View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Dilithium Conversion Rates

Forum Image

Raw info on the economy conversion.

It should be noted that when I visited the Battle Group Omega vendor on Tribble, none of the equipment he was selling had the [Borg] damage modifiers on them anymore.

Last edited by sparrow794 on 10/19/11 15:55; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

ASSUMING these exchange rates do not change before F2P going live, I plan on spending all of my emblems before my characters are imported into the new server build.

Awarded:

After sitting here and staring at this for a while; it certainly seems like there's some loss. But, I think everything looks fairly reasonable. There are some things which are much cheaper on Tribble than on Holodeck, like ground weapons.

Awarded:

I did go ahead and spend my Marks of Valor. Anti Borg weapons may be going drop only or something, so get those from the vendor at Omega while you still can (I did confirm that my antiBorg weapons still have the [Borg] modifier on them on Tribble; so the items themselves will be the same - just what the vendor is selling is different).

I don't get why 30 emblems exchange for ground weapons is not the same as 30 emblems for ship weapons?

Awarded:

Ezreq Blodvaerd wrote:
I don't get why 30 emblems exchange for ground weapons is not the same as 30 emblems for ship weapons?

Based on what I've seen and heard discussed, most folks prefer the starship combat in STO over the ground combat. I also think it's fairly safe to say the majority of episodes/missions have a space component involving combat. Therefore, starship weapons are of more use, and a higher demand.

To look at it from another perspective, do you really think it takes as many resources to make a phaser sniper rifle as it does to make a phaser beam array for a starship?

anti borg stuff is now at the ESD vendors for Rare borg salvage
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Runaz wrote:
anti borg stuff is now at the ESD vendors for Rare borg salvage

Thats kind of what I figured; just didn't go looking. Point is, I can get anti borg stuff now, but wouldn't be able to after, so might as well grab it while I can without having to do more STF's to get it.

Awarded:

so as of right now based on the conversion rate.... its better to change your emblems for marks of valor to get anti Borg stuff or spend them outright?

Awarded:

Anton Mercer wrote:
so as of right now based on the conversion rate.... its better to change your emblems for marks of valor to get anti Borg stuff or spend them outright?

You wont be able to get anti borg weapons with dilithium; you would have to run the STF's over. The 'borg salvage' is a drop or something from the revamped STF's that you can exchange for anti borg gear; so if you have enough marks of valor to get something you want, I would spend them prior to the conversion.

Using up all your emblems is debatable; it depends on what you want to get. For ship weapons, I'd spend them now; for ground gear, I'd say wait.

Awarded:

Not to mention its probably a mute point now anyway, since the really really really really cool stuff (Starfleet Elite Force Ground Set or Kellerun Infiltrator Ground Set or ship weapons with the[Borg] attribute) can only be acquired via STFs.

Forum Image

cant wait for all this stuff to go live. I'm sure there will be a revamp for doing STF's

Jump to: