View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

re: The Undisputed Border

Forum Image

Starfleet has called upon the 7th fleet to protect the border on the romulan frontier.

Forum Image

(This is the mission map. This is a In Game//Forum style RP. Best patrol speed in game is 2.50 warp. Take the time to immerse yourself in this RP)[/img]

Bing , Bing as the intercom chimes into my captains quarters

Commodore. a few seconds go by with no answer, Commodore!

I slowly open my eyes to the sound of the bridge try to get my attention. Commodore!

I flip the lights on and sit up on the edge of my bed. "Bridge go ahead"
as I try to wipe the sleepies from my eyes.

Sir we are recieving a prioty one message from Starfleet. "Ok just put it through in my quarters.

Priority One Message:
Stardate 2409.0326
To: FA Fortin 7th Fleet

Any available 7th fleet ships

You are to take up station on the romulan border and patrol for a new arising threat to the area. Any available ship from the 7th should move into the area no later then 2409.0330 more information to follow. Your response is required if available.

Starfleet Command

I close the terminal and head over to the sink. The water on my face seems refreshing as I know the mission ahead will be taxing.

I slip on my uniform and tap my com badge
"Captain to bridge"
Go ahead Commodore.
"Make orders to depart within the hour and notify Starfleet of our response."

Aye sir , You also have a message form Admiral Turner wondering if we're on station already.

Last edited by Lang S on 03/27/10 13:31; edited 2 times in total

re: U N D I S P U T E D _ B O R D E R

Forum Image

RE: Priority One Message: - U N D I S P U T E D _ B O R D E R -

Lt Commander Fiddeck,

Please Send The Admirals Alert to Task Force 72.

All available ships are to perform these patrols as time permits.
Please report your findings as you see fit. This is a free fire zone, but I expect a proper grooming standard, understood.
Mal'Draven

** Bridge U.S.S. Event Horizon- Cpt. Jedikia emerges from the turbo lift pulling his uniform shirt down into place, he passes by his ready room door and tosses in his morning workout clothes then rounds back up to the Con**

"Status report ..."
(Lt.Commander T'Poar takes the seat next to his and hands him the PAD)
T'Poar -" All stations report ship shap sir, coms not withstanding...((she nods in the direction of the com station which is open and a pair of shapely legs protrude from within it, small electrical pops and beeps can be heard from within as well))

Cpt. - ( moving to stand at the ailing panel) " I assume we will have communications sometime before our next refit ensign?"

Ens- " dammit I have been at this all night, tell the captain he will have to watch reruns of his favorite cartoons...".. < she slides out to face her antoginist and blanches to a very pale shade of blue, which quickly turns to a deep purple...> " sir I.... sorry sir I didn't realize it was you."

Cpt.- " as long as we have coms before the new season begins, there will be no court martial."

Ens.- << reaching over some strewn panels and taps the console, and it immediately comes to life with blinking lights and chimes from incomming messages.>> " Coms restored sir.."

Cpt.- Excellent work Lt. now go get cleaned up and report for duty in your proper uniform"

Ens.- " Aye sir." (( she pivots towards the door and stops after a few steps... turning an about face )) " Lieutenant sir?"

Cpt.- "nothing wrong with your hearing." ( he eases an slight grin onto his face)

Lt.- (( doing a happy dance much unlike any civilized Andorian...she jumps over to him and gives him a pec on the cheek and high fives the tactical officer on her way out ))

Coms.- " priority one message from Fleet HQ sir"

Cpt.- " i'll take it in my ready room"...."T'Poar you have the con"

( he drops the PAD in the big chair and heads to the captains ready room to see whats up )

My hand runs down my face as I ponder the idea that we received the message late.

"Wait,Wait give me the time we received the message from starfleet and the message from Admiral Turner" It seem like there's a 3 second difference.

"HA" as I yell out loud
Commodore are you ok
"Oh yes" I laugh on the inside as I know the admiral was busting my balls

TO: Commanding Officer, Task Force 72
RE: Alert

Orders received and acknowledged. STORMES is on station at Starbase 39 while I attend a policy seminar on Fleet Organization.

I have ordered that preparations be made for immediate deployment. Stores, ordinance, fuel and new crew members should be on board no later than 0900 tomorrow. I have already requested an 0930 departure slot from Traffic Control.

STORMES is looking forward to getting back into action after my recent incident. Thank you for your continued confidence in my command abilities. I won't let you down.

Regards,

FiGiN

(This takes place two days after the conclusion of Home front)

Kelly lay down in her bath, allowing the warm water to relax her as she tried to forget about the consequences of her actions on the home world. The ship was docked at Starbase One and she'd just gotten back from a reaming from the admiralty on the station. Her future in Starfleet was in question, the number of PADDs on her desk mounted and she was tired, so very tired. She said her head under the water so just her nose was above it and she let the warm water take her in. just as she had centred herself she heard a beep that was barely audible under the water. She opened her eyes and with an exasperated expression she rose to the surface. She reached for her combadge that sat on the decorative tile bench behind her and tapped it.

"Ma'am?" Mira's voice came over the badge "I'm getting a message from the 7th Fleet brass"

Kelly sighed under her breath "Fantastic Mira, stick it on the pile." She said in a less than enthusiastic tone

"Ma'am, it's a priority one message." Mira said apologetically.

Kelly put her hands on the sides of the bath and pushed herself out with an exasperated sigh. She walked over to a hanger with a fluffy dark pink dressing gown on it. She tossed it over her naked body and flopped down on her chair. All the sudden her door opened and the large cat strode in with a happy look on its face. Kelly looked at Mara with a warm smile

"I see chef cave you a special treat" Kelly said happily

Mara simply walked over to the massive pillow in the corner and lay down. Kelly shook her head amused for a second. She was glad Mara had decided to come with her, she always brightened her day. Kelly pushed down a button on her work notebook and a UFP symbol with a progress bar appeared on the screen. While it was running the security checks Kelly ordered a coffee from the nearby replicator. She took a sip as the progress bar completed.

"Security check complete, require Level 10 7th Fleet voice print." the Computer said in its monotone voice

She missed Dee, the childish warship avatar; though recently they had been in constant contact she wished that the Kusanagi had the facility for a Quantum AI.

"Zor'ah; Delta Lambda four seven eight." she said to the screen

"Access granted." the computer said

The screen flashed and showed the message.

Priority One Message:
Stardate 2409.0326

You are to take up station on the Romulan border and patrol for a new arising threat to the area. Any available ship from the 7th should move into the area no later than 2409.0330 more information to follow. Your response is required if available.

Kelly pondered to herself for a second. She was technically unavailable; but for all their harsh words, the Starfleet brass couldn't touch her after what she did; and any excuse to get out of the line of fire was welcomed.

Kelly reached into her pocket and grabbed her combadge.

"Mira, I’m uploading a new patrol route. You are to make best speed to Star base 31 and begin." Kelly said

"Understood, but you know the inquisition is going to take that as a middle finger, right?" Mira said concerned

Kelly pondered that for second.

"You know what, I hope they do. Get it done Mira."

Things that Skippy can't do

#77: The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them “You don’t need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for.”
J. St. Peter

Stardate 2409.0329

Priority One Message:
Stardate 2409.0326
To: 7th Fleet

You are to take up station on the Romulan border and patrol for a new arising threat to the area. Any available ship from the 7th should move into the area no later then 2409.0330. More information to follow. Your response is required if available.

Starfleet Command

"Sounds interesting...any idea what is going on, ma'am?"

Jessica turned her desk console around and tapped the button, shutting off the screen. "Well, you remember when were in the Neutral zone after the refit was finished. The place is crawling with Remans and hostile Romulans." She reached behind her head, undoing her ponytail and letting her hair fall down. She shook out her hair, continuing to talk. "They need more ships to patrol the area, set up a defensive line for a possible invasion, enforce the Neutral Zone treaty despite the fact that the Empire is all but on it's last leg? Who knows? They need ships."

Commander Obruz Dossu nodded, frowning. "We've only been out of space dock for a month..."

The woman next to him snorted in disgust. "And? We've put Rafale through her paces." Elaina Seurer shook her head, making her hair - which, Jessica noted, was bright purple today, to match the purple makeup and decorative symbol that she wore on her face - fall over her shoulders. She turned to look at Jessica. "We can handle this."

St. Peter nodded, smirking a little as Commander Obruz narrowed his eyes at Seurer's hair. "How are we on our weapons load-out, Commander?"

Obruz kept his eyes on Elaina's hair for a split second more before turning to face the blue woman. "Standard compliment of torpedoes. Tetryon cannons have been fully integrated into the weapons system..."

"I don't think we'll see another burnout, but the damn things are still draining power from the other weapons like a leech" Lt. Commander Seurer interrupted. "If we use them too much, we'll wind up having a good defense but no offense."

Jessica's first officer clamped his mouth shut, his scarred face growing redder at the chief engineer's interruption. Jessica cleared her throat to keep herself from laughing. "Understood. Dossu..." she addressed the Bajoran, "lay in a course for home port, warp 8. I'll inform fleet command that we're on our way."

Obruz stood up with an "Aye, Captain" and turned around. He let Elaina walk out before him, and then entered the bridge. As the door closed, Jessica could hear him order the helmsman to the course change. There was a low hum, and then the smallest shudder as the stars outside her ready room window began to fly past as the Rafale entered warp.
Lang S

The doors slide open and the very active bridge becomes quiet.

Commodore on the Bridge, as Kerris yells out.

I walk to my chair and sit down I know this going to be a long voyage.

"Status report, Commander Kerris"

all decks, report ready for departure. "Outstanding, Helm set a course for the netural zone, undock ship from starbase 39 and take it nice and easy till we clear,then punch it to warp 2" Aye sir

The ship seem to come to life as we fly away from starbase39 and with in minutes the warp engine come online. WAAHHOOFF

Captain we have clear the starbase and are at warp 2. "Understood, Put me on ship wide audio all decks.

"Little Ducks...There's trouble on the neutral zone border....So they called us....Were going over there and being one of most lethal killing machine in the fleet....Were capable of launch enough fire power that would put us in the history books of war...For one purpose only...to keep the federation safe....We constiute the front line and the last line of defense..I expect and demand the very best...anything less you should of join the frieght corps.....

small laughter come over the ship

"This may be a Federation ship but this is MY SHIP...all I ask is you keep up with me and if you can't, that strange feeling you'll have in the seat of your pants will be my boot in your ass.

"XO" yes sir

"Your aware of the name of this ship"
very aware sir
"It bares a proud name"
very proud sir
"It represents fine people"
very fine people sir
"And whats that name xo"
TRIAL sir
"what do we say"

Go Trial
noble justice.

Captain's log, stardate 2409.0330. The Rafale has met up with the rest of the Seventh Fleet at Starbase 39 Sierra. We're underway and en-route to the Neutral Zone to begin the patrol pattern.

"Now holding steady at warp 2.5, Commander."

Jessica looked up at the ensign sitting at the helm. She glanced back at the PADD in her hand before handing it back to the crewman at her left. "Thank you, ensign. Assume standard patrol keeping pattern."

"Aye, sir."

Jessica rolled her eyes, sighing. She got to her feet and stretched. "Ensign, keep things together here. I'll be in my ready room if you need me."

The ensign paused for a moment, then slowly turned to face her. "Sir?"

"First of all, Daniels, I'm female. Don't call me 'sir' again, please? Second, I'm leaving you in charge. If something happens out of the ordinary, get me back out here. Otherwise, I'm going to be in my ready room. Copy?"

The ensign still seemed surprised, but nodded slowly. He turned back to his console and focused on navigating the ship. Jess looked around the bridge one last time before entering the ready room.

As soon as the doors were closed behind her, Jessica unzipped her uniform top, ordered a chai tea from the replicator, turned on her music loudly, and began to read the latest crew reports.

In space, the Federation Starship Rafale slipped silently through the system on its patrol route, twin trails of red and blue following behind her nacelles. Not far behind, a faint distortion rippled through space, following the Starfleet ship.
Lang S

Commodore, we picked up a fate energy signature about 15 light years from here.

I step out of my chair and approach the console. "What do you think it to be" Not sure sir possibly a ship or something.

"understood, try to figure it out"aye sir

I sit back in my seat ponder the next move

"Helm change course, intercept the energy signature" aye ship

Sir it should be in range now

"On screen"

Sir, it appears to be a ship

Forum Image

Awarded:

T'Kala leaned over the sub atomic microscope, she study's the aggressive virus that has invaded Captain Scott's body through a wound he received during the BIO SPHERE campaign. She leans up from the lens and sigh's. Dammit everything we have tried has failed and whats worse is it's become more aggressive. As she looks at her assistant he responds “ What about freezing the wound would that not work?” T'Kala slides the data pad on the desk,”No it wont, you have to keep in mind this virus is adaptable to its environment, Captain Scott contracted it while on the BIO SPHERE Moon it had no atmosphere so we can rule that out.” “ The only thing we have that is helping is the bio genetic shield that is protecting the wound.” T'Kala says, she gets up and walks into the med bay and smiles at Devon as he zips up his jacket he looks at her and says, “Any change in my condition Doctor?” A frustrated look shoots across her face, “No...no change yet but we're trying to come up with new treatments so there are options... it's just a matter of finding the right treatment .” About this time Devon's com badge chirps to life, “Sir this is Lt. Onara your getting a priority one message from 7th Fleet HQ sir.”
“Acknowledge Lt. Send it to my ready room I'll take it there.” Devon reply's. “Aye sir Lt. Onara responds.” Devon looks at Commander T'kala, " Hey no change is better then a change for the worse right?" T'Kala looks down , " I guess." She then feels a gentel hand bring eyes back up to his.Chin up ok." Devon says. T'Kala chuckles and answers, "Hey I am the one thats saposed to give out words of encouragement." Devon looks at the quater Vulcan Doctor, " Yes but as Captian I always get that last words of eccouragement." Then he winks at her and shuffles out the door.

A few minutes later Devon steps out of the turbo lift, a female voice commandingly says “Captain on the bridge.” Stephanie stands moves besides the command chair. Devon looks at Lt, Commander Stephanie Roland and motions her to follow him. “Lt Onara you have the big chair Number one if you will follow me into my ready room.” “Of course sir.” Stephanie says as both her and Devon walk into his ready room. “Whats this concerning sir?” The Lt Commander inquires, Captain Scott motions for her to take a seat , he walks over to a wall monitor ,” Computer play priority one message... Icarus one.”

Priority One Message:
Stardate 2409.0326
Any available 7th Fleet ships
You are to take up station on the romulan border and patrol for a new arising threat to
the area. Any available ship from the 7th should move into the area no later then 2409.0330 more information to follow. Your response is required if available.
Starfleet Command

“What do you think Lt. Commander?” Devon ask , “Well sir with the region as unstable as it is, it could be a power play by one of the three factions in that sector of space sir.” Stephanie reply's
Devon looks at Stephanie, “ You could be more right then you know , I have a feeling that Commander Tilly's new 360* phaser turrets are going to be a welcome edition to the ship.”Then Both officers stand up and walk onto the bridge, Captain Scott takes his seat and Lt. Commander Roland sets next to him. Devon presses a button on his chair console bringing ship wide communications online. “All hands
this is the Captain Yellow Alert, we have received a priority one message from Starfleet our mission is to patrol the Romulan border. Keep to your stations and remember your training Scott out.” The Saratoga spins around gracefully then her warp engines spin up the warp bubble begins to form around the ship then, there is a crack and Saratoga slips into warp with the cosmos speeding by.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
RampantArc

It was one of the less reputable bars along the Romulan neutral zone. Dirty lighting peered up from the deck grating, a verity of liquids had encrusted themselves on the rusty bulk heads and the bar looked as though it hadn’t been cleaned in years. Kelly lend against the bar, nursing a drink in one hand and holding a PADD in the other. She was dressed in civilian attire; a brown leather jacket, a maroon blouse, old denim jeans and thick civilian work boots, with a rather overt holster for her phaser compression pistol. She had signed up with a local bounty board as a mercenary group. If the Remans or Romulans were planning a major offensive, there was a good chance they might hire some help. Quinn was over at a table, being enthralled by some Orions. Kelly kept one eye on him; it was all fun and games until someone’s naked, hanging upside down in a butcher’s refrigerator. Tali stood behind her with her hand on her holster, trying to keep tabs on everyone’s movements. A dark woman approached Kelly. Tali moved to intercept but Kelly grabbed her arm, holding her back. She stood next to Kelly and placed an order. Kelly looked back to her PADD and let go of an exasperated sigh.

“Is something the matter?” the dark woman asked.

Kelly examined her before she spoke; she had jet black skin that seemed to almost blend with the environment, cold, glassy blue eyes and a large bony protrusion coming from her head.

“Same shit, different day” Kelly said with an exasperated tone.

“Well drinking your problems away in a dark bar isn’t exactly healthy.” The woman replied

“I’m a Thosian, I can drink like a Vulcan.” Kelly said finishing her drink. She found it odd that this woman was being so familiar in such a place.

“I didn’t know Vulcans drank” The woman said distantly

“Are you kidding?” Kelly said amused “I’ve known Vulcans who could drink warp plasma and still go on the following day without so much as a mild head ache”

“It would seem to me that drinking warp plasma would destroy ones lower intestine.” The woman said obviously

“It’s a metaphor.” Kelly said slightly exasperated

‘Like that rod up your ass’ Kelly thought to herself with a soft laugh.

“No.” The woman said

Kelly felt a warm tingle at the back of her skull, a sensation she hadn’t felt in a while. She couldn’t quite place it.

“Hmm?” she muttered inquisitively “’No’ what?”

“Nothing.”

Kelly eyed the woman, concealing her suspicion.

“So what do you do for fun around here?” Kelly said pleasantly, putting down her PADD and turning to the woman. “Well aside from-“ She motioned to two Remans in a punch up over by the door.

“I don’t know” the woman replied

“Well, I mean is there a karaoke night or do the Klingon drinking songs just come on spontaneously?” Kelly asked, maintaining her positive demeanour

“I wouldn’t know, I’m not an entertainer.” The woman replied

“Really? You know one of the humans on my crew gave me a recording of the earth singer Billy Joel. I think I can do a pretty mean rendition, obviously in a different key.”

Kelly thought of the lyrics to the entertainer, she concentrated and pretty much broad casted them from her mind as she felt that warm tingle. It was like a finger gently probing her mind. The woman stopped thoughtfully. With this Kelly did what she was trained to do. The woman looked at her shocked. A shiny liquid came down from her nose; she put her finger to it and looked at it. She then collapsed and convulsed violently. Kelly put down her drink and stepped over her casually.

“Damn telepaths” she said under her breath

“What did you do?” Tali asked, amazed, following closely

“Nothing permanent.” Kelly replied dismissively “Where’s Quinn?”

They both looked at each other with concern and ran out of the bar. Kelly pushed aside the two reamans still going at it by the door, they went hurtling to the ground. They saw Quinn being escorted away by two Orion women.

“Alright, that’s enough. Let him go” Kelly said in a non threatening tone as they caught up.

“Or what?” one of the women hissed as they turned around

She looked to Tali with an exasperated expression. “No one ever makes it easy on themselves do they?”

The Orion woman smirked she turned to Quinn “Those women are going to hurt us, do something and we’ll bring you ecstasy.” She said

Quinn nodded drunkenly. He turned and charged at them. Kelly didn’t change stance. As Quinn approached, she side stepped out of the way in a casual manner, reached out her hand and pinched the nerve cluster on his shoulder. As he jerked backwards; Kelly used her hand to guide him down gently. The Orion raised an impressed eyebrow.

“Alright, let’s get this out of the way” Kelly said with a smile

“Ma’am?” Tali said confused

“We’re mercs now, we can’t let that stand” Kelly replied with an adventurous smirk

Tali nodded with a smirk and took up a defensive posture. She looked on in confusion as Kelly just walked forward casually with her hands in her pockets. The two Orions lunged at her. Kelly ducked and evaded their blows until finally she saw an opening. She took her hand out and punched one of the women in the stomach while kicking the other in the head with her foot. They both went flying away.

Kelly retook her casual posture and released and sighed with a smirk. She looked back to Tali who had begun to pick up Quinn. She had hit him with an antidote and a stimulant, but he was still very groggy. Kelly walked over to the pair and flung Quinn’s other arm over her shoulder. Just then they heard a loud slow clap from the shadows.

“Very nice.” Said a Romulan man coming from the shadows

“Take Quinn back to the Sheila.” Kelly said to Tali, dropping his arm off her.

“They said I could have both of them” Quinn said groggily as Tali dragged him off

“I know Quinn, I know” Tali said amused

Kelly turned to face the Romulan.

“I would say the same but you seem to be taking your cues from the stereotyped bad guy in every piece of human literature.” She said with a mocking smirk. “I take it the Orions and the telepath were yours?”

“Indeed.” The Romulan said amused “And I must say you handled them much better than anyone else.”

“So I take it that you’ve got a job for us.” Kelly said, brushing aside his complement

“Yes” the Romulan said cautiously as he started to pace “But first I need to know, you listed the Sheila as your ship, correct?”

“Yes” Kelly said folding her arms

“That’s a Delta Flyer class runabout; Starfleet doesn’t just give those away.” He said in an accusative tone

“Who says they gave it to me?” Kelly said defensively, folding her arms

“It might be in the reach of one Kel Zor’ah Har’cos”

“Oh I see where you’re going with this” Kelly said thoughtfully “Ok, so your Tal’shar I take it. What makes you think your spies would miss a thing like ‘The new leader of the Thosian people just got orders to act as a mercenary’?” Kelly said mockingly

“I suppose your right.” The Romulan said sceptically

“You really think I’d help the bitch who got us banished from our home world?” Kelly said annoyed

She wondered if any of those she led away from Thosia felt like that.

“Indeed, well that being the case...” He held out his hand

Kelly fought the instinct to grab it. Instead she paused with a confused look on her face.

“I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with this custom” Kelly said dismissively.

The Romulan smiled. “I look forward to working with you.” He said.

He bowed and walked off. “We’ll be in contact.” He said in a mysterious tone.

Kelly turned away, the Orion women were still picking themselves up slowly. As she walked past them she absentmindedly kicked one of them in the face. She ignored it and carried on back to the docking area where her runabout was parked.

“Never simple” she uttered under her breath.

((I have no idea as to what major offensive the Romulans have planned at this stage so if anyone wants to jump in with this, PM me and we’ll get the ball rolling))

Things that Skippy can't do

#77: The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them “You don’t need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for.”
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Cleo Mavendorf sat in the Captain's Chair of the USS Leyte Gulf, a PADD dangling from her right hand as she thought about her current situation for a moment. The Gulf was now on station and a good four hours into her patrol....thus far all they had encountered had been civilian freighter traffic.

She raised the PADD and reread it again as she spoke to Ch'Bargh, her Klingon First Officer, "Tell me again why command is so worked up over this area Number One..."

The deep rumble that passed for Ch'Bargh's voice replied "Command suspects the Romulans may attempt to infiltrate the border Admiral"

Cleo nodded as she set the PADD aside, "It's what I would do...so where are they Number One?"

Ch'Bargh gave a non-commital shrug "Perhaps their spies informed them we were here Admiral?"

Cleo frowned, such things COULD happen, "Alter course...bring us around and set course for the Sierra System."

Ch'Barth didn't question his Captain's sudden order, he merely acknowledged it and carried it out. He had been with Admiral Mavendorf since they were both Ensigns on the USS Cushing, an old Constitution Class. He knew she had some very peculiar thought patterns for a human...and he had long ago given up on trying to second guess her.

Cleo steepled her fingers and sat back in the chair, a slight frown on her face as she realized that at the moment...no ships were in the area she would send a force if she knew the Gulf's ordered patrol area. Cleo did not want to believe that HQ was infiltrated...but the rumors said it was. The Undine had been unmasked in many places lately...why HQ would be any different was a foolish question.

She hoped she was wrong. She prayed she was wrong.

Last edited by Cleo Mavendorf on 05/15/10 18:27; edited 1 time in total

Jessica stared out the window of her office, the boredom apparent on it as she saw her reflection in the transparent aluminum. She had long abandoned the book she had been reading; the page she had left off on was still on the PADD sitting on top of her desk.

The music was loud, but it was far from being upbeat and energizing and was now flitting across the line of just being noise. Justine wasn't answering Jessica's calls either; a talk with her best friend could certainly do wonders for her mood.

She closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose. At this rate, she'd have to go to sickbay for some aspirin for the migraine that was forming.

She could barely hear the cough behind her. Opening her eyes, she saw the reflection of her first officer in the window in front of her, and she whirled around, slamming a hand on the desk. Instantly, the music ended, and her ears rang as silence filled the small office.

Obruz Dossu lifted an eyebrow, smirking. Jessica felt her cheeks grow hot as the blood rushed to her face in her embarrassment. A quick glance down informed her that her tunic was still unzipped; she quickly zipped it up, then tugged down on the bottom. "I didn't hear you ring, Dossu."

"I think I know why." He stuck a finger in his ear, twisting a little, and Jessica rolled her eyes in response. He laughed, handing a PADD across the desk to her and then sitting down in a chair. "Our first sensor sweep of the Neutral Zone."

St. Peter took the PADD, activating the display and scrolling through the text quickly. "Dust, dust, comet, dust...wow." She dropped the PADD on the desk in front of her. "Nothing of interest HERE, sure."

"So you heard? Trial stumbled on a ship wreck."

Jessica nodded. "I just got the word. They're a few sectors away from us; we're going to stay on our patrol course. If we find them in time, then we find them but otherwise...I think we've had our share of ghost ships." She shuddered a little, remembering the adventure she had had on the Warwick in the Bassen Rift. "Anything else to report?"

Dossu shook his head. "The senior officers were thinking of setting up a poker game in the observation lounge. We'd be close enough to the bridge in case there was something..." He glanced down at the PADD as he paused, then looked back up at the captain, continuing. "...More interesting."

"Was that an invitation?"

"Well, you could stay here and keep reading..." He picked up the PADD, then frowned in confusion. "'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?'"

Jessica blushed more, grabbing the PADD. "Old literature...the kid is a wizard..."

Dossu nodded slowly, smirking. St. Peter shook her head, then pointed to the door.

"I'll think about it."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: