Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Resistance is Futile - Phase One

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Valley Forge
Stardate 89302.78
Rear Admiral Shackelford

I've spent several hours during our journey to the Sirius/Regulus border reviewing all the battle and readiness reports. The board looks pretty bad. The Fleet's fighting capacity has been reduced by 48%. Normally this high of a number would put us all out of the field for extensive retraining and recruitment, but right now Starfleet can't afford to take anyone off the line.

Of what remains, about half of us are scattered in various firefights across several blocks. The rest appear to be mustering at Starbase 39 after the Battle for Kinkaid. Losing Kinkaid is going to be a thorn in our side. Let's just say that despite the situation, enacting Code Black probably won't be a career enhancing move on Greenhaven's part. The devil is in the details though, most of which are still unknown - we'll have to see how it shakes out once things settle. I can only speak for what I saw during our limited engagement there, and it was pretty bad. He may not have had any other choice.

The latest from the Midway is that Starfleet continues to stonewall on giving us any information on the Tico's mission. She had to have some kind of classified orders come through before the shit hit the fan; it's the only thing that makes any sense. They haven't yet gone so far as to directly order us not to search for her, however.

I'll be pulling as many Fleet elements together as I can and ordering them to conduct combat operations in viable search areas. If we can still fight the Invasion while looking for the Tico, that's what we're going to do.

/PRIORITY ONE ALPHA ENCODED
STARDATE 2411.09.15
MSGID TICO
TO ALL 7TH FLEET VESSELS
FR USS VALLEY FORGE
SUBJ SEARCH AND RESCUE

USS TICONDEROGA POSSIBLE DISTRESS CALLS ORIGINATING RISA/KASSAE BLOCKS
ALL VESSELS REFIT AS NECESSARY
RALLY IN THESE AREAS FOR COMBAT OPERATIONS SOONEST
MAINTAIN VIGILANCE ON TICO SEARCH

((Participants are asked to conduct a Borg Red Alert DSE in the Sirius Sector and report their findings. As before, try to avoid specificity or conclusive findings on the Tico's disposition or location.))

Awarded:

"Sir, we are being hailed"

Greenhaven "On screen"

The image of Captain Talbot appears on the view screen "This is USS Atlantis standing by."

"Good to see you captain. We could use you here, at least until more of our ships are battle worthy again. We have no idea if the Borg will try to attack us here, but we need to be ready."

"I would like you to patrol this sector, look out for any signs of the Borg. Once we have a few more ships battle ready, we will let you return to your normal duties"

Talbot "Sounds good sir"

Greenhaven "I will be heading over to SB39 in about an hour for dinner, if you would like to join me. I would love a chance to catch up on what the rest of the fleet has been up to"

Talbot "I'll be there"

"Thank you. Greenhaven out"

Greenhaven stands, and moves to the aft engineering consoles. He begins to study the repair reports.

"Commander, why dont we assign two more teams to the nacelle repair efforts? I want warp drive as soon as possible."

"Of course sir."

Awarded:

Forum Image

Three of Seven exited the turbolift and walked onto the bridge of the Mackinaw. Her face showed none of the apprehension she felt...outwardly she was as calm and collected as she usually was. She approached Captain Greenhaven and spoke quietly "Excuse me Captain...might I speak with you for a few moments?"

Greenhaven looks up from console he is examining "Ah yes, Three is it? What can i do for you?"

Three hesitated for a long moment "It's about Commodore Mavendorf sir...she's...well...missing in a sense."

"Hmm, yes, I heard about the incident with the transporter. We have been looking into the matter, it appears this isn't the first time this has happened."

An ensign walks up to Greenhaven with a padd. "Thank you" Greenhaven briefly looks over the contents "One of my engineers is trying to find a way to reverse the process, but he has not had much luck."

Three nodded slowly "It is my theory that if we wish to retrieve her...we will have to send a force across the dimensional barrier to bring her back...it...has been done before."

She did not want to divulge any more information than she had to about THAT particular incident...technically she wasn't even supposed to know of it but she had hacked the Commodores personal logs some time ago...and had been both disturbed and oddly pleased by some of the things contained in them.

She continued quickly "Sir...she was always the first to go back for anyone who needed saving...be it from the Collective...or on a battlefield...can we do no less for her"

Greenhaven scratched his chin as he looked past Three for a few seconds, deep in thought. He nods to himself as he replies "Yes, I agree. What did you have in mind?"

She took a deep breath and then spoke "I want to assemble a team to go and get her back sir...I know I'll have to get the Admiral to approve it...but if enough of her fellow captains agree...it would be a persuasive argument...I was hoping you'd speak up in favor...if not agree to come with me."

"Of course you have my backing. Cleo has saved my life too many times to count, it would be an honor to pay back what I owe. Feel free to use whatever assets you need aboard my ship." Greenhaven replies as he smiles.

"Everyone on this ship owes her their life in some way or form. If we have to, we'll take the Mackinaw there directly... though I might need to find a new core in the process..." Greenhavens eyes gloss over as he ponders that dilema.... "Sorry, lost in my thoughts"

Three smiles a bit...a rarity for her "Thank you sir...it means more than you can know to me."

She nodded as she fully understood his situation...the Makinaw needed repairs and the myriad of details that involved was something she understood quite well...if the Leyte Gulf had survived the battle she too would have been immersed in similar thoughts.

"I'll contact Admiral Shackleford once we dock and see what orders he has for the remnants of the Gulf's crew...and then I'll have a word with him about going after her." She finally said "For now though I'll go see what assistance I can be to your Chief Engineer."

"Thank you, we could use all the help we can get. This list goes on forever" Greenhaven replies as he waves his padd "Star Fleet offered to replace the Mackinaw, but i cant do that just yet. This ship has done too much..."

A few officers cross the bridge and head for the observation lounge. Greenhaven looks over, then looks at the chonometer to his left. "Looks like its time for my 1400 briefing. Let me know if you need anything else. Have a good day Commander"

Awarded:

Report: Battle for Kinkaid Station
CO: Fleet Captain Marcus Tory Greenhaven
Date: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reason: Defense of Kinkaid Station, Borg Invasion

A) Borg threat detected on stardate 2411.08.19. Borg Incursion to Corpuru System detected on Stardate 2411.08.25.
-300 Borg Ships detected incoming

Raven Protocol activated. Halifax loaded with all portable experiments, all necessary researchers, and sent into Deep Space, with Orders not to return or communicate with SFC for a minimum of 3 months.

Raven Protocol Efficiency: 100%

B) Civilian and Research Evacuation begun at Time Index 0725. Non-esential personnel evacuated to SB39.

Evacuation Efficiency: 87%

C) Distress Signal dispatched to 7th fleet and SFC. Multiple ships responded. An armada of 119 ships total was assembled for the battle. Notable ships include:

USS Mackinaw
USS Fearless
USS Bishop
USS Paladin
USS Essex
USS Leyte Gulf
USS Lassen
USS Conquer
USS Nagato
USS Botsun
USS Calico
USS Echo
USS Matsune
IKS Hoola
IKS K'Or
IKS Kow'Ka

Of 119 Ships, 26 ships remain. Of that total, 14 will be scrapped.

500+ Borg ships were sighted in the Corpuru System. Of that total, 3 survived.

Estimated Losses:

-Civilians / Research personnel: 31,193 of 392,773 - 7.9% loss
-Starfleet Personnel: 43,091 of 65,451 - 65.8% loss
--Estimated Borg: 10,450,000 of 11,000,000 - 95% loss

-Code Black initiated by authorization of Fleet Captain Greenhaven. Orders are as follows:

/Classified 001
Code Black
Upon definite threat to Kinkaid Station, asses outcome of technology falling into enemy hands. Should this assessment prove that no course of action can counter this event, Activate Code Black. By Command, President, United Federation of Planets and Fleet Admiral, Starfleet Command

Awarded:

PHASE ONE is officially closed.

Thanks to all participants!

Phase 2 will commence when Cryptic initiates the Borg Ground Invasions. I hope by that time to have completed at least one Foundry mission related to the storyline of Fortin being missing.

PHASE 1 PARTICIPANTS

Shackelford
Jason
Greenhaven
Augerson
Huckabee
King Mikey
Runaz
Mavendorf
Hunter
P'rett
Van Wormer