This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 76 (TF-76)PVP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mal'Draven

re: Captains Log - U.S.S.Event Horizon

After nearly a week in bio quarantine, the Event Horizon is back in action. It seems our entire crew was stricken with Bolian stomach bacteria, while harmless to Bolians it was nearly fatal to most of the crew. I have had the bio scanners adjusted, and the code added to standard fleet updates. Well at least we are all a bit thinner.
Not 20 minutes out of space dock we received a priority one message from Admiral Quin at SB1. The EH was being sent to the Romulan Neutral zone on a clandestine mission, hell we even had our logs rewritten showing us still in bio lock-down, this was major hush hush. Upon arriving we received a burst transmission in a StarFleet security code. The contact needed immediate evac from hostile territory. Getting in was easy...too easy, after we beamed down Romulan forces were waiting in ambush for us, ( medals of valor and promotions to my fine bridge officers), with precise placement of many tactical photon grenades and a new energy shield I designed, we made short work of their planned assault. The enemy commander beamed away as my sniper charge reached its peak and the azure bolt of plasma passed harmlessly where his head was only a second before. The operative was taken aboard the event Horizon and T'Paor was quick to lock onto the trail of the escaping ship. When that D'deridex came about I kinew we were in a fight, out gunned and out massed by a few thousand tons I had to push our little cruiser way past all the safeties.
I gave the command for battle stations and set us nose to nose with that monster. T'Poar immediately put her skills to use weakoning their shields with a Tackion pulse, and while Thelis scrambled the attack shuttles we opened up with a withering blast from our new duel beam plasma arrays and a couple of overcharged Quantum torpedos. Diving low and and comming about hard we didnt even think of easing up, the aft type VI phaser array lit into the shields and two more heavy photons rocked the battleship. Thats when we got her reply, ( i was wondering why we were allowed to lay into it without a return), as we emerged on the other side for another run my self and the rest of the crew were sent sprawling to the deck as our ship came to an instant halt, trapped in a powerful tractor beam, the last thing we saw on the viewscreen was the incoming plasma torpedo. The enveloping plasma blasted our shields and left them weak, the follow up was worse, 4 disruptors and 3 torpedoes later was just enough to knock us out of the tractor. As well as shower us with consoles, sparks and fire. I full expected the finishing blow to take my life, but it never came. Through the haze of emergency lighting we were able to get to the battle bridge and asses the situation. It seems the shuttle strike team was able to gain access and cause major problems for the Romulans, sensors detected internal explosions throught the ship. I let myself reach out to the Event Horizon and saw we were in bad shape but still had partial main power and all weapons came online, I gave the order for a full ALPHA strike on the engineering section , and with her shields down the ship began to come apart. Seconds before she went nova the tactical team was beamed safely aboard. we had barely enough time to come about and put a shielded side to the explosion.
We lost 28 fine crewmen in that engagement and took serious damage as well, all for one man... I hope he was worth it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 76 (TF-76)PVP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: