View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Akulax

re: S E E D _ A R K

ENS Christopher pops to attention ... "Sir, if I'm reading my sensors correctly, there is a cloaked ship that has been shadowing our movements since we came out of warp. I've only seen this subspace anomoly in older Klingon cloaking systems that we studied back in the Academy."

I've raised shields as a precaution, but I would bet my life we aren't the only ones here. I just don't know WHO is out there and what their intentions are .... Sir!

Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Hmm " you dropped this." I hand the LT his extra pip for his neck.

"Conitune on are current course. Do not warm up the weapons. lets pretend we don't see him"

"Send a code message to the fleet of our stats"

Thank you Sir, as Mr. Christopher pins on his promotion. "Helm, close the distance to DZ Alpha, maximum impulse." Comms, code a message to the fleet to let them know to be ready when they arrive. We have at least one cloaked ship out here, there may be more"

LT Christopher looks over and smiles at the young Science Officer "Ensign, that is your station now, you have big shoes to fill ... keep me posted on that anomaly and let me know if you pick up any additions subspace distortions."

"Alright Men ... and lady," LT Christopher quips ... "lets keep this tight and keep your finger on those phasers in case we need them. Lets just see when our little friend is going to reveal himself."

Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

"Bridge to Capt. Talbot...Talbot here...Sir incomming message from 7th Fleet Command....Patch it through here Mr. Ivari...Aye sir."

I tap the desktop monitor in the ready room...

Commodore Van Wormer wrote:

Commander Seventh Fleet and Commandant Seventh Marine Division, take very great pleasure in announcing the promotion of -

MAJOR Charles Talbot

CAPTAIN Bluddworth

by direction,
D. L. Van Wormer
7th Fleet Chief of Staff

Smiling I walk to the replicator, "Computer, officer ranks...Please specify... one O-4, and one O-3." The replicator hums and the ranks appear. I walk back to the desk and tap the comm panel, "Lt. Blodvaerd, please report to my ready room."

Captain-Snow

"Captain, we just received a coded message. There appears to be a cloaked vessel tailing the fleet. Probably Klingon. We are advised to be aware but to take no action to reveal our knowledge of them."

"Thank you Ensign Tai. Lt Degado, have our sensors detected any anomolies?"

"No Captain. Should I run a more aggressive scan?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Not yet Lt. We are playing dumb here. Ensign Drake, keep the course. If there is even the slightest assault on the Nevada we let the cannons roar. Until then we play drone."

"This is Lt Goodyear to Captain Snow. Sir, I have just completed the upgrades on those phasers you asked for. They will blast a shield to pieces now. Unfortunately they will do next to nothing against the structure of a ship. Hell, my lazer torch would cut through a hull faster."

"Thats why we have PT's Lt, and loads of them. Good work though, record time. Lt Turok, I trust you have programed the appropriate firing sequences with the phaser modifications in mind?"

"I have sir. As we discussed. Phonton torpedos will follow the modified phaser trail automatically upon acknowledgement of shield failure."

Cmdr Shivan shared a knowing smile with Snow. This crew was ready.
Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

After giving Blodvaerd his captain bars, we head back to the bridge. " Mr. Herrick...whats our ETA to Starbase 643... at present speed sir, we will arrive in approximately one hour...Capt. Blodvaerd, once we arrive at the starbase, please facilitate crew postings and fill the openings. Also ensure Lt. Jones gets what ever resources he needs to completely repair the Dewey, If he runs into any issues have the dock master contact me...I'm for my rack...
You have the bridge number one."

Major General J.L.Kelley

Mr Fennris of the Booty Bay, This is Major Anderson Centurion Bridge OIC be advised that we are prepared to send a platoon of Marines under Sgt Reyes to your vessel, this will allow for two Marines to a prisoner. We are not in the mood for pleasantries for captured personnel please have the prisoners in leg and wrist irons, we'll take care of the rest. If there are more than 3 prisoners please advise as we will need to send more Marines. Also please know we are to be underway in an hour we will need to make this happen quickly. We have facilities ready for the detention of the enemy prisoners. Sorry for the delay.
Also Col. Steile is to undergo some minor surjury to remove some micro fragments of shrapnel from his left shoulder, left calf and left ocular orbit. We anticipate an uneventfull surgury and rapid recovery, and will have the Col. in battle fatigues in a day or so.
Great job to the attending med staff.

Major Anderson OIC Bridge of the Centurion.

Charles Talbot wrote:
Capt. Blodvaerd, once we arrive at the starbase, please facilitate crew postings and fill the openings. Also ensure Lt. Jones gets what ever resources he needs to completely repair the Dewey.....You have the bridge number one."

"Aye, Aye Sir....Have a good rest, Sir"

Sitting in the Commander's chair is something I have only done in simulations. Sitting in the chair for real is a whole different experience. Questions still fill my mind, "Am I ready for this yet?", then I remember this is what I've been training for and dreaming about for almost 15 years, from the time I was a yound kid.

"Lt. Jones, this is Captain Blodvaerd, how are the repairs on the warp drives going?"....

Jones replies..."Aye Sir, they are coming along well considering."

"Our ETA to Star Base 643 is one hour, any request we need to project before our arrival?"

Jones..."Aye Sir, we will need two new fushion modulators and a new calibration unit."

"Communications....Send Starbase 643 a list of required parts, as described by Lt. Jones."

I turn my attention to the duty rosters and personnel files of the USS Dewey, the 7th Fleet and Starbase 643. Hmm...50 Officers in the "Lucky 7th" with combat experience, plus another 15 cadets within our fleet's internal cadre of young officers in training.
No shortage of Ensigns, but young Marine Lieutenants are still in short supply...."The few and the proud as always."

The USS Dewey comes out of warp, a bit smoother than when it went into warp, seems promising.

Helmsmen, "Sir, Starbase 643, ETA 15 minutes at 3/4 impulse."

"Lt, open a channel"....."Starbase 643, this is Captain Blodvaerd, XO, of the USS Dewey NCC 1045.....Request permission to approach."

Starbase 643...."USS Dewey, you are cleared for approach...docking at terminal 12.....over."

With a nod, the helmsman acknowledges the new coordinates.

"Starbase 643...We have received coordinates, WILCO, USS Dewey...out."

I scan our station visit check list, all seems in order. Duty and Shore Leave schedules have been logged.

Awarded:

I was awakened from a pleasant dream by the sound of the door opening, stuff being dropped on the floor, and the sound of the sonic shower starting.
"Just when I was getting to the good part, too." I think to myself as I throw off the blanket and head toward the bathroom.
"You know... you could have been a bit quiter."
She turned arond with a start, dirt and grime covering her face, but she still looked as beatiful as ever.
"You scared me!" She said, as she flung a sponge at me. I cleanly flicked the sponge, mid-air, back to her. In one motion, she caught it, and continued to wash.
"Status on the refit. Commander?" Her eyes widened as she realized why I said that.
"I'm in Starfleet now!?" She couldnt keep the excitment out of her voice.
"Yup. I recieved the message from the Admiral a few hrs ago. I even have your uni and pips." She nearly busted out of the shower to hug me. Instead, she dragged me over the divider, and nearly choked me.
She giggled. "Sorry."
"Well, now that I can breathe again... You haven't answered my question. Status on the refit?"
"Yes sir!" She saluted, flinging the sponge at me again, which, once again, I sent back to her. She giggled again. "We've finished the installation of all major components and have tested for 3 hrs and everything seems fine no "loose screws" as the term is." Having determined her report was suffcient, and that she was very clean, she opened the shower door and pinned me against the wall with the force. "OOPS! I keep forgeting, I need to watch it now. I nearly crushed the dock operator's hand just giving him a hand shake."
"I'm just glad I have the same power. That woulda killed a normal human, and you'll have plenty of time to practice control while we head to DZ Alpha. 2 days at warp 7, 2 hrs of which low, in-system warp. We may even have a chance to spar in the holodeck." I crack a smile.
She cracked one back. "Oh? I get to beat up the captain eh?" She leaned in for a kiss just as the comm beeped.
I let out a sigh, and she gave me a pouty look. I walk over to the table with our comm badges on it and hit mine. "Mercer here. What is it?"
"Finnigan here. Sorry to bother you captain, but we have recieved a message from drydock saying tests are complete and we are cleared to head out."
"Excellent. Have Helm set a course for DZ Alpha. I'll be up ina few. Mercer out."
Neilel gives me a big frown. "A few?"
"Yes a few, because we need to get dressed and go up there."
She frowns again. "Fine, Captain." She tryed to give me an icy stare, but starting giggling. I smiled and shook my head, as I quickly dressed. Both of us flew out the door and down a hallway to the nearest turbolift.....

Last edited by Anton Mercer on 12/30/09 13:12; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

On our way to the turbolift my comm beeps again. I hit the badge. "Mercer here. Go ahead."
"Captain, this is Ens. Masterson with the tact squads. Ens. Gordon has yet to arrive for duty or answer any comms."
"Hmmm. Well we area heading out. If he's on 643, at least he'll be safe until we get back, and if he can find a tug or something that can get him out there that's fine, but as of now, I am offically appointing you, Masterson, as head of tactical squads."
"Aye SIR!" was the response and the channel closed as we entered the turbolift...

Suddenly an explosion rocks the USS Trial as a Photon Torpedo explodes a few hundred meters off the bow of the ship. Only visible for a few seconds, a B'rel class Bird of Prey shimmers before re-engaging its combat cloaking device.

"Holy Crap Sir!", the Helmsman shouts, "He fired a torpedo across our bow"

"So its come to this.." LT Christopher mutters under his breath, "Who is the cat and who is the mouse in this game? Ensign", looking at the new Science officer, "I want you to find that bastard now!"

"CAPT Lang, it looks like we have a Klingon with an itchy trigger finger ... from my Academy training, the B'rel class is a scout vessel, armed with disruptor cannons mounted on the tips of the wings and a forward torpedo launcher. It is equipped with a cloaking device and is capable of both impulse and warp speed. It has a crew of 12, but is only approximately 160 meters in length. Its going to be difficult to pull it out of the background noise unless he gets careless..."

"Helm .. hold your course ... lets see where this goes"

Solrac Yatug
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Lt. Fenris recieves the communication from the Centurion and quickly checks the security and medical logs. After ascertaining the cnumber and condition of the captive Klingons aboard the Booty Bay, she replies: "Lt. Fenris to Maj. Anderson there are 22 Klingon prisoners, 3 are severely injured and unable to walk, 10 injured, but abulatory, the other 9 have been given a clean bill of health by our medical staff."

After notifying the OIC of the Centurion, she turns to the OD, Lt. Cmdr. Drambuie, and informs him of the message traffic.

"Very good Lt., let me know what their response is. We'll make the necessary arrangements under their advisement at that time." "Aye sir"

Sitting in his Officer's Quarters, two days after having put into dock at Starbase 643 there is a stir of rumors and confirmation of major changes taking place in the 7th fleet.

Restructuring, new duty assignments, and rapid advnacement in promotions, can mean several things, but one comes to mind. The "Lucky 7th" is gearing up for something big!

Quickly looking over the personnel files, Captain Blodvared sees that major Talbot had been promoted to a "Full Bird" and is now listed as Commander of the USS Discovery.

Checking my personal emails:

Quote:

Captain Blodvaerd,

You have been assigned an addtional duty assignment as:

Department Head, Opposition Force Tactics
Directive 13 Special Ops - Tactics 180

Signed,

Deputy Commander Turner
7th Fleet

"Outstanding! There does seem to be a lot of shaking up going on here, but in a positive direction....or perhaps the war has taken a turn for the worse?"

I begin to think, I don't want to leave it to chance, don't want to miss an opportunity to participate in whatever is going on. I begin writing my own emails:

Quote:

Attn: Star Fleet Command - Fleet Operations Division, Commanding.
From: Captain Ezreq Blodvaerd, XO USS Dewey, 7th Fleet MD

RE: Requistion of first command ship, refit - Miranda Class Cruiser

Dear Sir,

As per previous and recent correspondence with your office, I was instructed to place a request for my own command and ship upon completion of my time in service as a Lieutenant.

My recent promotion to Captain has effectively and satisfactorily completed that term of service. I am therefore submitting my request for a (refit) Miranda class cruiser to be readied for service at your earliest possible convenience.

I thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Respectfully,

Captain Ezreq Blodvaerd
XO, USS Dewey
7th Fleet MD

Now time for my second letter.....

Quote:

ATTN: Admiral E. Fortin, 7th Fleet, Commanding

RE: New Duty Assignment and Staff request

Dear Admiral Fortin,

Sir, as you may be well aware, I have recently received correspondence from Star Fleet Commanding concerning my test results and completion of time in service and rank requirements to receive my own command.

I am informing you that I have files the necessary, and required, requests for the USS Bonnhomme Richard NCC 1779 to be launched at Star Fleet's earliest convenience.

As for my new duty position: Department Head, Opposition Force Tactics Directive 13 Special Ops - Tactics 180.

I am requesting the services of a cadet recruit to act as my aid in assisting me in this new post. The duties of this aid would be primarily as a scheduler of events and other administrative (with a small "a") duties.

Although I have a cadet in mind, I defer to your recommendation consdiering this request is fresh on your desk.

Finally, it has been my honor to serve on the USS Dewey. I wish to continue to do so, in whatever capacity I am needed, until the launch of my own command ship has been completed.

Respectfully,

Captain Ezreq Blodvaerd
XO USS Dewey
7th Fleet MD

Hmmm.. that should cover all of my business...other than the Staff Meeting....20:00 Hours tonight!

"SIr!" it was Degado, "The Trial was just fired upon. A BoP launched a PT then cloaked immediately."

"Good, they showed their hand first. Arm all weapons, raise shields to maximum, all hands to battle stations. Come on targs..." Snow shifted his left leg. This replacement knee was a bit sore.
Bilarius Atlanteus Kaiser

Subspace wormhole Aperture opened up and in an instant, the RoMartia came streaking through, finding itself very close to the U.S.S. Trial. Sitting in the Center Chair of this Advance and never seen ship Was Commander Bilarius Atlanteus Kaiser chief engineer of the U.S.S. Solace.

Forum Image

On the Bridge of the RoMartia

“Commander!” roared Kimble

“Yes?” answered Commander Kaiser

“We have detected a cloaked Klingon Vessel B’rel class it is on an
intercept course with the U.S.S. Trial” replied Kimble

“We can detect cloaked vessels? KEWL!” I replied “can we lock on phasers and disable the ship? I bet we could use prisoners to interrogate!” I Ordered

“According to the computer, we can lock on phasers and even beam the crew of 12 to the brig right now since they don’t have their shields up while in cloak” replied Joan

“Ok this is what I want, Kimble Lock on Phasers and disable their engines, Joan, lock on to their life signs and beam them to the brig as we knock out their engines before they get a chance to raise shields” Ordered Kaiser

“Yes sir!”, they replied

“Fire!” I ordered

What must have been one of the biggest surprises to the Klingons was when suddenly their ship while cloaked as fired upon bring the tiny scout vessel to a sudden stop, and watching helplessly as they all began to dissolve in a blue light and reappearing inside a Starfleet Brig.

“Good job guys” Complimented Kaiser, “Now please open a channel and send my mission report to the Fleet and the Admiral as I Present to them a gift and newest Vessel to the 7th Fleet courtesy of the U.S.S. Solace”

(Mission report can be found at http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3521355&start=120&gid=84053 or for more info please see side story “Chronometric particles”)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: