View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shardded

re: Warning Message

WARNING: if you have any grinding type missions in work for the foundry cancel the ,mission and Delete the project as Cryptic will ban you from Foundry for those Mission types.Cryptic sees this type of mission as a Exploits and others have lost access to the foundry already. More information can be seen in the latest STO podcast. http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/7521/foundry-soap-box-stoked-79/

Awarded:

I heard this as well, I'm not a proponent of exploits it is cheating IMO. Shame on the them...

I had anticipated that the UGC would be used to grind for accolades, but Cryptic is partially to blame for this. The very nature of most of the accolades are a "grind", so what were they really disappointed about?

What Cryptic should ask itself is, "Would the United Federation of Planets, or even Star Fleet, grant accolades for killing in the first place?"

What I had always hoped for, and I don't think it is even on Cryptic's radar is a reputation system.

Reputation System would incorporate the Star Fleet merits, but in a different way. Merits or Reputation would be a measure of your achievements and adherence to the values of the United Federation of Planets or Star Fleet.

You character's rank and the tier of the ship he or she could command would be based on the amount of Merits earned and maintained.

Missions would have three options or outcomes. 1. Peacful resolution 2. Military resolution 3. Mission fail

Peacful = 2x merit points
Military = 1 x merit points
Fail = - 1/25 xp merit points

Ranks in the game would have a merit standing.
Ship Tiers would also have a merit standing.

The loss of ships or the violation of the doctrine or values of the UFP / Star Fleet would reduce your total number of merits earned, including penalty vs. merits previously earned.

In essence, you could be demoted due to consistant failure or the uneccessary loss(es) of your ship and crew.

Awarded:

Ezreq Blodvaerd wrote:
I had anticipated that the UGC would be used to grind for accolades, but Cryptic is partially to blame for this. The very nature of most of the accolades are a "grind", so what were they really disappointed about?

What Cryptic should ask itself is, "Would the United Federation of Planets, or even Star Fleet, grant accolades for killing in the first place?"

What I had always hoped for, and I don't think it is even on Cryptic's radar is a reputation system.

Reputation System would incorporate the Star Fleet merits, but in a different way. Merits or Reputation would be a measure of your achievements and adherence to the values of the United Federation of Planets or Star Fleet.

You character's rank and the tier of the ship he or she could command would be based on the amount of Merits earned and maintained.

Missions would have three options or outcomes. 1. Peacful resolution 2. Military resolution 3. Mission fail

Peacful = 2x merit points
Military = 1 x merit points
Fail = - 1/25 xp merit points

Ranks in the game would have a merit standing.
Ship Tiers would also have a merit standing.

The loss of ships or the violation of the doctrine or values of the UFP / Star Fleet would reduce your total number of merits earned, including penalty vs. merits previously earned.

In essence, you could be demoted due to consistant failure or the uneccessary loss(es) of your ship and crew.

I like this idea alot maybe you could propose via an OP post in the STO Forums.

Awarded:

You misunderstand. It's not being used to grind for accolades.

sparrow794 wrote:
You misunderstand. It's not being used to grind for accolades.

From Cryptic:

Quote:
We want the Foundry to be used for users to create missions. Set a scenario, create the world anew for yourself. The tool was not created to allow players to level up easier, to have a quicker way to gather Accolades, or similar. If your mission sets this as a goal in any form, we may take action. Please do not create missions that are geared towards boosting of any kind.

Granted the primary goal might be to level faster, although in this game, I don't see why that is needed.

However, as a means of grinding accolades, that is soemthing that I had forseen and it appears Cryptic has caught onto that as well.

Jump to: