View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commander Stonewall

re: Video / Sound editing

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, But I need a little help on something and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Last August, My wifes grandmother passed away suddenly and with out warning. We didn't find out until Christmas that just before she passed she recorded on one of those recordable books. "A night before Christmas" for my son.

Needless to say this is now one of our most treasured items. I am attempting to make sure that the recording is never lost. I have re-recorded on to the computer but now i am trying to do some editing on it.

Basicly it is a recording of a recording and I am trying to soften up the sound so it sound more like a normal voice with out all the peaks recording have. So I need some help figureing this out.

I then plan on mixing it with music and video, to place on youtube and send to all her cuz's so this treasure is never lost. I think I can muddle my way through that part but would really appreate any assistance someone can give me with the sound issue. Suggestions ect.

Thanks, and once again sorry if this is not in the right place.
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

The placement of the thread is fine; I wish I could give advice on this, but it's not something I know a lot about. I wouldn't even know who to really point you to, other than maybe Kerry.

Awarded:

I'm not sure how involved you want to get, but Nero has a basic sound editing tools in it. There is also a shareware called Audacity that is a rather good primary DAW. I hope this helps...

"No Horizon, Too Distant"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: