This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 75 (TF-75) 7th SCS
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Myles Keogh

re: Welcome to TF 75!

Attention all hands, the flight briefing for Task Force 75 is hereby convened. TF 75 has been called to duty by the 7th Fleet. TF 75 members include:

LT(JG) St. Peter
ENS Dubois
ENS Khan
ENS ARES-PREN

Our first order of business is to determine availability of TF members during the remainder of Open Beta. The more TF members can fly together, the more we will be able to assess our playing styles and our strengths as a group.

Our second order of business is to determine TF 75 members’ general availability for TF operations once the game launches. TF 75 exercises will be held at least once per week. This is subject to change, once I get a better feel for TF members’ availability.

Our third order of business is to establish the motto for TF 75.

TF 75 members need to reply to this post with:

- Your availability for TF operations during the remaining of open beta. Please indicate whether you are in open beta and what days/times you will be available.

- Three days and times of the week which comprise your most likely availability for TF operations once the game launches (please indicate your time zone as well).

- At least one idea for a motto for TF 75.

Oh, and I am reminded that it is sometimes comforting to say a small prayer before heading into battle. Therefore, the official battle prayer of TF 75 will be “Shepard’s Prayer”, originally uttered by Astronaut Alan Shepard. Learn it.

I look forward to flying with each of you, and to our building TF 75 into strong team that will serve the 7th Fleet well.

Last edited by Myles Keogh on 01/17/10 15:30; edited 1 time in total

re: Re: Welcome to TF 75!

1) I'm going to be able to be on tonight and this Wednesday. Thursday I'm leaving to go down to Texas to get married this weekend, and I won't be back till next Monday. You can imagine it would be very hard to get on before the end of Beta on the 26th.

2) I'm CST here, and I'm deciding that most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays OR Saturdays I will be able to be on. I'm having to share my time between this and three or four RP groups over in CoH, so we'll see how it all works out. Otherwise I'll be on randomly.

3) "The Fighting Fifth. Who needs luck?"

Also, a quick correction...I'm LT(JG), not ENS. Thanks.

JDubois

1&2) I can be on nearly any given night as long as it's late enough. My work schedule is different week to week, so I can't really plan too far in advance, and I'm always on call if someone calls in. That said, after work hours (10-ish EST), I can make nearly any day you set, as long as I don't have other RL obligations. If you pick a day of the week, there's a good chance I can make it. The two exceptions are Monday and Thursday, which are nights for my RP groups in CoH/CoV.

3) "TF75 is a bird on swift wings. Whether it's a dove or a hawk is up to you."
Or... "TF75: First force in, last force needed."
Myles Keogh

re: Re: Welcome to TF 75!

J. St. Peter wrote:

Also, a quick correction...I'm LT(JG), not ENS. Thanks.

Got it fixed. Thanks for the correction. And, congratulations on getting hitched!

Commander, I just wanted to report in. I appreciate being a member of TF-75. Unfortunately I have not signed into the channel yet. Lately I have been doing missions with TF-555 with my fellow co-workers. I will try to join in on TF-75 when I am not on TF-555.

To answer your questions:

During the week I have been online after dinner, roughly around 8PM EST to roughly 10 or 11PM EST. Weekends I may be on sporadically depending on the Honey-To-Do list.

Lastly, I like LT St. Peter's motto, "The Fighting Fifth. Who needs luck?"

who all is still here? I'm almost wondering if I should recommend another restructuring...or if we should at least get some of the new people to join our TF.

We need a gimmic here, something that only TF-75 does, and does better than the other task forces...hmm...

Edward Hau

replicator cleaning!? envy hehe

My last planet-side assignment was replicator cleaning... yuck.

Looks like TF-75 has been given the focus of science. I'm very excited about this!

Lets get some feedback started on science-related missions/roles/services we can provide for the 7th Fleet!

Okay - I'll go first. Here are some ideas for science-related activities that TF-75 could engage in.

1. Stellar Cartography - TF-75's mandate could be to visit every corner of the STO map to compile one massive compendium of systems, planets and starbases.

2. Science support for PvP and Special Task Forces - running a STF and need a science geek to tag along and keep your sorry ass alive? Come to TF-75!

3. TF-75 could specialize in running the exploration missions needed for exploration badges. We could complete exploration missions at each badge level, and build up large quantities of the exploration badges so we could purchase items for the rest of the Fleet.

Okay, those are my first blush ideas. What ideas do other fleet members have?

Myles Keogh wrote:
Okay - I'll go first. Here are some ideas for science-related activities that TF-75 could engage in.

1. Stellar Cartography - TF-75's mandate could be to visit every corner of the STO map to compile one massive compendium of systems, planets and starbases.

2. Science support for PvP and Special Task Forces - running a STF and need a science geek to tag along and keep your sorry ass alive? Come to TF-75!

3. TF-75 could specialize in running the exploration missions needed for exploration badges. We could complete exploration missions at each badge level, and build up large quantities of the exploration badges so we could purchase items for the rest of the Fleet.

Okay, those are my first blush ideas. What ideas do other fleet members have?

Ideas 1 and 3 kinda go hand in hand, and were what I was thinking of.

In addition, I would like to finish my report on humanoid species I started back in December; the only problem is that the game keeps adding new races. SO, we could make this 1) a collaborative effort within the task force (divide out the different races to different people) and 2) repost it on the forums, complete with pictures and racial stats.

Hand in hand with that is something I just thought of that is inspired by the main STO forums. On there, they have a few guys who attempt to recreate the different races in the Star Trek Universe that we as of yet don't have access to in the character creator beyond "Alien." They've made Jem Hadar, Cardassians, Caitans, Romulans, Naavi (yes...sadly...the Naavi). I'd like to go through their stuff and port it over (giving the proper credit, or course) as well as creating a compendium of aliens of sorts so that members of the fleet can pull it up and recreate races that we've created for those "unknown race" bridge officers we occasionally get, or even for those of us with custom race characters (like myself and Kelly, for example).

Anyway, those were my thoughts.

Myles Keogh

Great feedback, Commander!

I really like adding the indexing of races to our exploration mandate!

So, TF-75 will be the explorers...

To explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and civilizations...

I'd like to get a test "thing" set up for this index of species, before we set it out to the rest of the fleet.

SO...if you have a custom race you want to show off, here is what we'll need.

1) Name of race
    2) Readily apparent distinguishing features (for vulcans, this would be "pointed ears")
    3) We'll need either a) screenshots of the face sliders, options, and colors OR b) written out what to do to recreate the alien
    4) Perhaps a brief history of the race, to include where they come from, their history prior to first contact with the Fed/Klings, etc.
    5) Any other info (what members of the race are currently in starfleet and, more importantly, assigned to a 7th ship could work too)

I'll get my two custom races written up and post something here just as a test. I suspect this will be a very dynamic document until we get everything hammered to a way that works for everyone to recreate these aliens if they want to. If you want to submit something to me eventually, PM me. Thanks!

Myles Keogh

Excellent! I can't wait to see the first couple of races you write up!

Hello I'm new here and was accepted into your fleet. My sci is built in ground and can be medic or other. The Doctor is in. Happy
J. St. Peter

Dude, sweet! Welcome to 75!

As you can see, we're still sorta getting things situated, but feel free to have a look around here at what's going on and offer your input on things! Glad to have another Sci!!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 75 (TF-75) 7th SCS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: