Forum Image

/PRIORITY ROUTINE
STARDATE 2410.05.26
MSGID ADMIN
TO ALL HANDS
FR HEADQUARTERS SEVENTH FLEET
SUBJ STAFF MEETING

RMKS/

1. Next command staff meeting will be June 30th 2030 EST.

2. Fleet Action: Remastered Missions: Doomsday, P'jem and Stranded in Space. June 10-11, 2030 EST

3. Fleet Action: Borg Invasion. June 23-25, 2030 EST

4. Commander Kerry is hereby officially the Fleet Librarian. He will be in charge of maintaining the Fleet Technical Library and all Library subforums.

5. Fleet Battle Efficiency Wargames: There will be some changes to the ruleset going forward:

5a. A handicap will be implimented. If one TF has an advantage in numbers, that advantage will directly translate 1:1 to a kill handicap. For example, if TF #A brings 10 captains, and TF #B brings 5 captains, than TF #B would only need to reach 10 kills before TF #A reaches 15 kills in order to be declared the winner of the round.

5b. In addition to the kill handicap, ground combat will now be available as an option. The smaller TF will choose which type of combat for rounds 1 and 3. The larger TF will choose which type of combat for round 2.

Last edited by sparrow794 on 06/24/11 19:34; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

re: Re: Command Meeting Minutes, 5-26

sparrow794 wrote:

5. Fleet Battle Efficiency Wargames: There will be some changes to the ruleset going forward:

5a. A handicap will be implimented. If one TF has an advantage in numbers, that advantage will directly translate 1:1 to a kill handicap. For example, if TF #A brings 10 captains, and TF #B brings 5 captains, than TF #B would only need to reach 10 kills before TF #A reaches 15 kills in order to be declared the winner of the round.

5b. In addition to the kill handicap, ground combat will now be available as an option. The smaller TF will choose which type of combat for rounds 1 and 3. The larger TF will choose which type of combat for round 2.

Please keep in mind that all other rules laid down by shack will still apply. This includes character switching. You will NOT be permitted to switch characters for ground and space battles. 1 character for all rounds.

re: Command Meeting Minutes, 5-26

These sound like some good changes to the TF wargames. It sounds like you guys made some decent ground towards making this the fun event that it should be.

I wish I could have been present at the meeting, but the internet connection at this hotel is kinda hit and miss. Plus, I was smoozing with the students and faculty members of the medical school at thee dean's house (always gotta play the politics Happy)

Hope all is well with all my fleetmates. I should be back online some time next week. See you all then!

Live Long and Prosper.

Awarded:

I like the changes to the Fleet Efficiency Wargames.

I also want to apologize for not making the meeting; the wife and I have been getting started on prepping for the move, so we've been sorting/purging a lot of stuff.

I'm sorry I missed the meeting as well. I unexpectedly had to remain in NYC over night.

At this time of the year (end of school year) my union representative responsibilites dramatically increase.

Awarded:

Glad that you guys from the 78th approve of the changes; this is what we really spent most of the meeting on and was concerned you all didn't have a representative there... we talked about a lot of different ideas and felt these were the best ways to deal with imbalance and still keep everyone who showed up involved.

I'm very curious now about this 'Borg Invasion' happening on the server end of June - coincidence it's going to happen right around the season 4 release and intro of a new Enterprise...?

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
Glad that you guys from the 78th approve of the changes; this is what we really spent most of the meeting on and was concerned you all didn't have a representative there... we talked about a lot of different ideas and felt these were the best ways to deal with imbalance and still keep everyone who showed up involved.

Keep in mind, if we'd fought the first wargames with this rule, the 78th would have the title for both quarters. twisted

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Borannus wrote:
sparrow794 wrote:

Keep in mind, if we'd fought the first wargames with this rule, the 78th would have the title for both quarters. twisted

Trust me, it was stressed that preparation is key; everyone has the same three months between wargames to practice, develop teamwork and tactics, and improve builds and gear.

I also appologize for not making the meeting. An SAL member (Sons of the American Legion) was at our post that had lost his Mother earlier this year and his Father passed away that day. So I ended up commiserating with him till late in the evening Thursday. His dad was a Marine and long time member of our post.

I like what I read of the proposed changes...

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

/ADDENDUM 01

1. Battle-E, 1st award, issued to all TF 78 members. If I missed anyone, please let me know. Namebar updates forthcoming.

2. Logistics widget replaced with Master Foundry widget on the homepage.

Awarded:

Could you include me sir?

Thanks,

-Jason

Awarded:

Ensign Jason wrote:
Could you include me sir?

Thanks,

-Jason

Done Happy

Awarded:

Changes sound good, looking forward to the next round.

Awarded:

I wish that I could attend some of the staff meetings but I work 3- 12 on Thursday
. I am going to be on today and some tomorrow running missions with alts. Also about the changes dealing with the matches I think its something that will go along way in showing new people were thinking ahead of the curve. This was a very good idea to implement , it gives those teams that have lesser numbers some equal footing during the fight.

See you guys next month.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

/ADDENDUM 02

The Foundry thread has been reorganized for a faster search. Each mission maker has been given a sub forum to separate their missions from everyone else's missions.

You must have at least 2 missions for a sub forum(Shack is the exception cause I thought he was going to make more).

Once we have a good compliment of mission makers and diverse missions, the sub forums will be organized into type of mission. (It can not be done now as most missions are combat heavy therefore going back to one thread.)

Each MM(mission maker)'s thread is linked in the Master Foundry thread as
well for even more ease of search.

Please use the main Foundry thread for tips, tricks, and general Foundry stuff for all to use, but please use the sub forums of MM's if you have questions comments or reviews of their missions.

Please PM me or catch me on vent if you have missions you would like me to put in to the MFT for our fleet members.

ENJOY 7TH FLEET FOUNDRY MISSIONS!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: