Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Resistance is Futile - Phase One

Forum Image

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Valley Forge
Stardate 89278.94
Rear Admiral Shackelford

I never thought I'd say this, but God Bless the Klingons.

If they hadn't followed their nature and set the quadrant ablaze, all would be lost right now. But their unwavering dedication to warfare has made us all prepared for what has finally come to pass. Because of the war, UFP industry and production is at an all time high. Recruitment is through the roof. We're fielding more vessels now, and better trained and equipped for war, than ever in our long history.

And we have needed every single one of them. Every Ensign, every gun, every ship. The Pinnacle message came through a little over 100 hours ago from Starfleet Command. Thousands of Borg ships have poured into every single sector in both UFP and KDF space.

The Borg aren't as tough as they used to be. We've come a long way closing the technology gap since we first encountered them; stealing their tech, uncovering their secrets. But they are still our greatest threat. Their raw numbers and adaptability make them more dangerous than any other species we've seen - and we've seen plenty of dangerous races out here in the depths of our little slice of the Milky Way.

I wish I could say our response to the seemingly never ending stream of Borg invaders has been decisive; but the truth is, no one knows how to describe it - no one knows much of anything. It's pure chaos out there. Ships have managed to meet at many of the rally points and counter Borg fleets in force, but just even trying to figure out who's in charge of these Strike Groups is sometimes incredibly frustrating. Vessels from so many fleets show up and just go out together; we're splintered. Time is of the essence, and we were barely organized to begin with, with the war and all. Our Strike Forces show teamwork, but not at the same level as if they were unified Fleets. They're doing the best they can, and I can only hope that is going to be good enough to save us all.

The reports have been coming in fast and heavy. Starbase One has been eerily quiet; no attacks. Deep Space Nine and Memory Alpha are holding fast. Kinkaid Station has had to enact some rather drastic defense protocols, and nearby elements of the 7th are tearing holes in space to get there as fast they can - many of them have families on board that station. The most disturbing report, though, has actually been the lack of one. I've been in close contact with the Midway ever since Pinnacle hit the airwaves - but neither of us has heard from the Ticonderoga since this whole thing started. I'm sending out word to the Fleet to start looking for her - we just can't hide the fact our Fleet Admiral has gone MIA anymore.

As for us, the Valley Forge has gone from a command and control vessel back to what got me here in the first place - 700 meters of shining metallic death. We've been pushing the limits of God and Physics, flying between sector blocks and emptying our power supplies into every beam we have cracking as many Borg hulls as possible. I couldn't give you a kill count even if I wanted to, but I can tell you how many hours I've gone without sleep. 78. We're putting in a 12 hour rest and resupply at Starbase 39, but only because we have to. I can push the machine much farther than I can push the men, and they're running the ragged edge.

//Log End

/PRIORITY ONE ALPHA ENCODED
STARDATE 2411.09.05
MSGID TICO
TO ALL 7TH FLEET VESSELS
FR USS VALLEY FORGE
SUBJ SEARCH AND RESCUE

ALL CONTACT LOST WITH USS TICONDEROGA
ALL VESSELS COMMENCE IMMEDIATE SEARCH
LAST KNOWN POSITION REGULUS
ENACT CONTAINMENT SEARCH GAMMA ONE
COORDINATES FOLLOW

Forum Image

((Participants are asked to conduct a Red Alert DSE in the Regulus Sector Block and make a combat report; include the Ticonderoga as continued missing. You may choose to include some minor clue; i.e. warp trails, garbled comm signal, but nothing specific, or definitive pointing to a location.))

Last edited by sparrow794 on 09/09/11 0:29; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

re: Kinkaid Recording, Alpha - 2

Forum Image

-->Ops Recording, Kinkaid Station
-->Continued from Log A-1

"Captain, i'm getting replies from ships all over our neck of the woods. The Leyte Gulf, Essex, Fearless, Nagato, Remington, Paladin, and Bishop are en route. I also have a Priority One message coming in from Starfleet Command"

Lights flash, people scurry around the command deck. CIC, off to the left, is busy formulating attack plans, coordinating defensive strategies, and assigning target designators to incoming ships.

Greenhaven: "On screen"

The visage of Admiral Quinn appears on screen. "Greetings captain, we received your distress call, routed to us from 7th Fleet Command. while i know the location of Kinkaid was to be kept off the charts for the rest of Starfleet, aside from 7th Fleet, i have rescinded that order."

"We wanted the station kept a secret, mainly from the Klingon's and the Borg. That is now moot. 83 Star ships will be at your location in 45 minutes, 26 of which are Klingon. Put them to good use Captain."

Greenhaven: "Aye sir. We are doing everything in our power to hold this station. Raven Protocol has been activated, and all civilians are being moved out of here. I know we need what is being developed here, but i do need to remind you, i have been instructed to activate Condition Black should it appear the Borg will prevail."

Quinn: "yes yes, i have been briefed about Code Black, god i hope you dont have to use it. Follow through with it if you must. Just dont let it fall into their hands."

"I also wanted to inform you that your Fleet Admiral has gone missing. Orders have been sent out to search for him, but we understand your circumstances prevent you from joining that search. Should you find yourself in... better company, please see what you can do. Quinn Out"

The screen goes black as Greenhaven stands up and moves across the Command Deck to CIC. "Report"

The CIC Master display shows a dazzling amount of Borg Ships bearing down, with a handful of Starfleet ships near the station. Datalinks, telemetry, and defensive statistics scroll on secondary displays. The amount of raw data being displayed is almost overwhelming.

"Sir, this is our current make up. As you can see here, we only have a small amount of ships integrated into the Command Datalinks. All defensive batteries are online, and plugged into the grid."

"we are updating incoming Borg vessels as they move closer. Refined numbers put them at over 115 Cubes now, 28 of which are Tactical Cubes. There is also some... disturbing data, these 7 ships are massive. We cant tell what they are, but i would not want to go up against one."

Greenhaven: "Thank you. I must say, i never thought the day when something as drastic as a Combat Information Center, right in the middle of my Command Deck... but, i don't know what i would do without you now" as he looks at the CIC Officer with a small smile.

"Yes sir, we do wha-"

Computer: "WARNING: Warp Signature Detected, Bearing One Eight Three Mark Zero Five Zero. Point sources: Two Eight One. Estimated time to intercept: 45 minutes"

Greenhaven almost trips as he whirls around to glare at the CIC-Master Screen. "That's almost 500 ships total... with 300 flanking us."

"Sir, Six 7th fleet vessels, and 19 Starfleet vessels have arrived"

Greenhaven: "Contact each ship, get them into the Datalink, and prep them for battle. We have half an hour till all hell breaks loose. I want Condition Black primed and ready."

The staff officer viably gulps, then responds "Uh, yes sir, Right away."

"Sir, you are being hailed by the Leyte Gulf"

"Onscreen..."

Awarded:

Forum Image

Commodore Mavendorf sat in the command chair on the Bridge of the Lyete Gulf, her eyes scanning the priority message from command...the Tico was missing...Admiral Fortin...her mentor of late and a man she considered friend...her initial impulse was to turn her ship about and take her small strike force to go looking...but...she could not...duty demanded otherwise...for now she would hope for the safety of the Tico until she could join the search.

"Captain we have arrived...." Three said quietly as the forward screen shimmered as the ship came out of warp "I'm reading over 50 Borg vessels...and the number is climbing as our scans progress."

Mavendorf did not bother to answer...she knew the odds were going to be high here...if the Borg knew what Kinkaid was...and it appeared they did...there would be a major force sent to deal with it...and it was here "Hail Captain Greenhaven Number One...uplink the data we got on the Borg command ships and share with all ships in system...including the Klingons" She added as she noted the tactical symbols that indicated several Klingon vessels that had warped in just now.

"Channel open sir"

"Captain Greenhaven...good to see you again...you always throw the best parties...I'm forwarding data on the Borg command ships we've already fought...the rest of my scratch task force should be here in a few minutes...I'm placing us under your tactical control...since you know the playing field better than I do." She smiled slightly as she spoke, doing everything she knew how to project calm and confidence..something the fleet needed right now almost as much as they needed more ships.

Last edited by Cleo Mavendorf on 09/16/11 19:25; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Forum Image

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Phalanx
Stardate 89265.63
Captain p'Rett

It's strange coming back to a previous command. Various pinkskin commanding officers I've known over the years have compared their ship to a mate. I, for one, don't know how they can put them in the same category; that's one of the things that sets us apart.

What we have in common, though, is a desire to defend our people and planets with every last ounce of strength in our bodies. If you threaten us, you had best be prepared for some very ugly times.

Such is the situation now, as I take my place in the familiar, comfortable command chair on the Phalanx. She's been refurbished, from her engineering deck up to her saucer. New phaser arrays, new EPS conduits, the works. The Phalanx-B is in drydock for a much-needed and long-overdue overhaul. Her hull and internal bracings have been through a lot, and my crew can only do so much.

They're doing well since we've transferred over to the Phalanx; some are old hands, and came with me when we transferred to the -B. Others are barely out of their cadet uniforms, or transfers from other ships that are either being scrapped or overhauled.

All of them have heard the news, of course; the Borg are back, and in force. Not even the seasoned vets are completely at ease facing those abominations, and for good reason.

There goes the Red Alert klaxon now; will continue this report afterward.

*pause* *resume 30 minutes later*

Well, the crew and the ship have performed admirably, as always. The upgraded systems withstood the attacks of the Borg probes, spheres and cubes we encountered. Sirius sector - home of the Federation founders. Never thought I'd see it threatened again in my lifetime, but they are here, and they keep coming.

Even worse than that is the word that's come on the 7th Fleet secure channel - Fleet Admiral Fortin and the Ticonderoga are missing. As soon as we're done mopping up this sector, we're setting course for the Kassae Sector, Regulus Sector Block to begin a search pattern. We've gotten some word from a couple traders they might have seen the vessel recently.

Last edited by VADM pRett on 09/07/11 5:47; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

BEGIN CLASSIFIED TRANSMISSION

USS LASSEN INTEL REPORT

SUMMARY: A LARGE MAJORITY OF THE 7TH FLEET HAS BEEN DEPLOYED TO THE REGULUS SECTOR BLOCK. USS LASSEN WAS ASSIGNED SECTOR GAMMA 27 IN AN EFFORT TO SEARCH FOR THE MISSING TICONDEROGA. WE KEEP OUR HOPES UP IN THAT WE MAY LOCATE HER IN ONE PIECE, BUT FRANKLY WITH ALL THE BORG ACTIVITY IN THIS SECTOR AND OTHER SECTORS, IT WILL BE A MIRACLE IF WE FIND HER IN ONE PIECE AND NOT ASSIMILATED. JUST THE THOUGHT OF ENCOUNTERING AN ASSIMILATED FLEET ADMIRAL FORTIN SICKENS MY STOMACH.

SO FAR, THE LASSEN HAS DESTROYED OVER 12 BORG COMMAND SHIPS IN SECTOR AND NO SIGN OF THE TICONDEROGA OR HER CREW. AS LONG AS WE HAVE SOMETHING TO THROW AT THE BORG, WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH FOR OUR MISSING COMRADE. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS, WHERE EVER THEY ARE...

END CLASSIFIED TRANSMISSION

/IMMEDIATE PRECEDENCE
STARDATE 2411.09.06
MSGID SPOT REPORT
TO UFPHQ
FR CALLAWAY
SUBJ SPOT REPORT
CALLAWAY HAS REDEPLOYED TO REGULUS
SECTOR TO AID IN DEFENSE OF KINKAID
STATION. GAINED ONE LONG RANGE SENSOR
CONTACT WITH POSSIBLE BORG TRANSWARP
SIGNATURE. UNABLE TO CONFIRM IDENTITY
BEFORE SIGNATURE FADED. UPON ENTERING
REGULUS SECTOR, JOINED A COMBINED
STARFLEET/KDF BATTLEGROUP ENGAGED WITH
A BORG COMMAND SHIP OF PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN
CONFIGURATION. DETAILED TACTICAL AND
SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS TO BE TRANSMITTED
SEPCOR. ALSO REGRET TO INFORM LOCATION
OF MULTIPLE STARFLEET DISTRESS BEACONS
WHILE ENROUTE REGULUS SECTOR. STILL NO
SIGN OF USS TICONDEROGA. CONTINUING
SEARCH.
//CALLAWAY SENDS

xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

-->Ops Recording, Kinkaid Station
-->Continued from Log A-2

Greenhaven: "Thank you Commodore Mavendorf, i would like you to lead" He pauses as he looks over his left shoulder, to the CIC-Master Display "Strike Group Delta. You will have 13 ships in your group. I am also going to send you a contingent of the new Theta-Three Torpedoes."

"They should work in your newer torpedo launchers. I wish we had more time to fit the fleet with these, but anything older then a Mark XII Torpedo Launcher cant handle these."

"In the mean time, lets get you integrated into our data link, we shou-"

"sir, im detecting the Lassen on long range sensors."

Greenhaven: "Hail her. Commodore Mavendorf, do you mind if i pass you off to one of my tactical officers? I must confer with Captain Jason if we can get a hold of him."

Commodore Mavendorf: "Of course. See you later Captain"

U.S.S Lassen: "This is Fleet Captain Jason... oh Captain Greenhaven, we are on our way. We attempted to transmit receipt of Distress, but something was blocking the transmission."

Greenhaven: "Yes, that would be the 300 additional Borg cubes that dropped out of warp on our Flank"

Jason, nodding his head: "That makes sense. How are things looking?"

Greenhaven: "Not good. we currently have 49 ships holding position, Defenses are online. Borg will intercept in...... 19 minutes. It looks like you wont make it here for the start. Once you do, i want you to integrate into Strike Group Beta."

Jason: "Sounds good"

Greenhaven: "One more thing. Do you remember when you were last here? The upgrade to your ship i spoke about?"

Jason: "hmm, yes, our last refit. I remember, you sealed off 19 sections of my own ship, and wouldn't tell me why" he exclaims with a gleam in his eye.

Greenhaven grins: "yes, well it is still classified. I am transmitting Interlock Codes now."

Jason looks down at his screen. "Codes received. Accessing database now. hmm, it looks lik-"

Jason jerks his head back up to the screen with his eyes wide open "you HAVE to be kidding me!!!!! WHERE did you get this?!?!"

Greenhaven: "I thought you might like it. Admiral Janeway had it sent over here a few years ago. Contrary to previous reports, it did survive the trip home."

Jason: "So... it works?"

Greenhaven: "Yes. It will draw a very large amount of power before firing, and requires a 4 minute recharge. We have greatly increased its firepower of course. Our last live fire exercise saw the Isokinetic Canon destroy 19 large asteroids of pure TriNeutronium.

"There are only 3 ships with this weapon equipped. One is on its way, but may not make it in time, and the other is.... missing."

Jason: "Well, we will do our best. Am i authorized to share this information with my senior staff?"

Greenhaven: "Yes, lets just keep that number limited. Use whatever people you need to plan for the battle. I am going to transmit the final code to unlock weapon control."

"Computer: Authorize Isokinetic Control, U.S.S. Lassen"

<Computer>: "BLEEP Level 8 command code required"

"Greenhaven Alpha One Three Three Charlie Blue"

<Computer>: "Code Accepted"

"Grant Control access to Fleet Captain Jason, U.S.S. Lassen"

<Computer>: "Confirmed"

"There we go, the cannon is under your control. I dont think i need to remind you, this can NOT fall into borg hands. As such, the system has been equipped with Fail safe 117. Should the computer detect Borg infestation, the cannon will overload, and jettison itself into space."

Jason: "Understood. We should get ready. Good luck Captain."

"Thank you, we are all going to need it"

The screen goes dark as Greenhaven moves over to CIC

Tactical: "Another 58 ships have arrived in the last 10 minutes sir. That brings our total to 108, and still climbing. The Borg will reach weapons range in less then a minute"

Greenhaven: "Give me General Broadcast, All ships, All stations"

Opps looks up, and gives the Fleet Captain the All Go sign.

"This is Captain Greenhaven. In less then a minute, we face the largest Borg Fleet ever seen. The odds are against us. We are outnumbered, and outgunned, yet we have been trained by the best, and equipped by the best. We have even garnered the help of long time rivals."

"This station has been pivotal in creating many of the technologies we hope to use today to defend our way of life. Most, but not all of our civilians have been evacuated. We stand here today to protect those most dear to us. We will not fail in this task."

Tactical "Sir, Borg Fleet Alpha has reached weapons range"

Greenhaven: "Your all have your targeting designations, you all know what you must do...."
"All units, Open Fire..."

Awarded:

Forum Image

All is quiet on MIDWAY... today. In my Ready Room, I slump in my chair, tiredly reviewing 7th Fleet After Action Reports. Seems we're engaged everywhere! A single, nagging thought bothers me.

Where the HELL is Admiral Fortin and TICONDEROGA? Almost all of the 7th Fleet AARs mention something that might be clues to where she is, but the message traffic from Starfleet doesn't mention her "overdue and presumed missing" status. Strangely enough, our Ops records have no recorded sailing orders for TICO. Just like she never existed... The Fleet Admiral left me no personal messages before departure, and that's just not like him!

What REALLY bothers me is that Starfleet Command seems to have NO interest in the matter whatsoever! I've contacted every level in the Chain of Command, from the Chief of Operations to the Deputy Starfleet Commander, and it seems that I've just been "managed", not learning anything. Well, that's not true. I've the feeling that someone, highly placed, knows but isn't sharing what they know.
Damn it! Where is the TICONDEROGA? What were Admiral Fortins' orders? Why is Starfleet playing "I've got a secret"?
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

The Leyte Gulf swung broadside to the lead Borg Sphere and unleashed Hell in the form of phaser fire..a moment later the 7 cruisers following her did the same...the Borg ship began firing back...alternating between the 8 targets as they tried to compute which ship was doing the most harm...the cruisers began a spiraling circle around the sphere, pouring nonstop phaser fire into it...a group of 6 fast escorts raced in and delivered a volley of torpedoes and cannon fire that shredded a group of probes that were forming up to assist the sphere. A moment later the sphere exploded as well.

"Shift target to the cube bearing red mark 070." Mavendorf ordered from her chair on the bridge. The ships of her small force turned and began to concentrate their fire on the designated cube...the cube responded by targeting a Defiant class escort that was a bit too far from the rest of the group and bowing it apart with a concentrated volley of fire...Mavendorf kept her face from displaying the shock of the sudden loss but only barely.

"Sir the Concord has been destroyed." Three said a bit unneccesarily.

"Escorts fall back and keep the probes off us...and provide cover for each other as much as you can...cruisers continue targeting the cube." Mavendorf ordered...it was going to be a bloody mess.

Last edited by Cleo Mavendorf on 09/16/11 19:25; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Forum Image

((There is a video at the bottom of this post. Hit play for some good ol Star Trek weapons fire while you read))

The battle of Kinkaid Station:

Pre-OP Report:

Federation / Ally ship count: 139
1 Starfleet "Kinkaid" class Starbase
-Civilian Personnel: 19,274
-Crewmen: 11,225
-Officers: 1,921

Borg Ship count: 518
-Estimated Borg Drones: 10,360,000

Forum Image

Kinkaid Station Command Deck:

Lights flicker and the decks heave up and down as scores of Borg ships fire relentlessly into Kinkaid Stations shields. Phaser beams and turrets bring death to thousands of Borg, as probes and smaller Borg Ships succumb to concentrated firepower.

<Computer>: Designating Targets: Cubes 1, 23, 35, 82, 112. Targets Assigned.

Tactical: "Firing tubes 1 through 70"

Hatches all along the side of the station open, as 272 Theta Torpedoes are let loose. Shields flare as impact after impact register against the 5 Borg Cubes. Cube Designate 35 shudders and glows as the shields overload. The ship blows apart, taking 2 probes with it. Cubes 23 and 82 quickly follow. Cubes 112 and 1 are damaged, but still fighting.

Greenhaven: "Dammit, they are adapting too fast. Reload and fire again."

<Computer> "Reload in 2 minutes 23 seconds"

A smattering of chatter can be heard from CIC: "Botsun, Calico, Echo, Matsune, Hoola, k'or', Kow'Ka, and Nagato have been reported as destroyed, assumed all hands lost."

"Cubes 3, 12, 19, 34, 48, 66, 67, 91, 101, 118 Confirmed as destroyed."

Command lights go dark as the station is rocketed by a horrendous blast. Sparks fly from consoles everywhere.

Greenhaven: "Report!"

CIC-Opps Officer: "Tubes 1, 18, 45 thought 51, 66, and 74 are gone. Turrets 3, 28, 32, 67 are damaged, and phaser arrays 4-19 are out of Data link control, local control only."

"Shields are down to 23%, armor plating is charged. Gravity generator has sustained damage, we can not keep the gravity well at this strength for long."

Greenhaven: "Fire the Kostua Turrets. Align them with Strike Group's targets, help them take them down.

Strike groups Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon juke in and out of the massive battle. Targets are designated by Kinkaid CIC, allowing for maximum firepower to be brought to each target.

Out of no where, thousands of yellowish bolts start slamming into the fleets targets. The Borg are obviously confused for a brief moment. It looks as if the energy weapons are firing from empty space.

Targets fall to the concentrated firepower. After what seems like hours, the Borg finally figure a way to counter these new weapons. Cubes begin firing Spatial Charges around the space where the energy discharges are coming from.

Tactical-CIC: "Sir, they have found a way to damage our Kostua Turrets. We have lost 12 so far, and more are dropping."

Greenhaven: "We knew we would only get a brief window to use them. Keep firing."

A large explosion hits the stations as the Tactical-CIC Officer looks up: "Gravity Generator is offline, shields are down. I'm detecting incoming ships..."

((Here is a little treat for everyone reading up so far. Gets you "in the mood for ramming speed))

Last edited by xivim on 09/10/11 7:24; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Forum Image

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Phalanx
Stardate 89295.42
Captain p'Rett

We've exhausted all the leads provided us by the merchants in and near the Kassae system. Nothing has come to pass in our investigation on the whereabouts of the Ticonderoga, and her captain, Admiral Fortin.

In the midst of all the death, destruction and mayhem of the past few days, the Phalanx is returning to Earth Spacedock to partake a curious pinkskin custom, celebrating the anniversary of a wedding.

If it were for almost any other person, I would have argued the valid need for us to be on the front lines. Commodore Scott has been my commanding officer, a mentor, and among a select group of friends outside of my kind. I would trust my and my crew's life with any commands he issued.

I've made sure to make a quick stop at Andoria to secure an appropriate gift for the occasion. Andorian Ale makes any happy occasion that much happier, I've found, and the pinkskins seem to enjoy it.

Awarded:

Forum Image

Commodore Mavendorf gripped the armrests of her command chair hard as she watched the battle raging around her ship...her force was down to four cruisers and 3 escorts...and her own ship had taken several hard hits...the battle was slowly but surely turning against the Federation forces.

She hated the fact that despite having destroyed a third of the Borg forces...they were still not going to hold Kinkaid Station...she came to a hard decision..."Number One...open a channel to Captain Greenhaven." she ordered as the ship shuddered under another hit

"Channel open sir...shields down to twenty percent sir." Three replied

"Greenhaven...get your people out of there...we can't hold them much longer...save what you can-" She was interrupted by another shudder and the sudden appearance of a dozen Borg on her bridge.

"SECURITY TO THE BRIDGE! WE'VE BEEN BOARDED!" Three slapped her combadge and shouted.

Mavendorf stood her ground as a Borg drone advanced on her...as it raised an arm to inject her with nanoprobes...she moved...grabbing the drone by it's arm and chest...lifting it clear of the deck in a display of unexpected strength...and threw it bodily into two others, knocking them all down.

Phaser fire erupted all over the bridge as the duty watch attacked...and the channel still open to Captain Greenhaven abruptly closed.

Last edited by Cleo Mavendorf on 09/16/11 19:26; edited 1 time in total

"Captain Borg ships closing fast" my First officer shouted out

with a stunned face i turned to ops" double check full sweep, what are we dealing with, and tell me how they found us please"

The engineering commander in the ops station reads out the info on the screen with a very astonished tone" Captain we have 6 regular cubes flanking 3 tactical cubes right on our tail!"

"Captain to the crew of the Essex, looks like we're going to get our first combat Trial we have a large Borg fleet approaching, Battle Stations.....

"how close are we to Kinkade station?"

my first officer responds" About 5 mins sir"

i type something into my arm chair "Chief prepare to eject some warp plasma on my mark, Tactical set up our rear turrets to a wide spread on the cloud of plasma"

Ken: "Captain may i remind you that while in a quantum slipstream doing such a thing will most likely colaps our slipstream matrix and crush us"

"Thank you ken i know, thats why when we fire the turrets con is going to force us out the side of the slipstream on a vector just steap enough to get us out, hopefully the borg won't see it fast enough and we can crush them"

"On my mark people......MARK" my bridge crew jumps and hammers in the commands as fast as they can"

Ken: Captain we need more speed to breach the Matrix border!"

"Engineering pump the new cor to full power nows the time to test it."

even with inertial dampeners the ship jolted as her speed went from warp 20(the speed of the slipstream drive) down to warp 14(the speed of what the new borg engins do)

my Chief engineer calls the bridge "Captain i could only get 85 % of it going in that much time the rest is comming available, it'll be ready before we reach kinkade"

with the destruction of our tail and a lucky break on our side we approach short range scanning range.

"full tactical report" "Captain kinkade is losing weapons and there down to a hand full of ships the.... Captain the Leyte Gulf has been borded! we're out numbered captain by a lot."

"Alright people lets do this, send a message to the gulf and Kinkade research station inform them of our arival with no borg tailing us."

"Begin Firing on the smaller ships near the Gulf take them all out, also ask the station commander for nore intel on Priority targets."
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Battle for Kinkaid:

More damage reports flow in, as federation ships are either destroyed outright, or crippled beyond repair. The comm chirps as an incoming call is received.

Opps: "Sir, the Leyte Gulf is hailing us"

Greenhaven: "Onscreen"

Commodore Mavendorf appears onscreen, her bridge shaking and heaving violently. "Greenhaven...get your people out of there...we can't hold them much longer...save what you can-" She was interrupted by another shudder and the sudden appearance of a dozen Borg on her bridge.

The command deck watches helplessly as Borg transport onto the bridge of the Leyte Gulf. The last image is that of a drone bearing down on Cleo.

Greenhaven: "Dammit... Alright, begin evacuation procedures. I want all weapons on computer control. Get everyone to their assigned ships, we will keep Command and CIC here for the time being."

"Aye sir. Attention all hands, begin evacuation, case Zulu. Repeat, All Hands, Case Zulu."

Tactical looks up: "Sir, im detecting the Essex. It looks like shes taken some damage, but she is still in fighting shape. She's moving to assist the Commodore."

Greenhaven: "Very good. Assign her priority targets, lets get her into the datalink."

Another large explosion rockets the station. "Datalink OFFLINE, i repeat, Datalink OFFLINE"

"Transfer Datalink command to the Mackinaw, use whatever ships have the Command Nodes to create another 'net"

Opps: "Datalink will be at 50% capacity in... 3 minutes. Sir, the lack of the link is causing confusion among the fleet. We are not getting the concentrated fire we need."

Tactical: "Sir, im getting a reading from Project Daisy Chain... its the Lassen, she just dropped out of warp, and shes powering the cannon!!!!"

Greenhaven: "About damn time."

The Lassen steams in the direction of the largest mass of Borg ships, as the forward hull starts the creak and groan. Armor plating and hull strips move and slide apart.

Two twin Isokinetic Cannons emerge on either side of the Deflector Dish. A crackling charge can be seen running up and down the cannons as she prepares to fire. Seconds creep by...

All screens aimed at the Lassen go a brilliant shade of white as the Lassen fires. Two large beams of pure destruction leap out, and hammer into one of the Borg Command ships. Its hull buckles and cracks, energy discharging into space. The Lassen continues to fire its steady beam.

Thats when the true nature of the Isokinetic Cannon becomes apparent. Thousands of brilliant arcs, like giant lightning bolts, leap from the Borg Ship, slamming into Probes, Spheres, and Cubes left and right. Dozens of ships explode in a fury of death, as the energy continues to arc to more ships.

After what seems like an eternity, the Lassen stops firing. The energy dissipates, and debris is flung far and wide. Scanners are finally able to penetrate the cloud of destruction.

Greenhaven: "Report!!"

The Tactical officer looks up with a look of disbelief on his face: "Sir... 45% of the remaining Borg fleet was obliterated... 83 Probes, 59 Spheres, 44 Cubes, and 2 Command ships remain..."

Tactical-CIC: "Sir, the remaining Borg ships are turnning on the Lassen."

Greenhaven: "Greenhaven to the fleet, all units, protect the Lassen, i repeat, Protect the lasse--"

Power fails as the station is hit by a deathblow of an explosion. The entire Command Deck crew is flung to the far side of the room.

<Computer> "WARNING: Solaric Core Overload detected. Code Black initiated. Engaging Mass Transport system"

All over the station, micro-transporters installed in the corridors and vital areas begin mass-beaming the remaining crew off the station, and onto ships in the vicinity. Greenhaven gets one last look at his command deck, as the world shimmers away and is replaced by his Bridge on the Mackinaw.

Greenhaven: "Computer, Code Black report!"

<Computer> "Solaric Core Overload detected. Code Black has been initiated. 15 minutes until supernova. CIC and Command Crew transported to Mackinaw."

Greenhaven turns to his first officer: "Get us to the Lassen, we need to keep her alive. Another shot from that cannon will wipe out the rest of the Borg"

"Aye sir"

The Mackinaw, along with 23 other ships trys desperately to save the Lassen. Borg weapons pummel her mercilessly.

"Sir, im detecting Borg on board the Lassen! They are in the Cannon Control room. Fail safes are activating!"

An entire front section of the Lassen blasts away as the cannon is expelled from the ship, to save it from assimilation.

"Overload Sequence has failed. Lassen is dead in the water. The cannon will not respond to Auto-destruct commands, its vulnerable."

Greenhaven: "Beam the Crew and the Cannon aboard. Get me a secure channel to the fleet!"

"Channel open"

"This is Greenhaven. Kinkaid Station is lost. Code Black will activate in 9 minutes. In 8 minutes and 45 seconds, ALL ships will activate Black-Alpha. You will enter warp, at a randomly generated vector. Any ship left behind in 9 minutes, will be destroyed by the pending explosion. Start beaming all survivors off from disabled ships."

Awarded:

Forum Image

Bridge of the Leyte Gulf:

"Status report!" Mavendorf asked calmly.

"All Borg have been terminated sir...we have lost 75 crew in the process." Three replied as she scanned her console, "The Borg fleet is now concentrated on the Lassen."

Mavendorf eyed the pile of Borg corpses on the bridge distastefully before she scanned the tactical readout for a moment "Target the nearest Borg Command ship...let's try and get their attention."

"Aye sir." Three replied.

The Leyte Gulf swung toward the nearest Borg command ship...unleashing a salvo of torpedoes and then every phaser that would bear...two cubes altered course, cutting in between the Gulf and the Command ship "I believe we have their attention Sir." Three noted somewhat dryly.

Mavendorf nodded and leaned back in her chair a bit "Get us as close to the Lassen as possible Number One, we will beam survivors aboard as soon as we are in range."

Aye sir." Three acknowledged

The Gulf moved in at full speed, firing as she came, she scored several solid hits on one cube before they made it into range of the Lassen. Mavendorf activated internal coms "Chief...get locks as fast as you can and begin beaming the Lassens people aboard...the longer our shields are down the more likely we are to have more uninvited guests."

"Aye Sir...I'll be as quick as I can." The transporter chief replied.

"Open a channel to the Lassen Number One." Mavendorf ordered.

"Channel open sir."

"Lassen this is the Leyte Gulf...we are ready to accept survivors aboard..."

Last edited by Cleo Mavendorf on 09/16/11 19:26; edited 1 time in total

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: