View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezreq Blodvaerd

re: Career Path of Ezreq Blodvaerd- Background Story

Career Path of Ezreq Blodvaerd

Star Date: 2383.0331

My birth was not dissimilar to that of any other humanoid in the galaxy, only the circumstances behind it were somewhat unusual.

My mother was an Earth, women, a Human, raised from the time she was a young child, on Star base 74. Her name is Illiaris Blodvaerd (her Maiden name), she was the daughter of a Star Fleet Officer and she had lived a rebellious life for it. Her crowning achievement of rebellion, was me!

I am also the son of Captain Ezreq “Bluddwolf” Korsan. Before you jump to the conclusion that “Captain” referred to him being an officer in Star Fleet, that would be wrong. My father was a notorious Orion pirate.

Before my parents had met, my father was responsible for the capture of 54 Federation registered ships. He was, and perhaps still is, a brilliant tactician. Other Orion pirates were successful as well, but Ezreq could count 12 Star Fleet cruisers and Heavy ecsorts among his prizes. A feat few if any could claim.

Just outside of the planet Bynuas’s orbit, he engaged a Federation Science vessel. My father was commanding a captured Miranda class cruiser. Catching the Science vessel off guard, he had its communications array knocked out in the first few seconds of the short battle. Meanwhile, pirates were beamed directly to the ship’s engineering section. The assault was brief and the ship was seized with relative ease.

My grandfather was a Medical Officer on the ship, the USS Seagan, and my mother was on board as well. She told me later that she was instantly enamored by my father. He was strong willed, and confident, and even his Star Fleet captives stuttered in his presence. Not so much because they were fearful of him, she told me, but because his confidence and demeanor shook their confidence to the hinderance of them speaking or acting. They assumed there was litle else for them to do, but to submit to his demands. My mother was 19, she would remain his “captive” for about 15 months.

Star Date: 2382.0624

Star Fleet Command Communique:

USS Entrata…Captain Spokane, commanding, Star Fleet Command, this is the USS Entrata, on routine patrol within the Orion system. We have responded to a distress call, and engaged an Orion pirate ship in the process of attacking the merchant vessel, USS Hewlet. We have secured both ships and taken on prisoners. The crew of the Orion ship says that their captain was Ezreq Kosan, and that he was killed in the assault. No body of the captain was found, however more importantly we have rescued Ms. Illiaris Blodvaerd from nearly 15 months of captivity. I understand that she is the daughter of a Star Fleet officer.

Star Date: 2497.0830

I was fourteen, just getting ready for the start of a new school year. I was looking forward to this new school year, it being the first year I would be eligible for a Junior Cadets Training Course in my Star Fleet Academy Prep school. I was not entirely prepared for what I would be challenged with.

Although, I had my mother’s last name, and that name was associated with a long line of Star Fleet officers in good standing, many knew who my father was. This was particularly true with the Star Fleet instructors. My greenish-tinged skin did not hide the fact or my mixed Orion and Human blood either.

Academically, I was a strong student, they could not take that away from me. I had a strategic mind, calculating, and ruthless. I had studied well the tactics used by my father, he had written many down, which my mother had secretly hidden. But, my instructors had a hard time with my lineage.

For the next 4 years I had to constantly defend myself from their constant scrutiny. On one occasion my instructor brought up my “Pirate Lineage”, and I had corrected him and said it was my “Pedigree, that he was jealous of.” I had known that he had served on one of the ships my father had taken as a “prize”. He did not take kindly to my remark.

His letter to the Headmaster of the school recommended that I not be accepted into Star Fleet Academy as an officer cadet. I graduated from Star Fleet Prep Academy, at the top of the class for Tactics, and overall in the top 10% of my class. Even with the prodding of my grandfather, my name miraculously found its way far from entry on the waiting list.

Star Date: 2401.0630

I received a letter on this day, congratulating me on my acceptance into the Star Fleet Marine Corps. My grandfather thought I should stick it out longer and wait for Star Fleet Academy, but I knew deep down that it was not my destiny to follow in my grandfather’s footsteps. I also knew that my destiny did not lie in my father’s footsteps either, well at least not the piracy part of it.

I had Marine Boot camp, followed by OCS (Officers Candidate School), followed by Advanved Ground and Zero Gravity combat schools. I served as a 2nd LT in a Special Operations Squadron for 3 years. I had run afoul of some rules, from time-to-time, and it delayed my advancement.

Star Date: 2404.0606

Star Fleet Command / Marine Corps:

2nd Lt Blodvaerd, it is with great confidence that we accept your application for the Marine Divisional Command school. Although your prior service would have accounted for a waving of the first two years of your cadet candidacy, your records indicate you would benefit from the full four year development program.

At first I had one of those “WTF” moments, but then I realized in four more years I would be on track to command my own star ship!

The next four years of “school” were a joke to me. The physical demands were laughable compared to what I had already done in the Corps. The academics had always come easy to me. Major difference here, was that my “Pedigree” was acknowledged. Not just from my mother’s side, actually my father was far more respected for his abilities. In fact, some of his engagements were taught as lessons of what federation ships should not do when encountered with his tactics.

I completed my four years, in top 5% of class, with no blemishes on my record. I tore open my new duty assignment…

2nd Lt. Blodvaerd, you are to report to the commander of the 7th Fleet, 7th Marine Division. You are to report no latter than 2408.1122….Semper Fi.

Star Date: 2408.1122

"Reporting for duty…..Sir"..

[The continuing exploits for Ezreq Blodvaerd can be found here, with the "Lucky 7th" Marine Division.]

Very interesting Reading Captain. Very nice and well done m8
\As a cadet now my self, you lay out a tuff road to measure up too.

Respectfully, sir
your good friend

Sam Belome
1st Year Cadet
Ezreq Blodvaerd

Edit....bump....changes will be made, probable rewrite.

Awarded:

Excellent writing, sir, if I may say. I love the fact that you chose a scoundrel for your lineage - to many roleplayers across too many games make their characters the unknown bastard child of a great king or some nonsense.

I haven't written a complete background for my character yet but I fully intend to make sure some horse thieves and moonshiners are included in his lineage Happy

I look forward to reading more!

Jump to: