View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

re: Lifetime Subscription Sale...

Forum Image

Just wanted to give a heads up on this announcement for those that may be interested...

To celebrate the launch of Champions Online: Free for All and the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online, we’ll be discounting the price of Lifetime Subscriptions for both games by 20%! The sale starts January 25 at 6 a.m. Pacific and ends February 4 at 10 a.m. Pacific. This means players will be able to purchase a Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All or Star Trek Online for just $239.99!

FA Fortin

Awarded:

Forum Image

Roger sir... Thanks for the info....

Awarded:

I for one am taking the plunge...

I can see STO going free-to-play in less than 12 months. They will not be able to support the current business model of having a monthly subscription and so many in-game items going into the C-Store as well.

Nearly $240.00 at this stage of the game is just too much, too late, in my opinion. Half that amount and I would jump on it! A 2o% discount on an Annual Subscription, and I would jump on it.

Awarded:

Another FYI on the F2P if it does ever happen... Posted by the Grand Nagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Palin
I am all for most of this,and am truly excited.However,I was considering buying a Lifetime sub.And then I read that even after all the promises of NO WAY...and THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.they are looking at F2P for STO.

Let me be the first to say,If this happens,I will NEVER...NEVER by a Lifetime sub.and may just stop playing all together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You obviously have no idea how the F2P system Champs is adopting works, so let me school you. In a nutshell, you have two options: a free version(called "silver") with limited content(not as many costumes, ships, and missions), and a monthly sub version(called "gold") that gives you access to everything. The latter should sound familiar, since its what you have right now.

However, in the new system if you have the monthly sub version you also get some free Cryptic points every month(something you dont get now), and you can save these up and buy whatever you want rather than having to spend real cash like you do now. If your a current subscriber or a lifer, you are automatically upgraded to "gold"(and if your a lifer, you dont have to pay the monthly sub, just like how it works now).

You lose nothing, and you get more than you already have now. Here is a breakdown of how it works:

http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

And here is the FAQ:

http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_faq

Note questions 11 and 12.

Awarded:

I will be taking advantage of this.

Whether STO goes F2P or not means nothing. There are no F2P MMO's out there that give you 100% of the content for nothing; in fact, the F2P model made popular by DDO and LotRO only allow access to roughly the first 10% or so of the game; everything after that costs money (in the form of buying adventure packs and the like).

To play those games as normal (w/o having to buy things through the store); you still have to shell out $15 a month.

I bought the lifetime sub to LotRO a few months before they went F2P, and I'm glad I did, because it came with a ton of perks, and is no longer offered.

So, in my estimation, STO going F2P or not shouldn't be a consideration at all. If you were thinking about going lifetime, take advantage of the 20% off while you can.

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
I will be taking advantage of this.

Whether STO goes F2P or not means nothing. There are no F2P MMO's out there that give you 100% of the content for nothing; in fact, the F2P model made popular by DDO and LotRO only allow access to roughly the first 10% or so of the game; everything after that costs money (in the form of buying adventure packs and the like).

To play those games as normal (w/o having to buy things through the store); you still have to shell out $15 a month.

I bought the lifetime sub to LotRO a few months before they went F2P, and I'm glad I did, because it came with a ton of perks, and is no longer offered.

So, in my estimation, STO going F2P or not shouldn't be a consideration at all. If you were thinking about going lifetime, take advantage of the 20% off while you can.

QFT...

and the borg captain is sweet if thats still a bonus for lifers

Awarded:

I bought into Lifetime Subsciption when it first came available. I didn't want the hassle of subsciption payments. I have a limited time for gaming, and right now STO is it.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Ezreq Blodvaerd

re: Re: Lifetime Subscription Sale...

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin wrote:
Forum Image

Just wanted to give a heads up on this announcement for those that may be interested...

To celebrate the launch of Champions Online: Free for All and the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online, we’ll be discounting the price of Lifetime Subscriptions for both games by 20%!

FA Fortin

After I read this again, another question hits me...."Is this the only One Year Anniversary gift we are getting?"

Awarded:

Purchase completed. Now you'll never get rid of me! Happy

Jump to: