Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Web Task Force
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

re: TF-79 CREW FORUM

Forum Image
Forum Image

Forum Image
Task Force 79 is the Exploration and Science force of 7th Fleet. We are the ones "who go where no one has gone before." Our mission is simple -

(1) Explore the galaxy to discover science and technology that can be secured for 7th Fleet.

(2) Perform such other tasking as may be assigned by higher authority.

This forum will be used for internal TF80 communications. TF80 operations will be documented in the fleet story forum, or other forums as might be designated by COM7THFLT.

Awarded:

TF80 Assignment Detail

CTF80 - Commander Van Wormer

TF80 Units - USS Midway NCC-41221, NX-91001 Class
Crew:
Captain - Commander Van Wormer
Chief Engineer - Ensign Vital
Chief Science Officer - Ensign Lang.

Current TF80 Tasking: None. Docked at Starbase 643.

Awarded:

Captain to Ensigns Vital and Lang... Report to the STO site, Ships of the Line, and learn all you can about our new ride! Expect me to want to take her for a spin fairly soon envy

A node of the head I turn to the computer..

"Computer Give me a run down on the USS Midway"

Working.

NCC-41221 USS MIDWAY
Specifications

Dimensions:
Overall Length: 692 meters
Overall Draft: 92 meters
Overall Beam: 253 meters
Displacement: 3,200,000 metric tons
Propulsion Systems:
Class 10 Warp Drive
Hyper Impulse Drive
Defensive Systems:
Ablative Tetraburnium Alloy Hull
Regenerative Shielding
Embarked Craft (Typical):
3 Shuttle Bays
10 Shuttlecraft (various classes)
10 Shuttlepods (various classes)
Velocity:
Cruising: Warp Factor 8
Maximum: Warp Factor 9.985
Computer Systems:
Holoemitter Trans-Deck Array System
Holographic Consoles and Astrometric Laboratories
Bioneural Circuitry
Offensive Systems:
16 Type XIV Phaser Arrays
4 Forward and 4 Aft Torpedo Launchers (Payloads Classified)
Additional Weapons Classified

Exploration vessel; Commissioned: 2409
A starship designed to carry Federation influence throughout the Alpha Quadrant and beyond, the NX-91001 is one of the first multi-role starship designs since the Sovereign class was commissioned in the early 2370s. Able to function as a deep-space explorer with extensive sensors and laboratory facilities for scientific research, the NX-91001 also is outfitted as a heavy cruiser armed with some of the latest in Starfleet weapons technology for deployment in hostile areas.

The NX-91001 contains the best of the new technologies developed in the past 40 years. Bioneural circuitry mimics organic neurons, speeding data functions and improving computer performance. An advanced sensor pod can be operated from the bridge or manned directly for intense sweeps, and includes telemetric observation VISOR technology to allow a science officer to interface directly with data transmitted by a robotic exo-probe.

A holoemitter array system allows Emergency Medical and Emergency Command Holograms to operate throughout the ship when needed, and the ship is equipped with a Class 10 warp drive for normal operation and an advanced hyper impulse drive for sublight operation. The Class 10 warp drive is equipped with an advanced quantum sublimating theta-matrix compositor which recrystalizes the ship’s dilithium into a much more stable form than earlier models. This allows the NX-91001 to go much longer distances at high warp velocities before needing to replace the crystals.

Defensive systems of this starship are based on significant advances in Federation technology. The starship features an ablative tetraburnium alloy hull, which allows it to withstand greater amounts of heat and pressure than any previous design, and regenerative shields on the NX-91001 can adapt to enemy weapons fire during a battle. The ship also carries a full suite of offensive weapons, including 16 Type XIV phaser arrays, eight torpedo launchers and several other weapons. Note: Because of the recent conflicts, the complete weapons configuration of the NX-91001 is classified.
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

Outstanding work Mr. Lang! Leave it to the science department to get the data!

Awarded:

Captain to all department heads: Heads up, people. We're waiting for one new crew member to report. If he doesn't show within the next 24 hours, he'll be here when we get back! Admiral Turner has cleared Midway for local operations, to complete her shakedown and get our sensor arrays calibrated. Make sure your departments are prepared to get underway, inform the bridge when ready. Captain out.

I turn from my station

"Captain all Science sections are online and standing-by sir"
Vital<FCF>

Makes a landing in shuttle bay 1

Got my gear and drops it off an his crew quarters and heads to Engineering.

Looks over data on the ship while walking to his station and is at this time he thinks that after looking over the systems this ship seems to be more like a dreadnought and a science ship then anything else. “This thing is loaded!”

Gets to engineering and asks for the latest reports on all active systems and the newer added systems. All systems seem to be in order and on schedule for the launching. Like the launching of the Enterprise B, many things will likely be finished being installed in a spacedock. No big deal there, every system should be finished in dock, before we leave. In fact with all these people here in Engineering I think it will be ready in no time at all.

Mmmm… it seems I haven’t been given the clearance to the classified weapons systems. All well I will leave that do the Capitan.

Awarded:

Lieutenant PakBeall, the communications officer looks over from her station saying to me "Captain, you have a private communication from Admiral Turner." "Very well, route it to my ready room, Lieutenant", I reply. I go into the ready room, sit at the desk and enter the security code into the computer.

The Admiral appears on the screen. "Commander, proceed with the Midways' departure. Set yellow alert and head for the coordinates I'm sending you". "Understood Admiral. We'll be underway shortly", I say. "Good luck out there Commander" are the last words from Admiral Turner, before the screen goes dark.

Hitting my comm badge, "Lieutenant PakBeall, call all department heads to my ready room for the departure briefing, and sound Yellow Alert!"

Awarded:

I look around my ready room at the assembled department heads:

First Officer - LtCmdr L'Krain, a Vulcan...
Chief Engineer - ENS Michael Vital
Science Officer - ENS Stephen Lang
Communications - LT Su PakBeall
Helm - LTJG Mario Petty
Nav/Tac - LTJG John Gage
Security - LT Ken McCoy
Chief Medical Officer - LtCmdr Kelly Brackett

"Okay people, I know we really haven't had any time to get to know each other, but I'm sure there will be plenty of time once we're underway!" I tell them.

"Captain, do we know what our mission might be?" L'Krain asks. "Well, Midway is the only unit of TF79 deployed to SB 643, and there are MANY unanswered questions surrounding the recent detination of the LMS weapon." "Suffice it to say that we'll probably be tasked somehow in conjunction with that." I say.

"Any other questions or concerns?", I ask, while glancing around the room. No one says anything. All right then, let's get this show on the road! "Mr. Vital, I'll want warp 3 just as soon as we clear the area". I tell the ChEng. Looking at the Science Officer, "Mr. Lang, please ensure the short range sensors are online as I REALLY don't want any navigation problems before we get clear of Starbase!"

"Stations everyone."

Awarded:

"Captain, Starbase traffic control reports we are clear and free to navigate.", LT PakBeall calls from her station. "Outstanding!" I reply.

I touch the comm panel on my command chair. "Mr. Vital, I'd like warp 3 now", I tell the ChEng. Looking over at the science station... "Mr. Lang, set the scanners to maintain a one parsec scan, please."

"Helm, bring us to 117 mark 2, warp 3."

"Mr. L'Krain, maintain yellow alert, and begin our shakedown program".

Off we go....

Awarded:

"Number One, how's the training progressing?

"Very well, Captain", Commander L'Krain responds.

"Could be it's time to surprise a few folks.", is my reply.

"Captain to Engineering. Mr. Vital, this is a drill. You've just experienced an explosion in the aft torpedo bay. Please deal with it!"

I look across the bridge... "Lieutenant PakBeall, this is a drill, sound red alert!"....

From the speakers.... "This is a drill, this is a drill. Red alert, all hands to battle stations. Make manned and ready reports to the First Officer, on the bridge.".....

I look over my console and double check everything twice

"All Science experiment stow away, All sensors fully operational Commander we stand ready"

Forum Image

"AHH Commander I have an explosion in science lab deck 9 aft "
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

With the word that an explosion has occurred in one of the science labs, the nature of things take on a new tone.

"Communications, secure the drill, set condition red alert. Damage control teams lay to the deck 9 aft science labs.", I tell LT PakBeall.

I slam the comm panel on my command chair... "Mr. Lang, damage control teams are on the way. Take charge of them when they arrive."

"Mr. Petty, drop us out of warp, make one third impulse". I tell the helmsman.

Turning to L'Krain, "Commander, you have the conn, I'm headed down to deck 9."

Awarded:

On the way to deck 9, I meet the CMO. "Any casualties Captain?" he asks.

"No reports yet, Doctor. But we'll know in just a minute.", I reply.

WE go through the hatch, and see Ensign Lang giving orders and taking charge.

I call out - "Status report Mr. Lang!"

Page 1 of 6

Jump to: