7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Fleet Foundry Missions: Starbase 643

Forum Image

A few thoughts on the mission since the review limits what you can post as feedback:

As I stated in the review, having approach control direct you to use the nav beacons would be good

LOVED seeing Augerson making the marine do push ups!

Suggest adding all TF Cdrs so new members can at least see who they might be looking for when they report to their TF

I don't know if it's the game or a setting but the dialog boxes didn't stay open very long when I clicked them unless they needed a response.

Space battle was a bit rough...a bit more time between waves to allow shields and crew to recover might be an idea...not an issue for the Leyte Gulf but a Lower level player might have a problem...maybe add in some dialog between fleet ship captains to take up a bit of time? Perhaps a Klingon General hailing the player ship to threaten death and mayhem if the player doesn't withdraw as well?

just a few of my thoughts on the mission, hopefully they help polish this up so we can use it in the future...I really liked what I saw so far!

Revision has been made with Cleo's input. Also some german guy said something but I don't speak German... but he gave me a 4/5!

Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

Well Done Sir! My only critcism now is aimed at the game itself and our inability to set a uniform standard on the Starbase itself!

Awarded:

Was a really good mission. I really dont have anything to say about it. but i have two things that MUST be changed

1. Forum Image
WHERE ARE THE SHOULDERS!!!

2.Forum Image

PLEASE a little taller if you would thanks Happy

Awarded:

Forum Image

In my XO's defense there is only so much you can do in the Foundry right now as far as customizing NPCs...I thought he did very well within the limits he has to work inside...considering that I can't even put together a mission at all I think he's awesome LOL

Awarded:

I'm not back in STO yet, but thanks for posting the screen shots so I can at least see what it's looking like!

Lol. I know.

Not being able to make Augerson a monster kills me. And I noticed as well that all of the custome npcs you make in foundry seem to be on the short side.

When it's in my power to fix that stuff, I will be happy to.

@Mercer,

You can keep npc ships from continuously warping in if you set their idle animation to warp-in, but then enable wandering and jack the wander duration and weight all the way up.

CDR Hunter

A new revision has been implemented.

1. The Fleet Admiral has his own Dabo table and associated hottie.
2. Savar and Talbot's postions were fixed in the final 'freeplay' map. The General can now be found Mokbara'ing on the upper level and Savar meditating on new battle tactics.
3. Added a new group of npc's milling about (testing the wander function)

Barring any serious issues I plan on releasing this for the general public on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Hopefully I will be releasing my mission "Old Past, New Future" soon just need to finish up the second map till the end and it'll ne good for testing

Awarded:

Just played through what you have up there tonight, Mr. Hunter, and you've done a great job on it so far.

The initial system is very cool, I love the way the starbase looks. The way you portrayed everyone was well done, I laughed out loud in a couple of places. It could use some polish, but it's a great mission and a great way to represent the fleet.

Mercer, I splt off your post about publishing Old Past, New Future. I wanted to keep the feedback and discussion on seperate missions, well, seperate. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, between working on my own and running Hunter's tonight, and it's late... so I'll check it out when I get a chance Happy

Awarded:

Ok yeah that makes sense like I said most likely will need a group of two or three. Hunter.s mission is exactly the thing needed to introduce most of the fleets in game characters to new members Happy

re: FLEET7 Starbase 643 Released

Forum Image

I've released V1.0 of this mission. You can find it in-game by searching for Starbase 643 or FLEET7.

Happy Hunting

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Will definitely be checking this out

I'm hoping to be able to test this out for you tonight or tomorrow night, then I can give you feedback from the perspective of someone outside/new to the 7th. I'll be sure to tally how many times I die during the battle...

I'm drooling over the prospect of checking out all this player created content, and I think it's a great idea to have stuff that is introductory and Fleet specific like this.
VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Did the mission and reviewed it, too. Liked it a lot! Thought it had lots of great info about the 7th, loved how the various personalities of the Fleet were reflected in the mission, and had fun playing it. As a Tier 2 ship Captain, had no trouble getting through the combat at the end. There were lots of enemies, but this was counterbalanced by the increasing number of Fleet reinforcements and the fact that the encounter scaled to my level. All the baddies were the same level as me. I got 3 useful pieces of gear out of the fight, even. I gave it a 5 on the review.

The were only 2 things that stood out to me to add or change if you update the mission. One is that the button that you click on to leave the Admiral's office near the beginning has the same text as your next response to the Admiral as you leave. I'd change it to "Take Turbolift back to Lobby," or something like that. The other is that if the Foundry engine allows, I'd add some anomalies to the area of space around the station. It would add a little more loot to the mission to sweeten the pot to potential recruits for taking the time to check out the mission and consider joining the Fleet.

All in all, well done sir! Looks like a lot of work went into that!
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

unfortunately you can't add anamolies as these missions dont give you points either just for kills hopefully that changes

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: