Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Web Task Force
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Major General J.L.Kelley

re: TF-80 CREW FORUM

Forum Image

Forum Image

Task Force 80 For the Command and Crew personnel assigned to the Black Ops & Marine Task Force.... "Best of the Best" We are the Point of the Spear -- Determined, Disciplined, Decisive!
Our Motto: Carpe Diem

Last edited by Major General J.L.Kelley on 10/01/09 16:24; edited 1 time in total
Major General J.L.Kelley

Vessel and Personnel assigned to TF-80

Centurion
the largest and fastest vessel in the 7th Fleet. The Centurion is also the most heavily armed, heavily armored, and heavily shielded as well.
Second Vessel
As yet unnamed Vigilent class vessel

Crew assigned to the TF - 80
Brigadier J.L.Kelley Centurion Commander
Lt. Col. Yoshinda Centurion Chief of Staff to Gen. Kelley
Lt. Col. Steile To be determined XO to Gen. Kelley

One more to be named shortly

Congratulations gentlemen, shortly we will have a meeting regarding the new mission.

Brigadier J.L.Kelley
Major General J.L.Kelley

Lt. Col. Steile

Your attendance is required at the upcoming meeting with Admirals Fortin & Turner, there will be others attending but the command staff of the 7th MD should all be there. We will meet in about an hour on the 7th Fleet HDQ level admin room 7A. I understand a fine single malt scotch from Earth will also be attending.

Brigadier J.L. Kelley
Steile

My apologies General, complying with Admiral Turner's request for assistance seemed to be a priority at the time. As a result, I missed your communique.

Major General J.L.Kelley

No problem Col, this meeting came about after your initial orders from Admiral Turner, the meeting has not yet started your attendence would still be apreciated.
Thanks,
Brigadier Kelley
Steile

I am at the disposal of the Senior Staff immediately.

Major General J.L.Kelley

re: 7th Fleet Marine Creedo

To all those in the 7th Fleet Marine Corp.

I realize that this is only role play but how do you feel about using this creedo as our own?
Also I realize that I was in the field artillery, but trust me ever soldier lives this stuff. I also accept that my MOS in no way compared to those in the Ranger Corp so I don't pretend to have been or be one. One last note I know that Lt. Col. Steile was a U.S. Marine so I intend no slight. In fact if you have any facets of the Marine Creedo you would like to import lets do it. We would naturally have to remove the word Ranger and sub in 7th fleet Marine or perhaps just the word Marine in the text below. Let me know your thoughts.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards
of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.
Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.
Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.
Rangers Lead The Way!
alf13of13

Wow! I hope it would not seem as an insult, I would be honored if this was our creedo. Lt.Col Yoshinda 7thMD U.S.S.Centurion NCC-2703
Steile

Jack,
Lets have no more modesty regarding your honorable service. As a former Marine every honorably discharged veteran has my repect. That respect is only enhance by your membership to the Rangers whose short history is as proud as that of my beloved Corps. More importantly the Rangers understand that the role for a soldier is to be always prepared to fight and win! Regarding your personal service always remember that, "All give some and some give all." The true hero's are those who don't get to come home followed closely by those who buy a small piece of that. The rest of use are graced by the sacrifice of the former. For the most part we do not get to choose but the point is we were willing to put ourselves in harm's way. That makes us worthy.

The 7th MD is your baby in this role play. It is our duty to fill our roles in support of it. I would argue that making a combat assault by teleporter is more akin to a paradrop. A shuttle assault would be more akin to helo incertion. Both would have elements of an amphibious assault. We will need to be expert in each.

I would expect that the 7th MD would draw history and tradition from many elite organizations and some more strongly than others. Whichever we draw from it is imperative that when that association is made, whenever we are in game or role play, that we exemplify the best traditions of these proud organizations. If any member of our order will not do so, they must be removed from our ranks.

Last edited by Steile on 10/06/09 21:20; edited 1 time in total

Major General J.L.Kelley

Lt. Col. Steile,

I apreciate what you said in your prior post, thanks. However I cannot and do not consider the 7th MD mine, frankly it is ours. Yours, Lt. Col. Yoshinda's and mine. All I did was have an idea that I ran past Admiral Fortin (Joe). The 7th MD is a work in progress, in my mind it is what we make it into. As far as I am concerned us three officers run it, it is our show not mine, I don't delude myself I could not do it without you both. That being said, I agree let us do all we can to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and I believe that we should hold anyone else that joins our ranks to the same high standards as well.
Lt. Col. Steile I am so impressed with your last paragraph that I would like you to draft a Code of Conduct for the 7th MD so that we have a document that states our beliefs. Like you stated so eloquently "it is imperative that when that association is made, whenever we are in game or role play, that we exemplify the best traditions of these proud organizations. If any member of our order will not do so, they must be removed from our ranks". An SOP to back up our Creedo will be necessary if we must 'remove' a player from the our ranks.

I am in your debt
Brigadier Kelley

I will begin working on the development of a Code of Conduct. I have some ideas on how to begin but would be most grateful for input and and collaboration by both the General and Lt. Col. Yoshinda. The question is should this be hashed out in this forum or a more private venue?

Steile

re: 7th MD Recruiting

Just a notification that I am making a recruiting effort in our outpost specific to the 7th MD. I feel a need to add to our ranks a little with a "Few Good Men."

(Did not intend to post this outside of TF80)

Major General J.L.Kelley

I Like the idea of recruiting on the out post.
I feel that we could probably work on the code of conduct via the PM route. If it is o.k. with the both of you I will tweak the Ranger code and insert the word Marine into it so that it applies more specifically to the 7th MD. At that point we can post the Creedo on the main forum board, although I believe most have seen it here on TF 80.

re: Reporting for duty

General Kelley, Colonel Steile, <S>

I am Anton Savage, recently registered and assigned to the 7th Marine Division by Admiral Turner. I was told to report for duty ASAP and I am awaiting my assignment. Please advise.

Anton Savage
Callsign "Ghostface"
Scorpion MkII pilot
Earth Marine Corps
Squadron Leader, VFA-244 Ghostriders (Quantico, VA)
Attached to: 285th Mobile Infantry (Mechanized)
Previous deployment: USS Columbia (Akira-class carrier)
Mission Role: S&D, WW, CAP
Major General J.L.Kelley

Anton Savage,
Welcome to the 7th MD. We are currently docked at StarBase 643. The Centurion has recently returned from a secret mission in the Gayda quadrent, we are tasked with another secret mission and are heading back out ASAP. Col. Steile is pulling all crew given leave at this time, he is also preping the Centurion to make ready and Lt. Col Yoshinda is heading back to see to the readiness of the Marine detachment aboard our vessel. Please make your way from the SB 643 receiving quarters to the Centurion post haste. Lt. Col. Steile will handle all transfer paperwork. As soon as you arrive at the Centurion receiving bay find Lt. Fortran he will then direct you to Lt. Col Steile, Lt. Col. Yoshinda or myself. I cannot stress the need for haste enough we are short staffed to begin with, and we need every able bodied dedicated Marine we can get.

Page 1 of 7

Jump to: