Deputy Commander Turner

re: S E E D _ A R K

ATTENTION ALL ROLE PLAY FLEET MEMBERS

Membership & Expectations Rule RPA3
Forum Image

RP Fleet News

Membership & Expectations Rule RPA3
THIS RULE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Rule RPA3. - Role Play Fleet Members must post in the Role Play Story Threads a minimum of twice weekly.

Logic and new orders coming soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admiral Fortin orders this mighty fleet directly to DZ Alpha

Attention - New Role Play Members, before posting, please read this summary, catch up on the history of the story by visiting the briefing room threads and speaking with other members.

Please also read "How Our Role Play Fleet Works."
http://www.deathmastersguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3733818&gid=84053

Forum Image

MISSION SEED ARK - Sword of Michael Episode V

In summary, the 7th fleet has returned to the previously expanding Dead Zone (DZ) to investigate DZ Beta, Mission Biosphere was rudely interrupted by a surprise attack by the Klingon Empire.

Admiral Fortin has reason to believe that these attacks are a diversion and designed to prevent us from reaching DZ Alpha. DZ Alpha may contain viable Alien Gene Banks or Seed Arks. We must secure and protect these arks before the Klingons destroy them.

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/31/09 15:57; edited 22 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: Centurion - Last Post from Biosphere

Before I could put a lot of thought into what exactly I would undertake next I received a comm from Admiral Turner, basically to wit...lets wrap up Biosphere, for the moment. We have another pressing issue to deal with on a different world. We have learned enough here at this time to know that it will take a lifetime to properly catalog these domes and detail everything here. We will come back when time permits and do a proper job. At this time retrieve all planetside personnel and proceed to the seed ark planet undertake as many refit and repair operations as possible while you travel enroute to this world.

Well that's that then 1 dome and I'm headed home. I would love to investigate all the domes just out of sheer curiosity. However orders were orders and I had to turn dispassionate and leave this place, whatever my feelings might be towards it. I made a promise to myself to return some day, in whatever capacity.

It was time to issue some orders.......

As directed by Admiral Turner:
To all vessels and personnel we must break off all operations currently underway on Biosphere and it's moon. Retreive all personnel from the domes on Biosphere or it's moon. Proceed to the coordinates attached. Attend to your wounded and your vessels as best as you can while enroute.

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/22/09 19:40; edited 11 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: USS Nevada - last post from Biosphere

It only takes a moment for the Nevada to blaze a swooping downward corkscrew maneuver through the most populous region of our fleets formation. It is quite a light show. I shouldn't have to worry about being followed.

Our comm channels are damaged, shields at 70% and holding,
most of the bridge crew has arrived by the time we are clear of any immediate danger.

I begin to get a clearer picture of the Nevada's condition

Nice flying Mr Adams, bring us to 101 mark 3, impulse power 2,
Scorpion Defense Mode if you please. We arrive in perfect position
to protect the Solace from any more unwanted attacks.

Captain Mikey, you know what to do, begin getting the most seriously wounded from the fleet beamed to your ship and organize the routing of the less wounded according to our fleets combined Med Centers.

Captain Yatug, please set up the morgue facility aboard the Booty Bay,
I am afraid we are going to need it.

Mister Fiddeck, locate Mr Sims tracking device. Where is that SOB, this was his watch dammit.

I turn to go back to my ready room and put on some real gear when
I notice that most of the rear bulkhead of my bridge is completely missing. My head begins to separate slightly from neck, hmmm, no wonder the lights were so bright.

I say, Lt Levin, "where is my conference room?"
Lt Levin - That was the first photon hit sir.
Mister Fiddeck - Sir, Mr Sims is not aboard the Nevada.

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/22/09 22:23; edited 4 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: USS BOOTEY BAY - last post from Biosphere

by Solrac Yatug on 21 Dec 2009 06:42 pm

Forum Image

As I walk onto the bridge, I can see the egineering team members have the Science and Egineering stations taken apart already, and spare parts neatly stacked on a rolling repair cart next to each of them. I relieve Lt. Cmdr. Phelps and sit in my command chair just in time to have Lt. Fenris advise me; "Captain, new orders from DFA Turner sir. He instructs us to set up the fleet's morgue on the Booty Bay sir."

I sigh as I respond; "Very good Mr. Fenris, please reply to the Admiral we will set up the morgue in shuttle bay 1. Advise him that we have 42 injured personnel from the USS Dewey aboard and link him engineering's damage and repair estimation report as well." "Aye sir."

"Captain Yatug to Dr. Neff...Ed, Admiral Turner requested we set up a morgue for the fleet aboard the Booty Bay...please get some crew members and one of your medical personnel briefed, I've assigned shuttle bay one for this task." "Yes sir, I'll get right on it."; then it was Lt. Cmdr. Grimmore's turn: "Captain Yatug to Mr. Grimmore, I have been ordered to have the Booty Bay take on the deceased members of the 7th Fleet and have designated shuttle bay 1 for this purpose. Please clear everything possible out of there...coordinate with Mr. Brosnan and utilize any of his security crew not on watch over the Klingon prisoners to that purpose and check with the good doctor to see what temperature he needs in there." "Yes sir, will do."

I turn in my command chair to my first officer; "Uno, I have the bridge for the next six hours and Mr. Drambuie will take the six after that I suggest you go get a hot meal, and get some rest, then relieve Mr. Drambuie in twelve hours." "Aye, Aye captain."

Turning back to the view screen I watch as the repairs to the Dewey and Solace continue, Midway hovering nearby, and hear the continuing repairs to my own ship behind me....better and better.

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/21/09 19:16; edited 2 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: Promotions, New Ships, and Assignments

Promotions, New Ships, and Assignments
Task Force 72

Anton Mercer has been promoted to Captain and awaits the arrival of his new vessel the USS Valkyrie to arrive from Star base 643. >>>> Salvage operations will begin on the Romulan Vessel and all technology transfered to the USS Valkyrie.

Ensign Roberts will join Captain Mercer on the USS Valkyrie and provide assistance as directed.

Siberian Snow has been promoted to Captain and awaits the arrival of his new vessel the USS Viking to arrive from Star base 643.

Artimus Gordon has been promoted to Lt Commander and will
follow Captain Snow to the USS Viking

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/23/09 9:16; edited 1 time in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: from discussions with Tasson Embry:

from discussions with Tasson Embry:

All waves exhibit both reflection and refraction properties.

When a wave moves from one medium into another, its direction of propagation changes; this is termed refraction. In addition to the transmitted wave continuing from one medium into another, there is also a reflected wave back into the original medium.

The fractions of the wave intensity that reflect and transmit have to do both with the type of the wave and with the materials that make up the media. I have found a way to capture the "Consciousness" at the time a life form expires.

Our primary concern is the change in the path of propagation of light as it transmits and reflects. For this reason let's consider electromagnetic waves in the visible region, Collimated light, just as in a laser beam of light, was constructed using sun light and a pin-hole almost a thousand years ago.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to hold on to the "Consciousness" for more than a nano second. Although lifeforms appear to accomplish this with ease, the power required to hold the "Consciousness" captive is immense."
Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Re: from discussions with Tasson Embry:

Blodvaerd wrote:
"Captain Talbot, this may take a while, but it can be brought back online."

"Very well Lt., pull whatever resources and personnel you need to get the job done, we have just received new orders to proceed to DZ Alpha, and I'd prefer we arrive there armed and ready, as I'm sure you would too."

The comm panel on the command chair signaled, "Engineering to Capt. Talbot...Talbot here...the drones have completed the repairs to the hull...it's not the prettiest job but it will do." "Very good Mr. Jones, How soon can we get underway...the engines are at your disposal sir, I just don't recommend pushing them too hard just yet sir...understood Mr. Jones, Talbot out." "Mr. Herrick, as soon as preparations are complete, lay in a course for DZ Alpha." "Aye aye sir."

Virgil38

Lt. Alexander stepped into Captain Mikey’s ready room. The Captain was already elbow deep in reports, supply updates, manning docs, potential casualty influx, and everything else a Captain needs to review before war.

Lt. Alexander handed over another PADD with additional status updates. He cocked his head slightly as he was trying to place the tune playing, “Is this classical Pink Floyd, Sir?”

Mikey did not even look up from his desk, “Dark Side of the Moon to be exact. Funny title, as there is no dark side of the moon, it’s all dark.”

Alexander nodded. Classical Earth music was a favorite of the Captain, especially on the eve of battle, “The ship is at 100%, Sir. Cargo bays fully converted, EMHs are online, crew ready and ready for receiving. We could hold the better part of half the fleet if needed.”

“Yes we could. Let us hope it doesn’t come to that.”

Alexander smiled grimly, “As always, Sir. Your customary ‘pep talk’ has been scheduled at 1900, though morale is high and I don’t suspect it will take much to get everyone into the fighting spirit. Any specific orders before then?”

Mikey looked up from his desk and eyed Alexander thoughtfully, “Do you still have that bottle of Jack Daniels from your promotion party stashed away?”

“Yes I think I might.”

“Good. When this is over we have some drinking to do.”

“Orders are orders,” Alexander smiled, nodded, and stepped out of the ready room.

Akulax

re: Chief Science & Exploration Log, Stardate 2408.1222

ENS Christopher looks up from his log and shakes his head. The past few weeks since graduation have flown by. Sitting in his new stateroom on the U.S.S. Trial, he ponders what the future holds for him.

Looking back at his log, he rereads the upcoming mission. "Admiral Fortin has reason to believe that DZ Alpha may contain viable Alien Gene Banks or Seed Arks. We must secure and protect these arks before the Klingons destroy them."

Other than Post Space Dock checks, all instruments and sensors seem to be fully functional. Who'd have thought a small farm boy from Kansas would be sitting on the deck of a Starfleet Science Vessel, ENS Christopher thinks to himself. Now to just serve this crew to the best of my ability, he mutters with little doubt in his head. Tightening down the strap on his leg holster, he stands and places his new Type 2 Hand Phaser in its place. Science officer with a gun, now that's something to be worried about ...

Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

At the Kitty hawk command post com chatter seems to be tense," Ens. Roland what are the bio signs of Ens. Triam's team?","They were active and strong, however there at rest now, no increased hart rates." " Get Ens. Triam on the com lets find out whats going on out there.", " Aye sir"Roland responded.""This is Ens. Roland of Kittyhawk command the Bio sigs of your team are showing they are unconscious, are you ok?" Then Ens Triam's reply,"This is Triam to LT Scott... better get us out of here..." Then silence. "You heard the man lets pull them out now, Chief Tilly get a lock on Ens. Triam's team pull them out now." Chief Tilly replays Aye sir already on it but something is damping the transporter signal its down to 70% sir." Understood chief try to boost from the transporter, I'll see what we can do from our end." "Ens. Roland try boosting the signal to Ens. Triam's team." Ens. Roland, "Sir I got the team's signal boosted to about 97%." "Good work Ens. Roland, Chief do you have them, Aye sir I do, energizing now." I tap my comm badge medical team to the transporter room."

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Ezreq Blodvaerd

So far Lt. Blodvaerd has replaced the primary power source relays in the firing terminal. Diagnostic shows that electronically the systems have been fully repaired.

....Rebooting.....download main computer links........diagnostic scan......................................system ready for testing....simulated fire sequence, tubes 1.....3......2.......4......check...simulated.....4......3....1......2.....check.....1.....2....3.....4.....check......4......3....2.....1....test complete.

"Sir, weapon systems are online."

A call comes into Lt. BlodvLt. this is Dr. Dr. Akemi Akari"

"Yes sir."

"Our medical records are showing you have been on duty for nearly 36 hours, and since I have your medical clearance to return to full duty....unsigned in front of me....you are relieved unless there is an emergency."

"Sir, I slept in the sick bay."

"Lt., sleep while sedated is not sleep.....Star Fleet regulations require all crew being released from sick bay to have no less than 6 hours sleep, unless the ship is in combat."

Lt. Blodvaerd, looks to Captain Talbot for his next directive.

Awarded:

I look over to the Lt. as I overhear the conversation he is having with Dr. Akari, the Lt. looks over to me, and I noticed the pleading look that flashes across his face, and just as quickly it disappears. With a knowing nod to the Lt. I cut in on the conversation, "Excuse me Dr., but the Lt. was working under orders from me." " I understand Capt., but regulations are regulations...yes they are, but Mr. Blodvaerd has just finished with his repairs on the tactical station, and was just heading to his quarters. Will it satisfy you if he stays in his quarters for a minimum of 8 hours...yes...very well, Lt. you are here by ordered to return to your quarters and get no less than 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, understood?" "Aye aye sir." Blodvaerd terminates the link, as he turns to head the turbolift I stop him, "Outstanding job on the tactical station Mr.Blodvaerd, please keep up the good work."

Captain-Snow

Snow woke in the sick bay of the Nevada. The pain was omnipresant.

"Ok Lt., lets get you over to the fleets central medical center. They will have a knew knee waiting for you." The doc approached Snow with a hypo spray. Snow reached out and gripped the doctors wrist.

"Keep that thing away from me. I'm not going anywhere. Fix me up here doc, Im not leaving the Nevada. When I can stand I will stand here. This is my post and I plan to be at it in less than 24 hours. So you better get stitching" The doctor had no reply. He walked off out of ear shot and tapped his comm. Snow didnt bother straining to listen. What would happen would happen.

Moments later the doc came back. "Ok Lt, lets get to work."
Ezreq Blodvaerd

8 hours of down time, that is a long time....too long....have a quick meal, I suppose, and catch up on mail.

Quote:
* [Star Fleet Command Leadership Academy]

ATTN: 2LT Blodvaerd,

This memorandum is an acknowledgement that your scores in the Leadership Academy are sufficient for you to be commissioned for your own command.

This is of course pending, approval of your current commander and his or her recommendation. You are also required to complete a time in service at the rank of 1LT, unless this time is waved by your current commander and approved by Star Fleet Command.

Upon completeion of all required steps, a Miranda class (refit) star ship will be made ready for your command. We have on file your request for the ship to be designated: USS Bonhomme Richard NCC 1779. This designation has been reserved for use within the 7th Fleet.

Semper Fi,

General "Bull" Strickland
Marine Division Commander
Star Fleet Command / UFP

Wow, that is great news...Glad I have those tests behind me. Now, to get some sleep and return to my post.

"Computer.....ready sleeping quarters, wake up alert in 5 hours."

I watched the Nevada spiral through the 7th fleet formation, quite the show, so....Admiral Turner is already outbound for DZ Alpha, I felt the Centurion was ready to be underway but I needed to set in motion a few directives. First would be to have Col. Steile brought over to the Centurion to help administrate the new initiatives.
Charels Talbot would captain the Dewey and if he chooses to rename the vessel he of course may do so at his discretion.
Col Steile and myself would begin to set up some logistics and training bases for the 7th fleet Marine Division and Special Operations Command.
Col Steile - please endeavor to plan a 7th fleet MD training and logistics base. The planet chosen must have a wide range of climate and terrain and be uninhabited by higher life forms. We should locate the base outside of the more heavily settled areas of the quadrent but within the periphery of settled space. However it must certainly be out of easy striking range of any of our current enemies. The base will facilitate and augment further training for all marine recruits sent our way by Starfleet or joining us directly. It is my goal that this will create a unified level of skill and readiness among all 7th MD marines.

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: