View previous topic :: View next topic  
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Looking to the Future, SW:TOR

I know many people are looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic. http://www.swtor.com/

While we do not even have a release date as of yet, Bioware has decided to make a Guild Startup system for the game. This allows a group of people to start setting up guild pages ahead of time.

Once the game releases, the game will select a proper server to herd each guild into, depending on the makeup and settings of the guild. This way, on launch day, everyone goes to the right server.

I created a 7th Fleet branch for the Site Side, located here:

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/31229/seventh-fleet

While not something that would have to be used once any version of our fleet we might make in TOR, it allows us to all group our accounts to that guild, and be ready for launch (whenever that is) A Guildlaunch Website can still be used like the rest of the 7th Fleet Branches.

So just a heads up, this isnt anything thats dire important, but for those looking forward to TOR, it is something you can do to burn a few minutes.[/url]

Awarded:

Begun, the faction wars have. Play a sith as my main I will not.

Awarded:

Someone else can make the Republic side of it.

Awarded:

Ya, we'll sort it out as release approaches. I know some of the Oathkeepers are going to want to play it, and we usually roll on the 'good' side of the house.

I just have a hard time playing evil factions. Couldn't do it in Fable, or Black and White, or Warcraft, or any other game for that matter. It's fun as a diversion on occasion, but it generally goes against my nature.

Awarded:

Personally, i prefer the "good" mainly due to aesthetics. Buildings, ships, races all seem cooler on the good side to me, but for TOR, some of the Sith side looks really interesting. Plus, no Bounty Hunters in the Republic

Awarded:

Forum Image

Here is the Republic version,

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/32639/seventh-jedi-counsel/admin

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

I really like this one wink

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/32718/seventh-council-tyren

Tyrena is a riverside city on Corellia that lies near the Golden Beaches, a popular tourist destination. It has been said that Han Solo and Princess Leia considered this location for their honeymoon. Also, Obi-Wan Kenobi may have had a secret love affair with a Twilek named Beehatch.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/sparrow794/STO%207MD%20Namebars/Runaz-02.png

i put in my app

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Eadrick

Forum Image

I don't want to be a party pooper ... but isnt there just 1 jedi council ?

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call ourselves the Republic 7th Fleet or something?
(Though that lacks a bit of luster....)

Anyway, I am looking forward to SW:TOR because I love the SW IP and Bioware usually makes quality product.
William Anders

Definitely looking forward to this!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Ezreq Blodvaerd

I have not yet decided if SWTOR will be a part of my MMO playing, certainly not until I've been in the beta.

If I am to play, I was really leaning towards playing an Imperial Agent, which is on the Sith Empire side.

Unfortunately, none of the classes on the Republic side hold any interest for me. Smugglers don't smuggle anything.

The old Hoo Humm....Good vs. Evil MMO thing is is getting kind of tired!!

The only way I would play on Republic side is if the 7th Fleet were to decide that it were going to set up a truly thematic guild. Such as if:

The Seventh Council of Tyren was made up of nothing but Jedi. We only admit Jedi into our ranks. Eventually, we would become so well know as a "Jedi Council" that we would become the lore of the game.

Awarded:

we could try it but as we all know in mmos u really do need all the classes in the game during group runs and the like though with the wide range of avaliable jedi classes... they really do fill out everything needed... i know i will role all three classes of jedi (if u can have more then say 2 per account that is)

Anton Mercer wrote:
we could try it but as we all know in mmos u really do need all the classes in the game during group runs and the like though with the wide range of avaliable jedi classes... they really do fill out everything needed...

Actually, it has been my experience in MMOs that you either need a mixed - well balanced group...OR...a group made up of all one character class.

I learned this in AOC, where the PVE Raid Bosses are not really designed to handle a whole group of one character class. The devs program them to react and compensate for a mixed onslaught of abilites. But, when they face the same abilities over and over again, seemingly without cool downs...they can't compensate for that.

But, I would still like to try the idea out, from an RP perspective.

Awarded:

Ok, so we have 4 different Guilds made with the Pre-Guild tool now. We need to decide which we are going to use, having everyone spread out like this wont really work. I dont mind going republic if thats what everyone wants to do.

Jump to: