View previous topic :: View next topic  
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Haverford Files (Cromwell RP Story Line)

-Note: The Haverford Files will be an ongoing RP Story. Feel free to post comments or advice in this thread. Some posts may be removed to help with Story Continuity.

*Accessing Starfleet Command database. . .
*Link established. . .
*Confirming clearance code. . .
*Code acknowledged. . .
*Unlocking Haverford Files. . .

{Haverford File Alpha 1}
{Stardate 2409.823.22}
{Location: Bhea System}

The bridge is a hum of steady activity. Lieutenant Cromwell is resting in the command chair, studying a Padd. Ensign Alida Layne sits to his right, waiting for a response.

Cromwell: "Two weeks? we wont have transporters for two weeks?"

Layne: "No sir, Chief Spevak has been pulling double shifts trying to get them back online. He does have a few ideas that might be able to speed up the process, but he wont have a refined report until 0300."

Cromwell: "Very well, lets set up a briefing at 0330. I'll be in my ready room, let me know when we reach the Bhea system."

Layne: "Aye sir."

Cromwell stands up, and walks over to his ready room, deep in thought as the doors whoosh open. Before sitting down at his small, but cluttered desk, he stops off at the nook and pours some coffee from the pot.

Cromwell: "God what I'd give for a replicator right about now"

Sitting himself down at the desk, he rummages through a pile of Padd's, looking for a particular one. Finally finding it, he browses the list stored on the Padd.

Twelve weeks, its taken twelve weeks to get us space worthy again. God I'm surprised they didn't just scrap this bucket of bolts. I cant even tell how OLD this ship really is! Well, she's all mine, and we still need too much work to get the Haverford up to fleet standards.

Cromwell dives into the everlasting mountain of paperwork stored on his terminal. Four hours later, he looks up as he hears a chime:

Layne: "Bridge to Captain Cromwell, we are arriving at the Bhea System"

Cromwell: "On my way"

The door parts as Cromwell walks out of his ready room, and assumes his seat at the center of the bridge.

Ensign T'rut: "Sir, incoming message from Starfleet Command"

Cromwell: "Onscreen"

Commodore Cleo Mavendorf: "Lieutenant, i see you made good speed to Bhea IV"

Cromwell: "Thank you sir, Our warp drive was the first thing repaird by McKinley Station"

Mavendorf: "Very good. Our sensors have detected Orions near Bhea IV, we would like you to investigate. I know your ship doesn't have the best offensive armament, but i know you can... 'encourage' the Orions that they should leave. Reports indicate they may be constructing repair stations, for use in prolonged engagements. Make sure they wont be able to use them"

Cromwell: "we'll do our best sir."

Mavendorf: "I know you will. Use any means necessary. Mavendorf Out."

T'rut: "I am detecting sever Orion vessels over 30 km away, bearing 046 mark 221."

Cromwell: "Set an intercept course, and take us in."

Layne: "Red alert, all hands to battle stations."

The ship moves to intercept the Orions, Shields and weapons are brought online. The Orions notice the small ship, and send two frigates to deal with the interlopers.

T'Rut: One of the Orion Vessels has opened fire."

Layne: "Returning fire"

T'Rut: "Activating evasive pattern Gamma 3"

Phasers fire back and forth, the Haverford's more advanced shielding absorbs each blow, as the small ships juke around each other. Orion Alpha's port shield drops as phaser fire continues to pummel the smaller ship.

Cromwell: "Open hailing frequencies. Don't damage them yet."

T'Rut: "They are not responding"

The ships rockets back and forth as the aft shields drop.

Layne: "Aft shields down!"

Cromwell: "Come to heading 172 mark 022, full spread of torpedoes, fire on my mark."

Seconds tick by as the Haverford swings her more reinforced fore shields to face the enemy. The smaller Orions try to stay on the Haverford's rear, but T'rut is able to alter her heading just in time.

Cromwell: "FIRE!"

Three torpedoes are let loose, slamming into the hull of Orion Alpha, ripping her to shreds. Orion Beta stops firing, just as the Haverford swings her fore torpedo launchers onto its bearing.

T'Rut: "Orion Beta is hailing"

Cromwell: "On screen"

The screen pops to life, as an angry Orion male glares at the bridge crew, smoke filling his bridge. Blood can be seen dripping down his right cheek, and lights flicker as power levels fail on his ship.

Orion: "Explain yourself, you just destroyed one of our best attack ships!!"

Cromwell: "I need explain nothing. You are in Federation Space, and will depart immediately, or i will continue to open fire. Your ship would not survive another engagement."

Orion: "Neither would yours"

Cromwell: "That may be the case, but are you willing to die for an unmanned repair station?"

The Orion glares at lieutenant Cromwell, before he speaks: "Very well 'Captain' we will leave. But be warned, you have made an enemy today. We will not forget."

The Orion vessel warps away, as the Haverford targets the unmanned Repair Station. Phasers leap out to the station, as the last remnant of the Orion warp trail vanishes.

Cromwell: "Scan the system. Are there any other Orion's?"

T'Rut: "No sir. System is clear."

Cromwell: "Raise Starfleet Command, we should report this incid.....

*Warning: Data Corruption. Terminating File Playback. Continue to File Alpha 2?

Jump to: