Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 78 (TF-78) Tactical Response Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: ATTN Beta Strike Group, Covert opps manual

Forum Image
Forum ImageForum Image

Captain's Profiles

This post is answering some of the questions of how we will profile Captains we run across. I took the time this morning to get profiles of 5 different Captains as well as sneak some breakfast time in. I list each profile under different ways they were captured, Snap shot, Covert, enemy engagement, Casual pic.

The most common profile will be the Captain's info screen or snap shot, its the one you right click on and up pops your info with your bio , if you have taken the time to write one. Lets take the Profiles in order, starting with the Snap shot.

Snap shot is where you take your pic away from your target, with out being noticed.

Forum Image

Covert shot is when your working a cover or have a partner to help maintain your cover to succeed in your objective. Its a close range operation so you need to look the part, remember no ogling the ladies. Just walk up access your mail, bank or auction house and take your pics, alternatively you can have your partner distract the target while you get the info.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Enemy engagement is a pic taken during a PVP engagement and is a rough pic to take, however its doable. You may need to take several pics of your target , so that you can get both the info panel and the ship in the best frame you can get. You can lower your graphics setting to make it easier .

Forum Image

Another thing about the Enemy engagement pic will be a listing of strengths and weaknesses, we will use a 5 star based system, we'll be using the astrik key to represent stars. Keep in mind that the classification of Role, Group support means that the player repairs hull and shields, increase the power of weapons VS the Hot shot that warps in with no power does not come to the aid of his fellow man. The format will look like this.

Tactics: ***
Ship build: ****
Play style: Aggressive/Defensive **
Role: Group support ****
Solo Player or Hot Shot *****
Weapons: Beams, cannons, turrets and torps , mines. No need for stars,just list the type of weapon you witnessed in action.

Casual snap shot is a pic taken in a safe environment or a place, the attitudes are dialed down quite a bit. The person is someone that is a contact or an informant and is at ease around you.

Forum Image

The programed used to bring all this together is MS Paint, I used the crop tool to cut out the portion of the pictures I wanted. Make sure you have a file set aside just for your Captains profile pics. I hope this helps those trying to set something like this up. For those that missed last nights brief consider this your cheat sheet. This is a work in progress so if anyone in the Beta Strike Group has ideas lets hear them, now is time to speak. As for the rest of the 7th Fleet please feel free to post ideas as well, there are things I am forgetting at this point so gentlemen its yours to play with and improve upon. Also Rear Admiral Lang (Grats by the way) if some of these jpg are too big or get to be too many we could always just fall back on the snap shot. For those asking for size limits you can find those here http://support.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10234741
If this does not help feel free to contact me I'll be more then happy to help.

Scott out.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
FiGiN

Forum Image
Forum Image

Excellent work, Captain! Your SG should do extremely well during your deployment.

Let someone know if you need some help pulling everything together, need players for wargames, etc.

//FiGiN

outstanding

Jump to: