View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Deputy Commander Turner

re: B I O S P H E R E

Forum Image

Attention - New Role Play Members, before posting, please read this summary, catch up on the history of the story by visiting the briefing room threads and speaking with other members.

Please also read "How Our Role Play Fleet Works."
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3733818&gid=84053

MISSION BIOSPHERE Sword of Michael Episode IV

In Summary... The 7th Fleet Black Ops division created a weapon capable of destroying an entire world. This program was known as "Project Endgame". The concept was to initiate a black hole at the point of detonation. The result was the Light Mass Weapon or LMS weapon, developed primarily by scientist Tasson Embry.

Despite the moral implications of such a device, the order was given to proceed through the Ever Expanding Dead Zone (EEDZ) and test this deadly weapon against our insect enemy's Home World.

Although the 7th Fleet carried out this mission successfully, there were many problems, especially with the actual detonation of the LMS weapon. There are now more questions than answers.

The Fleet returned to star base 634 to perform repairs, review mission status, assign new members to their duties, commission new vessels, etc. The RP Fleet has now been organized into Task Forces Groups.

USS Ticonderoga SB-634 - - Command & Control
USS Nevada & USS Solace TF-72 - - Military Task Force & Medical
USS Centurion & USS Dewey TF80 - - Military & Tactics 7MD
USS Midway TF-79 - - Science & Engineering
USS Booty Bay TF-70 - - Manufacturing & Minerals

The 7th Fleet is reunited in one great Armada just outside the previously expanding Dead Zone (DZ). We will make our way slowly back to the LMS detonation site. We will investigate the aftermath of our recent war with the alien life forms.

Please follow the Chain of Command, Major General Kelley is in charge of this Battle Group, and we will be taking our orders accordingly. Major General Kelley will start this thread and RP members can take it from there.

BRIEFING ROOM

B I O S P H E R E < NOW OPEN >
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3679105&gid=84053

A F T E R N A T H < COMPLETED >
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3544238&gid=84053

Operation Sword of Michael < COMPLETED >
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3241315&gid=84053

Project Endgame < COMPLETED >
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3135868&gid=84053

Task Force Forum Thread Role Play

TF-72 CREW FORUM
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3521355&gid=84053

TF-80 CREW FORUM
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3522605&gid=84053

TF-79 CREW FORUM
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3523117&gid=84053

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 11/24/09 18:28; edited 48 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: ROLE PLAY FLEET

ROLE PLAY FLEET
Current Members & Ships involved in this story.

Star Base 643
USS Ticonderoga
Commanding Officer Fleet Admiral E. Fortin

Task Force 72
USS Nevada
Commanding Officer Deputy Commander Angus Turner
Executive Officer Captain W. Simms
Tactical Bridge Officer - LT Anton Mercer
Tactical Squad Leader Lt Siberian Snow
Tactical Lt JG Artimus Gordan

USS Solace
Commanding Officer Lt Commander King Mikey
Chief Medical Officer Ensign Kingpinn
Ensign Marc Alexander
Tactical - Ensign William Anders
Tactical - Ensign Firehawk

Task Force 80 / 7MD
USS Centurion
Commanding Officer MG J Loki Kelley
Col Alfred Yoshinda
1LT Anton Savage

USS Dewey
Commanding Officer Col Steile
2LT Charels Talbot
ENS Guardious

Task Force 79
USS Midway
Commanding Officer Captain Van Wormer
LTJG Vital
ENS Kelton Matthews
ENS Deven Scott

USS Trial
Commanding Officer - LT Commander Steven Lang
Lt Sorvak

Task Force 70
USS Booty Bay
Commanding Officer Captain Solrac Yatug

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 11/11/09 17:35; edited 14 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: Project Endgame - LMS Deployment Study.

R E P O R T
Tasson’s Bell – Project Endgame
RE : Tasson Embry has always been fascinated with " Consciousness"

Transcripts from recent interview with Tasson Embry.

"Human Consciousness is a subjective experience, it is the executive control system of the mind. Consciousness is an umbrella term used by most that may refer to a variety of mental phenomena. Although we humans realize what everyday Human experiences are . . . Consciousness refuses to be defined."

"Anything that we humans are aware of at a given moment forms part of our consciousness, making conscious experience at once the most familiar and most mysterious aspect of our lives"

"Now, suppose we were to release "Consciousness" from our human awareness. Most call this death, and it certainly is for that individual. But I propose that the "Consciousness" remains and continues to be experienced by other creatures and life forms, each according to its gifts."

"I have found a way to capture the "Consciousness" at the time a life form expires.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to hold on to the "Consciousness" for more than a nano second. Although lifeforms appear to accomplish this with ease, the power required to hold the "Consciousness" captive is immense."

"The device / process I created to capture the "Consciousness," I call the Bell, which you now call, and I approve of, Tasson's Bell or Embry's Echo has a nice ring to it.

So, logically I decided, I must also create a life form as well, and create it with massive universal energies. So, I combined my Bell with your LMS weapon. "

"I believe when we return to the LMS detonation site, there will be a new life form there, a life form born of all the "Consciousness" destroyed by your blackhole LMS device."

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 10/31/09 15:37; edited 2 times in total
Major General J.L.Kelley

With grim determination I addressed the men of the task force ; "Gentlemen, we are to head back into the dead zone. "

"There are three planets we need to reconoiter, we'll simply call them as the following: DZ Alpha, DZ Bravo, & DZ Charlie; Admiral Fortin has identified reasons in the orders that detail why they need to be recon'ed.".

"They are all planets once 'cleansed' by the aliens. It appears DZ Alpha has an atmosphere still conducive to life, although on long range scans none is , not too surprising of and by its'self but several prominent structures remain. Admiral Fortin has reason to believe that these might be gene banks or seed arks, so we will go and make that determination."

"DZ Bravo has a limited atmosphere but a multitude of.......for lack of a better word biospheres. It seems that the Insect aliens set up a multitude of micro climes to hold or support the life of various species that they sterilized on their home world. For what purpose we have no idea. Admiral Fortin has determined that this world should be the first investigated, as it has so much on it to investigate and come to an understanding of."

"DZ Charlie has a breathable atmosphere but only one type of life on it. All scans to date have determined it to be a form of grass, a planet encompassing field of green grass, which has coincidentally sent out some sort of biomagnetic signal wave. One would think that it would have been destroyed by the Insect aliens, did it survive somehow, or did it arise after the sterilization; we just don't know at this point."

"Gentlemen our mission right now is to head to the biosphere planet, at these coordinates 169 mark DZ warp factor 2. Once there we will split the world into sectors that each vessel will survey and explore. Naturally observe the prime directive, do your absolute best not to reveal yourselves we do not know the state of evolution within any of these biospheres. "

"Do note, that all the Biospheres range in size from roughly 25 miles accross to something on the order of 100 miles accross and at this time we have no idea why they differ in size. Right now this is the extent of what we know, I apologize that there is not more data to give you, needless to say that this is a perilous mission, take all adequete precautions while performing your surveys. Good luck and good fortune to all of you."

After addressing the other vessels of the Task Force, I spoke to the crew of the Centurion regarding the upcoming mission I kept it short and to the point.

We were heading to a world where the fleet was long on questions but real short on answers. The unexpected was to be expected. Maintain decorum in all duties and no matter how events unfold remember the motto- Carpe Diem! We could not hope to control every event as it unfolded, however we could control ourselves, and I fully expected every crew member to retain mental focus and no matter the situation remain in control of themselves and their actions. In this way we would succeed in any endeavor we undertook. I have complete faith in them, they were Marines, they were of the Centurion.

"Major Anderson get us underway to DZ Bravo."

re: USS NEVADA NCC-1742

USS NEVADA
2408 3131 S 56842.5

It has been a long time since I was able to sit comfortably in my bridge chair. You
heard the Major General.

Lt. Adams, put in a course 150 mark 15 DZ Warp Factor 2.
Solrac Yatug
Engineering - Vice Admiral

My first officer and I were debating having a last glass of scotch, when our comm officer Lt. Fenris hailed us; "Captain, Major General Kelly is making a fleet announcement in one minute.".

"Acknowledged.", I said, rising from my seat I put out the cigar in the ashtray and returned the glasses to the bar. "Well, Morgan, let's see what the General has for us, shall we?" and gesturing to the door of my ready room turn and step through to the bridge.

After listening to the General's briefing, I turn to the helmsman on duty "Set heading for 169 Mark 11 DZ, proceed at warp factor 2.".

"Aye sir, course laid in 169 Mark 11 DZ, engaging engines at warp 2."

Awarded:

Mr. wolf plot a course for the biosphere planet warp factor 2 if you please

Awarded:

LT PakBeall looked across the bridge at my command chair and said "Captain, message from Centurion."

"Alright Su, send it over here" I replied. I punched the button on my command chair and heard the voice of our new task force commander, Major General Jack Kelley.

"Centurion to all 7th Fleet units. Establish formation Fortin1, centered on Centurion. Fleet course is 150 mark 15, fleet speed is warp factor two. All ships signal when ready."

"Helm, you heard the man. 150 mark 15, warp two, I called to Mr. Petty.

"Aye Sir. Computed and laid in", he responded.

"Signal Midway standing by, Su" I instructed the communications officer. She made the call and responded that we had an engage command.

"Put her in drive Mr. Petty!" I joked to the helmsman.......

re: Pizza Night

relaxing in my quarters, planning my menu for pizza night on the bridge, I sense a sudden energy drain. It starts with a slight dimming of my cabin lights, a small hum in my ears, and a static charge in my spine.

I can feel a wave flow over me, a darkness, an emptiness. I know we have crossed the event horizon and have once again transgressed into to the Dead Zone . .

This place took a toll on me and I don't expect I will ever be the same. But, every mission is different, and I will not let this Dark Passenger interfere with my duties.

Lt. Adams, take us to Warp Factor 4, mark 120 . . . aye aye sir.

I want to get out in front of the Centurion, perform some long range scans, look for any latent Inbound Ordinance, and prepare a gravity well if necessary.
Solrac Yatug
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Captains Log 24081109 s1339.8

We are enroute to the Bioshpere planet designated DZ Bravo, part of the Lucky 7th's TF72 commanded by Deputy Fleet Admiral Angus Turner as part of the Battle Group commanded by Major General Jack L. Kelly, Marine Division. Morale is high among the crew and the Booty Bay is functionally even better than when it left it's last major refit due to modifications made by Chief Science officer Lt. Cmdr Killian Drambuie, Chief Engineer Lt. Commander Neils Grimmore and Chief of Security Lt. Pierce Brosnan.

"Captain!", Mr. Drambuie alerts me; "sensors show that The USS Nevada has departed the rest of the Battle Group at warp 4, sir."

What does the Admiral have up his sleeve? I wonder...he did tell me to keep the Booty Bay within transporter distance of the Nevada...probably catch hell for this from MG Kelly: "Helm take us to warp 4.2 and overtake the Nevada and then keep us within transporter range."

Lt. Maru turns and looks at me with a puzzled expression and begins to open his mouth..."I know, I know, just do it! Objection noted...for the record." He nods his head in agreement and brings the ship to warp 4.2.

"Mr. Drambuie, estimated time to intercept with the Nevada for safe transporter utilization?"

"12 minutes sir"

"Very good Killian, keep an eye on her and let me know if there are any course or speed changes, and keep a eye out on the Battle Group as well from time to time and let me know their progress."

"Aye sir."

I turn as an ensign approaches with Lt. Cmdr. Grimmore's report on his progress on the phased transporter array buffers and updated energy requirements, take the report, peruse it and sign off with the proffered stylus, then hand it back to the ensign to return to my Chief Engineer. This is going to be one interesting mission I think to myself as I ease into the command chair and stare into the view screen...

Awarded:

The USS Nevada and the USS Booty Bay just left the battle group what are they up to?
L.T (JG) Kingpinn Get the sick bay ready we might get real busy soon.

Awarded:

Sitting at the desk in my Ready Room, I was just thinking the trip to the DZ had been pretty uneventful when the chime of the intercom interrupted the quiet....

"Captain, Scanners are registering unusual readings", L'Krain reported. Why wasn't that a surprise, I thought. "On my way.", I replied.

I stepped from the Ready Room to the Bridge. "What are we getting Number One?"

"Sensors are detecting space/time waves, which are broadcasting Chronoton particles". said L'Krain.

"Just great. There were temporal issues on my last trip here." "We'll take a look, until General Kelley has other tasking for us." "Helm, drop to 1/4 impulse." "Close the range, but not TOO close!"

"Number One, get Mr. Matthews up here and have him start getting a handle on exactly what's going on here."

"Aye Sir. Science Officer Matthews to the Bridge". L'Krain called to the intercom.....

re: Exploration Map Assigned

All Vessels:
As we approach the point for dropping out of warp and advancing under impulse power to the Biosphere planet I wanted to aplogize for the lack of communication, we have worked through continuing communication issues on the Centurion, and thus have been a bit behind on getting mission details to the fleet.

The Biosphere World is roughly the size of Mars in the Sol system. While we believe that it once had an atmosphere and even life, the aliens sanitized this world as thouroughly as they have most life bearing worlds they came upon. However on this world they did something unique.

They have set up a biosphere of all the worlds they destroyed here on this planet. There are perhaps hundreds of these dome enclosures spread all accross the face of this world, additionally there are quite a few spread accross the surface of the planets one moon, like Earth's moon it is devoid of atmosphere and any life.

We have come here in an effort to understand and delve into the life retained amoungst these Biosphere's. We have no real clues as to why a race that systematically destroyed all life they encountered would then in turn seek to preserve specimens.

We do not know if all these life forms continued to prospere or if they died out. There are simply far more questions then answers. I do not believe that we have the time or resources to explore and quantify every dome, so choose as best as you can from the domes in your sector of responsibility. We believe that some domes may contain intelligent life, some might hold only microbial life; it is fair to guess that the more intelligent the life form the larger the dome. An intelligent species might need room for hunting and crop growing. Of course a large dome might just be for a large species, at this time I cannot guess.

The biosphere planet and it's moon will be divided into sections for each vessel to survey. Biosphere Prime has been divided into four sections as follows, for each vessel.

Section 1- The Nevada- This section starts at the Biosphere equator and proceeds north until half way to the northern pole.
Section 2- The Midway- This section starts at the Biosphere equator and proceeds south until half way to the southern pole.
Section 3- The Solace- This section starts half way to the northern pole and encompasses the north pole.
Section 4- The Booty Bay- This section starts half way to the southern pole and encompasses the south pole.

Forum Image

The Biosphere planets Moon is divided into two sections.

Section 5- The Dewey- This is the southern half of Biosphere's moon
Section 6- The Centurion- This is the northern half of Biosphere's moon.

Gentlemen good luck and good fortune on your expeditions, if you have any questions feel free to comm me. I know that this mission is asking a lot of you, your crews and your time, guard all well; Admiral Fortin is counting on all of us. Once more, my aplogies on the delay.

Gen. J.l.Kelley

Last edited by Major General J.L.Kelley on 11/04/09 20:49; edited 1 time in total

re: Biospher Prime

Lt Fiddeck, please send a message to General Kelley.

The USS Nevada has done a fly by of Biosphere Prime and all is quiet, it is safe to bring in the battle group fleet to begin survey operations. I will proceed on a high speed sweep of the area and then return.
mbrwn2003
Science - Captain

Awarded:

Mr. Smith lets get a landing party to beam down to section 3 to investigate the biospheres

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: