Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Web Task Force
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

re: TF-79 CREW FORUM

With the emergency behind us, and the Midway fully operational, I turn my efforts toward more mundane endeavors, like personnel assignments.

After review of the personnel records, I find Midway has crewmembers that could be better used in different departments.

Looking across my ready room desk at L'Krain I say "Okay. now that the review is finished, here's who we need to move, based on primary skillsets." Get the word out to LTJG Lang that he moving out out the Science Department to head up our Tactical Response Team (TRT). ENS Scott is already assigned there, so that'll help get our Tactical Department up to speed." As for ENS Matthews, his primary skill track is science, so get him moved to the Science Department, with the duties of Chief Science Officer." "Any questions or thoughts, Number One?"

"No, Captain" said L'Krain. "I'll notify the affected officers right away."

"Very good", I say, turning my attention to the next item on my Padd......

Awarded:

LT PakBeall looked across the bridge at my command chair and said "Captain, message from Centurion."

"Alright Su, send it over here" I replied. I puched the button on my command chair and heard the voice of our new task force commander, Major General Jack Kelley.

"Centurion to all 7th Fleet units. Establish formation Fortin1, centered on Centurion. Fleet course is 150 mark 15, fleet speed is warp factor two. All ships signal when ready."

"Helm, you heard the man. 150 mark 15, warp two, I called to Mr. Petty.

"Aye Sir. Computed and laid in", he responded.

"Signal Midway standing by, Su" I instructed the communications officer. She made the call and responded that we had an engage command.

"Put her in drive Mr. Petty!" I joked to the helmsman.......

"Deck 7 "

Starring at the doors waiting for them to open I attempt to piece together the last few days in an effort to understand what is happening here

L'Krain to Lt.Lang "Yes Sir" you've been resigned to the TRT get yourself up to speed before we get there." Aye sir"

"Computer change my destination to deck 10 "

I exit the tubro lift and head for the holodeck through the doors I go.
"Computer access files and misson log for the hazard team show them on this termial" working

this one looks good "Computer run misson log USS DALLAS"

Last edited by Lang S on 11/02/09 15:37; edited 1 time in total

I step onto the bridge of the Midway

"Sir, Ensign Matthews reporting for new assignment as Chief Science Officer"

"Very well, Ens.," the Captain said, "take your place at the science station."

"Aye, Captain." I put myself behind the booth of the science station just as the Midway slips into Warp. I wonder what the Centurion has in mind for us as we head towards the abyss...
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

I am quickly beamed to the USS Dallas ShuttleBay.

I look in aww, there's no gravity,its cold, the crew yeah haven't seen them yet , and the Dallas is dead in space. there's all these little noises "Hello is anyone there" but nothing. As I look around I notice a 7 foot hole in the hull I walk over to
the hole to inspect

"Wow"Was this the work of a torpedo I didn't see any blast pattern. A loud noise comes over the bay I pull my phaser rifle and take a stands
"Who's there " I yell.

I swep the bay with the light on my rifle "Gess I wish I had the 7th Marines with me" as I talked to myself. I must head to the bridge to see where the crew is. I head to the control panel by the door it appears that main power is offline. I use my tricorder on the console and redirect the power to open the door. a rush of air and life less body rush into the bay I'm freak out as it catches me off guard and knocks me off my feet I try to crawl backward to the wall rifle point in the direction of the door. Totally freaked out, what the hell is going on as I watch the dead crewmans body float by.What happened on this ship!

I get up walk into the next bay I see something running out of the corner of my eye I turn and fire but I miss and whatever it was got away. I've never seen anything like it. I head to the door checking my six with my rifle. There's got to be someone alive. I get to the door and the door opens I let out a scream "AHHHHHHHH" I put my hand to my chest "oh my god" I drop my rifle and hands go to my knees as I bend over

"Captain Wormer its you" a sigh of relief on my part
"Computer Freeze program, Can I help you Captain"

Awarded:

I review my away team roster which is comprised of six teams of 5 members in each team three ship security teams and three ship marines forces, each will have a Medical officer and one Engineer
to help with situations that might require those skill sets. I have included myself in this roster, as I feel I am the one sending men and women in harms way I should be the first on the ground and the last to beam up. Now onto something that might give us an advantage in combat. "Computer cross index Admiral Fortin, Commodore Turner's logs for the sword of Michael dealing with the life form that was encountered." Computer: “Enemy Ordnance does have a hive mind, is crystalline in nature and directed by local queen. Queens and thus drones can learn, Tachyon bursts will effect the ordnance like a seizure must hit immediately with phaser fire as disrupted and shield down state lasts only a micro second. May this information help you.” Computer cross index Commander Data's log on the Crystalline Entity's destruction.
Computer accessing:” Logs for Commander Data : The Enterprise was able to attract the Entity by emitting a graviton pulses at 10 per sec. Dr Marr locked out the command code for the pulse emitter and increased the pulses until it produced a resonance feedback with in the Entity which destroyed the life form.” “I think I just found away to give our away teams an advantage,I say to myself.” “Computer locate Lt Lang?”Computer: “Lt Lang is on deck 10 holo deck 4.” “Computer transfer all data findings to my data pad.” I walk to the turbo lift from my tactical station on deck 7, Computer deck 10, I feel the soft glide of the turbo lift and before I know it the turbo lift doors slide open and walk down to holo deck 4
where I see Lt Lang bending over with his hands on his knees in front of Capt Wormer.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

Gentlemen, I'm glad to see you taking advantage of this time to train. Didn't mean to startle you Mr. Lang, only see how things were going with the TRT. Now that Mr. Scott is here, I'll leave you both to your work!

I make my way from the Holodeck suppressing a smirk for surprising LT Lang...

Awarded:

As Capt Wormer leaves I hand my data pad to Lt. Lang and stand at attention. Sir I have set the away teams to six teams of five man groups with a total complament of 30 personal and also come up with a possable weapon solution if we should face this crystalline life form again, its all on the data pad sir.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

Lang S

I start reviewing the the data padd as I head away from the ensign check over the information at hand.

"relax ensign" there no need for attention here,as I push the dead floating crewman from the dallas out of my path of travel.
I turn back around and head for the ensign handing the padd back over "Good work"

"Computer Hazard suit and phaser rifle" I hand over the hazard suit and rifle to the ensign "Help me figure out what happened here,Computer resume Program".

Awarded:

I set the data pad down on the holo deck control portal, and put the Hazard suit on and step into the Dallas bay. "Lt. Lang what happend here?" I say. "Computer replacate tricorder" as soon as the object appeares I grab it, and follow up in front of Lt. Lang. I check the power cell in my rifle and move up to the door and nod my head to the Lt. that I am ready for him to open it albet a bit nervious.

Lang S

Captain to the Tactical Response Team - Stand to for further orders!. "Captain out.

"Hmm I guess we'll have to finish later. Computer save program LTDAL1." I pull my harzard suit helmet off

"Ensign finish up your test on the alien life form and call me for a briefing when your ready"

Awarded:

"Yes Lt. I'll get right on those phaser attachments." I walk out of the holo deck and head for the turbo lift .

Lang S

The door slide open and I enter room 3 on deck 7

"gentlemen,gentlemen" as I enter the room

"Ok, listen up were going to head down to the planet. I want everyone to keep there heads up down there I don't want to lose any of you. Ensign Scott is going to brief you further on the misson details,So listen up. Ensign Scott you have the floor." I head to my seat and sit

Awarded:

I stand up and move towards the view screen, “computer show exploration assignment summery.”
OK folks this is a expedition, here is what is expected. We have been assigned section 2 of the Biosphere, this section starts at the equator and proceeds south until about halfway to the south pole.
There are a number of Biospheres here, we can not get to all of them but the ones you do get please remember Star Fleet protocol and containment procedures for new lifeforms. Now if you notice I have been able to come up with a Phase-rifle attachment that is a harmonic resonator we have code named it BANSHEE for the sound it makes. This attachment is being deployed in response to the crystalline lifeforms that were encountered when the LMS weapon was deployed this attachment should give us an advantage . You have all ready been assigned your 5 man away teams each team will get one BANSHEE phase-rifle, your expected to stay close and report in . Please keep in mind that in these biospheres they are like holding cells so these creatures may be hostile or rather timid , just use common sense. I look to the LT. “LT Lang is there anything you would like to add ?” If not then all away teams report to their transporter stations and don't forget your ear protection

Lang S

"Gentlemen, before heading down there pick up a hazard suit and helmet. I'm sure nothing showed up on the scanner but let be a little careful out there. If you get down there and the air quality is within normal limit you may remove your helmet it but keep your hazard suit on. good luck the fleet is count on us."

Page 4 of 6

Jump to: