Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Web Task Force
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Ezreq Blodvaerd

re: TF-80 CREW FORUM

First off...thank you for the recognition and promotion!

Congrats to all other members of the 7th for their promotions as well! Our joint task force is doing well in combat operations in Biosphere.

Question about rank:

In STO all "Captains" work through cadet ranks in tutorial and graduate from Star Fleet Academy as 1LTs or LTs. At this rank we then command our own ships, but are called "Captains".

Will this be the same system for our forum ranks and roleplay assignments?

An excellent question Lieutenant. The rank structure on our boards is much more flexible and represents more of a real world approach. One could be the captain of garbage scowl as a Lieutenant Junior Grade while being assigned to a Galaxy at the same rank could be a more prestigious position.

To receive your own command on our boards requires consistent contribution in at the level you have been demonstrating. Am I correct in assuming that you would like to command your own ship?

Also keep in mind that we are role playing at a time one years before the events that take place at the start STO.

Steile

Members of Task Force 80,
Should you need something addressed by the Senior Staff of Task Force 80, please bring it to my attention. I am hopeful that General Kelley and Col Yoshinda will be able to join us more frequently in the near future.

Thank you.

Steile

Official congratulations for the promotions of 1stLt Blodvaerd and 1stLt Vixeyrose Belladonna. Ens Gaudious, I am checking on your promotion. It should be coming through shortly.

Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Sgt. Napier walked over to Dr. Brackett, who was talking to Cpl. Gorbani, the Medic from Capt. Talbot's fire team. He stood at the position of parade rest , waiting patiently for the two to finish speaking. Since the both of the fire teams arrivals form the moons surface to the USS Midway they were expertly treated for there wounds and were recovering on the Med Beds in the sick bay. LCpl. Briggs and his team didn't show any physical signs of being trapped in the crystalline cocoons that they had bee found in. The doctor and medic both had said that the only thing unusual about the team was the high white cell count, but that that was consistent with the stress of what had happened to them.

The Dr. and Cpl. had finished their conversation and looked at the Sgt. "Yes Sgt. ?" Gorbani asked, "Begging your pardon Ma'am, I don't mean to interrupt.....that's quite alright Sgt., go ahead....I just wanted to say thank you for patching up the two teams." Dr. Beckett smiles, "It's not a problem Sgt., they weren't too banged up, so it was easy, and it's a honor." Just then Napier's comm. chimed.."Dewey to Sgt. Napier'.. it was Capt. Talbots voice, "Napier here...Sgt. we have a situation, how many Marines are combat ready?" "Both fire teams have been cleared by both Dr. Beckett and Cpl. Gorbani sir, and stand ready." "Good, I'm sending a shuttle to pick you up, Lt. Blodvaerd and his team are aboard a damaged Klingon BOP and is pinned down in the engineering section." "I'm sending some EV suits as well, you are going to assist the Lt. in his mission, and he will fill you in on the details once you get there, understood...Aye sir...good, and Jim...bring them back safe...Aye sir, Napier out."

After he end the transmission with the Capt., Jim walked over to waiting fire teams, "alright, we got a new mission, get your gear and get moving to the shuttle bay." The teams jumped up and headed out of sick bay to the Midway's shuttle bay. As the teams moved through the ship Jim wondered how bad the situation aboard the Klingon vessel was. and hoped he and the teams could get there in time to help the Lt. What ever it was, Jim was confident that the situation could handled with no problem.

The shuttle had just landed when the teams arrived to the bay, they boarded and the shuttle launched. It headed towards the Klingon vessel as the first shuttle was was maneuvering into position to pick up the Lt. and his team. Jim spoke to the pilot, "open a channel to the other shuttle...aye Sgt....channel open...shuttle 1 this is shuttle 2, hold your position and keep a transporter lock on the Lt. and his team... we are going deploy 2 teams on the other side to ambush the ambushers....copy that shuttle 2." "Okay pvt. get us near the vessel and put us right behind that group of Klingons....roger that." The shuttle swung around the other side of the vessel and came to a stop next to a bulkhead. The pilot signaled Jim that he was in position and holding station. Jim looked at the teams and gave them a quick brief, the nodded back at the pilot. the pilot tapped a couple of controls on the panel and the teams dissolved in a wash of blue light, and re-materialize in the vessel. Jim tapped his comm. badge, " Cpl. Biggs, take your team to the left and my team will go to the right, set your weapons to stun, we want to be able to interrogate them...Aye Sgt." came the response. They move silently into position. Jim looked at his tricorder and scanned the area and located the Klingons that had the Lt. and his team pinned down. Once he got the signal that Biggs team was ready he gave the order to engage. They moved in, as they got closer one of the Klingons turned and spotted the teams. He shouted an alarm and fired his disruptor. the shot missed Jim's head by a fraction of a meter. The teams returned fire and what ensued next was a dazzling display of energy beams and small explosions of sparks. the fight only lasted 2 minuets, and when the smoke cleared, all of the Klingons were down. Jim tapped his badge, " Cpl. Biggs report." "All team members are present, no injury's." "Outstanding...he tapped his badge again...Sgt. Napier to Lt. Blodvaerd, the Klingons have been neutralized, the area is clear to proceed."

Steile

Official congratulations for the promotions of Lt Guardious. Well earned, sir!

Steile

Welcome to 7MD 2nd Lt Collins. The USS Centurion and USS Dewey are currently in combat operations in the the BIOSPHERE area.

Ezreq Blodvaerd

If I might make a few suggestions here, that will assist in overall 7th Fleet organization and also assist us in roleplaying.

First, this thread (TF 80 Crew) should not be an RP thread, but a planning thread for TF 80 to be on the same page when we are active in the RP threads (ie. Biosphere).

This I believe will avoid such problems as having one forum member, tied to the story written by another, and then one of the two go inactive. This makes advancing the story difficult.

Second, stories, just like RL military missions, should be planned backwards. This way we all will know what the final result will be, and we will not end up writing something that will take us too far astray.

Finally, I like the idea that new officers are placed under the direct command of more senior officers and on ships that are not their own. Although this can not be indentically done in-game, it can in some way be reproduced in theory through the use of a squadron structure.

7th MD Division Command / Flagship = ?

TF 80 Command / Flagship

Squadron 1 - Leader?
Squadron 2 - Leader?

etc....

Awarded:

I think if we separate the role playing from what's going to actually take place in STO, it will be a little less confusing

Give me a little time to reflect...

Dirtnap1971

Steile wrote:
Welcome to 7MD 2nd Lt Collins. The USS Centurion and USS Dewey are currently in combat operations in the the BIOSPHERE area.

Thank you, Colonel.

I look forward to serving this fine fleet.
Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Lt. Dirtnap,

I would also like to welcome you to the 7MD, and look forward to working with you.

Steile

Congratulations to to Col Talbot and Maj Blodvaerd on recent promotions!

Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

Steile wrote:
Congratulations to to Col Talbot and Maj Blodvaerd on recent promotions!

Congratulations to you as well General.

Steile

Welcome to 7MD:

2nd Lt. Dirtnap
2nd Lt. Thetireman1C
2nd Lt. Sam Belome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Web Task Force All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: