Burnett,
We have had no success at Diplomacy with the Inbound Ordnance pursuing the Nevada. The Inbound Ordnance appears to be purely driven by kinetic energy, but I fear it has a hive mind, I believe at some point, it will change course. We estimate the IO to number 514 medium yield devices. The Nevada is en route to the minnow to pick up additional crew, I estimate 2 days out. Please coordinate a plan to destroy this threat.
C. Burnett

TO: Commodore Turner
SUBJECT: RE: IO Solution

I believe we can stop the wave by constructing a hexahedran gravimetric net useing modified class IV science probes. Essentially, we'd be making a gravity well in front of the IO. We'd have to link the the probes with gravition pulses, like creating a net, and once the bulk of the IOs are inside we activate it. The graviton strings will create a field similar to a star's gravitational field. Since the IO is traveling on knietic energy it won't be able to escape. All 514 will be pulled to the center of the field where a few standard anti-matter mines should be able to do the trick. I recomend constructing the net across an area equal to the IO's diameter squared for optimal effectivness. If we use the formation shown in the reference below we would need to place a probe at all major verticies.
If I pull all avalilable personel, and use shuttle craft to deploy the probes, I could have he net up in 18 hours.

V/r,
C. Burnett, LTJG
STO 7th Fleet

Ref:http://www.patinkas.co.uk/Merkaba_Feature_Article/a_Metatron_Hexahedron.jpg
mbrwn2003
Science - Captain

Awarded:

to make matters worse the crew seem to be comeing down with some kind of viurs that i have never seen before. lets just say its not plesent it leaves its host in aguonising pain. and have seen one deth so far i need to quorinten the ship. and studdy it so i can find a cure.

k.mikey lt (jg)
cheif medical offcer
C. Burnett

TO: LTJG K. MIKEY
SUBJECT: Virus

Send the data you have to my science station on starbase 343 so I can take a look at it.

V/r,
C. Burnett, LTJG
STO 7th Fleet
alf13of13

I am awaiting the return of the NCC 2703, U.F.P. Centurion and have already prepared my address for my new crew. I wish we had become acquainted prior to the heavy load that has been placed before us. But we all have hard choices to make in our lives, Choices with far reaching consequences, and from what I've seen so far of this crew, I know they are up to the task.
Upon Col Kelleys orders I had the LMS weapon prepared and readied the weapon for loading onto the Centurion, at star base 214 R/FO (restricted/fleet operations only) prior to her departure. Our jobs are full of tough choices, and we need to be ready with answers for them. Starfleet has the utmost confidence in you. Good Luck team!
Deputy Commander Turner

re: IO Solution

TO: LTJG Burnett

Brilliant. Make it so.
C. Burnett

TO: LTJG K. MIKEY
SUBJECT: RE: Virus

From the information you sent, it seems to be a similar to the phage except it has a silicon based crystalline structure. Curious. What do you make of it?

V/r,
C. Burnett, LTJG
STO 7th Fleet
C. Burnett

TO: Commodore Turner

The probe modifications are ready, but time is running out. With the virus on board the Nevada, I need the Ticonderoga and the Centurion to pick up the modified probes, my team, and I at starbase 343.

For future use, I recommend the fleet procure a Nebula class star ship. A dedicated science vessel will be necessary for furthering fleet knowledge and exploration and a Nebula class is the least fragile in combat situations. Not only would the advanced sensors allow the fleet to detect cloaked vessels and exploring the Gayda Quadrant, but one would really come in handy for situations like this.

V/r,
C. Burnett, LTJG
STO 7th Fleet
Major General J.L.Kelley

re: Micro-wave burst 001

The Centurion has arrived at the destination of Commodore Turners directions, the planet below us looks earth like, very much like the still shot sent to my vessel by Commodore Turner. We have found the Stille Jager and have set about trying to set up communication with her. She has sustained quite a bit of battle damage, however without a direct comm link with her it is difficult to ascertain how bad it really is. I anticipate that we will have that issue resolved before too long. While our sensors appear to be functioning, we aren't sure how much they can be trusted. Strange blips cropping up.... There are a multitude of orbiting stations around the planet we have tried to hail them but have yet to receive a response..........
We have inbound ordenance...repeat..... we are being fired upon.
Shields to maximum range encompass the Stille Jager within our shield wall. Battle stations, all hands battle stations, emergency response teams to your ready stations.
alf13of13

Personal Log :

Finally aboard the Centurion and settling in. I've decided to take on the MD side of things upon Col Kelleys suggestion and so far I'm really enjoying it. The green tab on my uniform will take a little getting used to though. The promotions have come so fast it's hard to take it all in, but this is, after all what I've trained for.
As I familiarize myself with my new quarters, my thoughts are interrupted by the comm system Alert. "Battle stations, all hands battle stations, emergency response teams to your ready stations." "XO Yoshinda to the Bridge." I guess my unpacking will have to wait...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: