View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: B I O S P H E R E

I enter the transporter room, look to the chief,"Two to beam to the bio dome." I tap my combadge," Mr. Triam report to transport two and meet me on the surface when you can we have a lot of work to do." Moments later I reforme on the surface with the good doctor at my side.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Vox Triam

“Mr. Triam report to transport two and meet me on the surface when you can we have a lot fo work to do.”

The comm message startled me a bit. I nearly dropped the delicate tools being used by the engineering personnel I was helping. Apparently they wanted to be prepared for anything and wanted the internal sensors working flawlessly. As I was just walking by at the time, I was recruited to help them.

“Sorry,” I said, “I’m used to phasers, not tools.” The engineer just nodded and took the tool from me. I tapped my combadge, “Triam here, on my way.”

It didn’t take long to get to the transporter room. It was only 1 deck away.

“One to beam down, chief.”
“Aye, where to?”
“Take me to LTJG Decker’s position in the Bio Dome.

As soon as I materialized on the surface, I drew out my phaser and scouted the area. I spotted the LT and walked to him.
“LT, reporting in as ordered. Looks like your patching up well... What's the task at hand?"

Awarded:

"First officers log, stardate 2408.1209 S 1109"

"I have spoken with the ship's CMO , and he advised me that the Col. was still passing in and out of consciousness, and that they had almost finished examining him. On the upside, they reported that although Lt. Blodvaerd had sustained considerable damage to his right hand and arm, the procedure to repair the damage was progressing successfully and should be completed in the next couple of hours. After getting the warp core and impulse engines back online, asst. chief engineer Jones has taken a shuttle pod to assess the extent of damage done to the hull of the ship after the ramming of the BOP. Mr Jones has done an excellent job in getting ship repaired enough for space travel, although he isn't sure the Dewey will be able to with stand the stresses of the warp bubble created by the engines for warp travel."

"Computer, end recording."

My comm badge chirps..."Esn. Jones to Capt. Talbot..." finally..."Talbot here, report...sir the hull is severely damaged, I'm detecting multiple micro and major fractures in the surface of ablative armor, as well as decks 3 and 4 totally vented to space. I can't even detect the emergency bulkheads...in fact sir...the generators are destroyed. There is no way we will be able to generate a warp field, much less sustain one." "Can the breeches be sealed at all Mr. Jones?" I think I can rig temporary bulk heads but i can't guarantee how long they will hold sir." Very well Mr Jone, Do what you can, and as quickly as possible, we just received new orders, and we won't be staying here much longer....Aye sir."

Seeing that everything here on the bridge is under control, I decide to head to sickbay to check on the Col. and Lt. Blodvaerd. Standing up I look towards Esn. Herrick, "Mr. Herrick continue with the repairs to the ship, I'll be in sickbay...you have the bridge....aye aye sir.

Upon arriving to sickbay, I head to Blodvaerd first. He is out due to the stasis field as the EMH continues to repair his hand and arm. The work looks almost complete. I turn to head over to check on the Col., and I see Dr. Akemi Akari and Ens. Gorbani studying a medical display next to the Biobed Steile is laying on. Akari sees me and motions over to his spartan office. "How is he Dr.?" "The Col. has sustained a subdural hematoma, as well as a broken right leg and a few fractured ribs. I'm not worried about his leg or ribs as much as I am about the subdural hematoma. The scans indicate that the swelling on the brain is pretty big, but I've administered diuretics and corticosteroids. to reduce the swelling, as well as phenytoin to prevent seizures." I look back at the Col., " Is he going to come out of this alright Dr.?" "It's to early to tell Charels, all we can do is wait and see if the meds. do their job." "Okay, keep me posted. And Dr., as soon as Blodvaerd is cleared, I need him back on the bridge to help with the repairs to the tactical station....Aye sir."

Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

The Ens. materialized with phaser ready then approached me,"Looks like your patching up well... What's the task at hand?" I reply to the Ens. Triam,"I am doing better thanks, the task I need you to do is go into the the bio dome, observe and take samples of the envroment."

"If I did not know better Mr. Triam it looks like this bio dome is in its Metamorphosis infancy stage, take a team with you learn what you can I feel that we wont be down here long." "Oh also Ens. make sure your team has at least one phaser rifle with the sonic attachment and you will be monitored from this bio dome so if any thing happens we can pull you out .... any questions?"

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

"Status report on the Dewey Gordon."
"Heavy damage to the outer hull and plating. Power systems seem to be hanging in there. There's a massive breach on decks 3 and 4 of the ship. Its so big that it looks like they couldn't go to warp if they got the engines online."
"Well we can remedy that I think. The repair drones are finished with the Nevada, I'll have them patch that section. Open a channel Gordon."
"Aye ..... Channel open."
"Dewey, this is Mercer aboard the warbird." The image of Ens. Herrick appears on the viewscreen.
"Dewey here. This is Ens. Herrick."
"Where's Cpt. Talbot??" I asked the young Ensign, who looked rather shaken. I'm sure I would look almost the same way if the roles were reversed.
"He's down in medical with the Col. and Lt. Blodvaerd."
"Ok Ens. Give my regards to Cpt. Talbot. Also we see the hull damage on decks 3 and 4. The repair drones have finished with the Nevada hull repairs, and we will send them to fix the breach. It will only be cosmetic, but at least it will allow your ship to withstand warp travel until you can effect more exstensive repairs."
"Understood sir, I will relay the message."
"Roger, Mercer out." The channel closed as I wondered what to do now. Our Biosphere was no more. All of the knowledge of the lost civilization it had been .... protecting .... was now in my head and in Neilel, along with the knowledge of this ship, though, there are some gray areas about the ship still. The Fleet was finishing ops down on the planet, and effecting repairs in space. I hope we dont get anymore surprises....

After spending two days clearing out his stateroom, ENS Brett "Bat" Christopher leans against the counter and winks at the hot Cadet behind the Transfer's counter. Yes, I know the rules against fraternization, but I'm off to the far reaches of the galaxy, what can one little kiss hurt? After receiving no answer, and not even a smile from the attractive blonde Midshipmen, Bat decides to sign his name to the list and go wait in the bar.

The USS Trial is out on a mission, but will be in transporter range sometime in the next 24 hours, so I might as well wait it out with a little female company and a bottle of Altairian brandy. Resigning himself to a small booth with a window facing the space dock, Bat settles in and pours himself the first of many. Peering out across the dock, he sees one of the Science Fleets hottest new Discovery class ships, the USS AKULA. Talking outloud to no one in particular, ENS Christopher announces "A beauty like that sitting in space dock and I'm having my atoms scattered across the galaxy so I can run some experiments on a rust bucket that's been in service for years." Clearly graduating first in my class set me apart!

Slamming a shot of that evil blue brandy and recorking the bottle for later, Bat pulls out his journal and begins to read over his latest briefing on his new ship assignment

Solrac Yatug
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Captain's Log 24081209 s 1378.1

Cmdr. Grimmore has his hands full as he affects repairs to the damage sustained from our attempts to draw fire from wounded members of the 7th Fleet under fire from Klingons and our most recent attempt to halt the Dewey from becoming a permanent fixture on the front of one of the BoP. Our Main forward sensor array , Science and Egineering stations are out, we are basically blind in space...Large numbers of other fleet vessels' crew members are on board under the watchful eyes of our medical personnel along with 22 captured Klingons most under medical supervision. The relayed scans from the Romulan warbird have shown massive damage to the Dewey, we will have to make preperations to take on more injured and assign even more of our engineering teams to affect repairs, they are spread thin as it is...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lt. Karen Fenris breaks in on my report: "Captain, General Kelly has given a fleet-wide order to break off operations here and given redeployment coordinates to a new objective per DFA Turner's orders. Transmitting new coordinates now..."

I break off my log and review the new coordinates and tactical information. "Mr. Phelps..."; "Aye Captain...we've got it, new coordinates laid in, waiting your command..."

Damn this crew is good, I think to myself. "Mr. Phelps, wait until we get the Dewey squared away and the situation with the Klingon BoP resolved." "Mr. Fenris, please inform the General of our status and advise him we will be prepared to embark to the new coordinates in approximately two hours."

"Aye, Sir."

I rise from the chair behind my desk in my ready room and stretch...descisions, descisions...Romulan ale or some good old scotch...I get the 18 year old scotch decanter off the bar and pour a stiff two figered drink. Here is to the future, I think, and down the scotch. leaving the glass on the bar in my ready room I step to the door and through it to the bridge, the next adventure for the Booty Bay about to begin...

Awarded:

As I'm talking with Dr. Akari about the condition of the Col. as well as the other crew members, the Dr.'s communicator panel beeps..."Bridge to Capt. Talbot." "Excuse me Dr., Talbot here, go ahead Mr. Herrick." There is a little static in the background, making Herrick's voice a little garbled but understandable, " We just received a communique from LCDR Mercer aboard the Warbird, he's sending the Warbird's repair drones to facilitate the repairs on decks 3 and 4's hull breeches. He says that the repairs will only be cosmetic, but we should be able to establish and maintain a warp field." " Very good Mr. Herrick...have Mr. Ivari send a message to Gen. Kelley advising him of Col. Steile's condition, as well as the condition of the ship...aye sir...Talbot out." I punch up engineering on the communications panel, "Talbot to Ens. Jones...Jones here...Mr. Jones LCDR Mercer has control of the Warbird and is sending some repair drones over to help with the repairs to the hull, see to it that the drones are capable for the task, I don't want the Dewy flying apart in the middle of warp understood?...aye sir, I'll make sure that everything is ship shape...thank you Mr. Jones, Talbot out."

I stand up from leaning over the Dr.'s desk and a wave of nausea hits me and the room starts to spin. Dr. Akari grabs my arm to steady me, "Sit down in the chair here and let me look at that cut over your eye." I had completely forgotten about it, and as soon as the Dr. mentioned it I felt a stabbing pain were the cut was. I try to wave the Dr. "I'm fine Dr. and your patients need you more than I do." "Capt., as Chief Medical Officer of this ship, telling, not asking you, to sit down, if you don't I will relieve you of your command and restrict you to sick bay." "You wouldn't do that to me would you?", I ask. " You bet your bottom dollar I would" he exclaimed. I look at him and see the seriousness written all over his face, and decide not to push my luck.

Ezreq Blodvaerd

Finally...The medical equipment is removed from Lt. Blodvaerds arm. The Doctor then gives him a shot, "This is for any mild pain you might still experience and it will also give you a bit of a boost, so you won't feel so groggy."

"Thank you Doctor."

The walk back to the bridge reminds the Lt. of his excersion through the Klingon Bird of Prey, there is damaged ceiling panels and scortched computer panels. Some of the corridors are still filled with smoke, and even some are filled with debris and closed off.

In one collapsed area, there are the markings made by the medical staff indicating the condition of casualties, at least two crew members died. Blodvaerd strains a bit to recall what this mission was all about. He can't piece it together, perhaps the medication or the stress is blocking it from his memory. All he is confident in is that he played a small part in a great battle, one that might not be over yet and one that may still need his efforts....

He quickens his pace, and in short order he arrives at the bridge

"Captain, Lt. Blodvaerd reporting for duty."

The Engineers Report is in and I'm disappointed. I stand by my seat looking at my crew and I know I can not put their lives in any more danger. The damage we took from those 2 klingons was just too much for the old girl. From the Report in front of me it would take weeks to repair without a starbase.

"Helm set a course Starbase 643, Warp 7." "Sir Engineering reports max warp is 4 sir ." "Warp 4 it is then."

"Secure from Red alert."

"Coms.. notify the Midway of our Status."

Awarded:

After the Dr. tended to the cut over my eye, he cleared me and I returned to the bridge. As I exited the turbolift on the bridge, I take in the scene. Most of the debris had been cleared away and a few of the bridge stations had been repaired and were up and running. The 2 tactical stations, on the other hand, still needed a lot of work. As I head to the command chair, I look at the spot were the Col. had fallen after the ship had rammed the BOP. Most of his blood had been cleaned up but there was a tell tale stain still on the deck. I look over to Ens. Herrick, "How are the repairs coming Mr. Herrick?" Herrick looked up from his station at the helm and grabbed a padd and walked over and handed it to me, "they are coming along as scheduled sir, we should be able to get underway in a couple of hours." I look at the padd and see a list of the of repairs that had been completed. I open a comm link, "bridge to Ens. Jones...Jones here...what's the status of the work the drones are doing?" "Well sir...." there was hesitation in his voice. "Out with it Mr. Jones." "Sir, the drones are doing a decent job..." "but", I responded..."Romulan engineering is just as advanced as ours sir, but they don't know squat about Federation paint schemes, this is the ugliest color green I have ever seen." I silently chuckle to my self, "Mr. Jones, will the color hinder the Dewey in establishing a warp field?" "No sir, I don't think so,..." "Then I'm sure we can remedy that at a later time, right now all I'm concerned about is weather or not they will be done in time for us to return to Starbase 643 with the rest of the fleet, and if the patch will be strong enough to withstand the stress of the trip." Jones responded with a chuckle of his own, "Aye Aye sir."

Just as I terminated the link the turbolift doors opened, and Lt Blodvaerd stepped onto the bridge.

"Captain, Lt. Blodvaerd reporting for duty." "Good to have you back Lt., hope the arm is ok," Blodvaerd looked antsy and eager to get to work. " If you're up to it Mr. Blodvaerd, the tactical stations could use some looking into."

Ezreq Blodvaerd

"Aye, Aye, Sir."

Looking at the firing station, it is hard to see how this can be brought back on line. Lt. Blodvaerd, although not an engineer, has been trained to do basic diagnostics and repairs of his station.

First task is to see if there is power running to the station; then if that power has been shut down or not. A quick diagnostic and this is know....

"Engineering, this is Lt. Blodvaerd, I need Firing Terminal #2 on grid 3745, powered down."

Seconds later, "Engineering, to Bridge....Lt. Blodvaerd, terminal is powered down....Anything else Lt.?"

"Not at the moment Engineering, I'm running local diagnostics and repair, I'll be in touch if I need your expertise."

Next step is to removed burnt out components and to make sure that the system can be brought back online without it blowing up again.

"Captain Talbot, this may take a while, but it can be brought back online."

re: I say, Lt Levin, "where is my conference room?"

it only takes a moment for the Nevada to blaze a swooping downward corkscrew maneuver through the most populous region of our fleets formation. It is quite a light show. I shouldn't have to worry about being followed.

Our comm channels are damaged, shields at 70% and holding,
most of the bridge crew has arrived by the time we are clear of any immediate danger.

I begin to get a clearer picture of the Nevada's condition

Nice flying Mr Adams, bring us to 101 mark 3, impulse power 2,
Scorpion Defense Mode if you please. We arrive in perfect position
to protect the Solace from any more unwanted attacks.

Captain Mikey, you know what to do, begin getting the most seriously wounded from the fleet beamed to your ship and organize the routing of the less wounded according to our fleets combined Med Centers.

Captain Yatug, please set up the morgue facility aboard the Booty Bay,
I am afraid we are going to need it.

Mister Fiddeck, locate Mr Sims tracking device. Where is that SOB, this was his watch dammit.

I turn to go back to my ready room and put on some real gear when
I notice that most of the rear bulkhead of my bridge is completely missing. My head begins to separate slightly from neck, hmmm, no wonder the lights were so bright.

I say, Lt Levin, "where is my conference room?"
Lt Levin - That was the first photon hit sir.
Mister Fiddeck - Sir, Mr Sims is not aboard the Nevada.
Solrac Yatug
Engineering - Vice Admiral

As I walk onto the bridge, I can see the egineering team members have the Science and Egineering stations taken apart already, and spare parts neatly stacked on a rolling repair cart next to each of them. I relieve Lt. Cmdr. Phelps and sit in my command chair just in time to have Lt. Fenris advise me; "Captain, new orders from DFA Turner sir. He instructs us to set up the fleet's morgue on the Booty Bay sir."

I sigh as I respond; "Very good Mr. Fenris, please reply to the Admiral we will set up the morgue in shuttle bay 1. Advise him that we have 42 injured personnel from the USS Dewey aboard and link him engineering's damage and repair estimation report as well." "Aye sir."

"Captain Yatug to Dr. Neff...Ed, Admiral Turner requested we set up a morgue for the fleet aboard the Booty Bay...please get some crew members and one of your medical personnel briefed, I've assigned shuttle bay one for this task." "Yes sir, I'll get right on it."; then it was Lt. Cmdr. Grimmore's turn: "Captain Yatug to Mr. Grimmore, I have been ordered to have the Booty Bay take on the deceased members of the 7th Fleet and have designated shuttle bay 1 for this purpose. Please clear everything possible out of there...coordinate with Mr. Brosnan and utilize any of his security crew not on watch over the Klingon prisoners to that purpose and check with the good doctor to see what temperature he needs in there." "Yes sir, will do."

I turn in my command chair to my first officer; "Uno, I have the bridge for the next six hours and Mr. Drambuie will take the six after that I suggest you go get a hot meal, and get some rest, then relieve Mr. Drambuie in twelve hours." "Aye, Aye captain."

Turning back to the view screen I watch as the repairs to the Dewey and Solace continue, Midway hovering nearby, and hear the continuing repairs to my own ship behind me....better and better.

(USS Trial)

I stepped off the turbo lift and reported for duty just as Captain Lang gave orders to return to Star Base 643 for repairs.

"Since we are headed back to the star base for repairs I would like to request permission to find my quarters(It they were even still in one piece I thought to myself) and get settled in Sir... That is if you don't have a more important task for that you need me to attend to."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: