Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Resistance is Futile - Final Phase

Forum Image

Forum Image

Last edited by sparrow794 on 09/21/12 19:04; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Forum Image

Bor'annus watched the message for the second time, trying to process it. Like Hell we're going to give up on you, Admiral. He stepped through the opening doors from his ready room to the bridge of the Phalanx. The Cohort had been put into drydock for overhaul after its shakedown.

"Commander Bitoer, I need an All Hands on the 7th Fleet comm channels."

The Bajoran woman saw to it quickly and nodded her head at the tall, gruff, Andorian.

"This is Rear Amdiral p'Rett. All available hands are to make best speed to the Gamma Orionis sector and engage in SAR operations for Fleet Admiral Fortin and the Ticonderoga. No exceptions - this is an All Hands alert. I expect full compliance. p'Rett out."

((Thread is unlocked.))

Awarded:

"Captain...I have a Priority One message from Fleet OPs for you." Three said to Captain Mavendorf as she moved beside the command chair.

"I'll take it in my ready room Number One." Mavendorf replied as she stood up, her left hand brushing a stray lock of white hair from in front of her left eye. She strode purposefully to the ready room just off the Leyte Gulf's bridge and took a seat behind her desk. She activated her terminal and pulled up the message, playing the audio only rather than reading the text.

"This is Rear Amdiral p'Rett. All available hands are to make best speed to the Gamma Orionis sector and engage in SAR operations for Fleet Admiral Fortin and the Ticonderoga. No exceptions - this is an All Hands alert. I expect full compliance. p'Rett out."

She leaned back in the chair for a moment, calculating speed and distances in her head before recording a reply "This is Captain Mavendorf...The Leyte Gulf is enroute with an ETA of Twelve hours."

She triggered the send message function and shut down the terminal. She stood and walked back out to the bridge, resuming her seat in the Captain's Chair. "Lay in a course for the Gamma Orionis Sector Number One...Flank speed if you please."

"Aye Sir." Three replied as she quickly calculated the course. "Course laid in Sir."

"Engage." Mavendorf ordered.

The Leyte Gulf swung 86 degrees to the right and began to accelerate...a few seconds after achieving the desired heading...she suddenly flashed into warp...now on her way to join the fleet and look for one of their own.

//:Captain's Log: Stardate 2412.06.13
Fleet Captain Huckabee, Earth Space Dock

I just received orders from Rear Admiral p'Rett requesting all ships head to Gamma Orionis sector in order to find the Fleet Admiral. Unfortunately the crew and myself currently find ourselves without a ship. We've been stationed her at ESD since the Minotaur was re-assigned to another crew and captain. She was a good ship, but I couldn't pass on the chance command has given me to go back to the North Carolina name.

I'm still unsure if we'll be receiving the new Armitage class or the Akira I saw them retrofitting in the docks when we arrived 2 weeks ago. Command assured me though that it would be one of the 2. Last word given was we should receive our new home tomorrow sometime, but wont know for sure which one till it comes down the pipe to load up.

I've notified the crew to be on standby at 0600 so when the orders come a minute wont be wasted so we can make best speed to assist in the efforts for the Fleet Admiral. What better way to shake down a new ship then to do it Borg space. Lucky for me this crew is battle tested for the most part. I was informed I'll be receiving another 150 crew, most who I hope isn't green. Im sure there will be a few though.

//:End Log

//:Captain's Log: Stardate 2412.06.14
Fleet Captain Huckabee,
CO U.S.S. North Carolina NCC-91055, 7th Fleet

My crew and myself are now under way to Borg space at max warp to assist in the fleets efforts to locate Fleet Admiral Fortin. At 1630 Starfleet finally decided on our new ship. They decided to rename the retrofit Akira the North Carolina.

I've always loved the Akira class since I was a little boy. As much as I hated the day they decommissioned the old NC out from under me, it was well worth it. This is the first Akira to be retrofitted to the standard of the new Armitage class. I've heard more will soon follow, since the Akiras are getting up in age, in an effort to keep them flying.

It's going to be nice trying to get use to a ship with holodecks, but a challenge to learn all the new faces of the crew. In addition to that, the North Carolina has been assigned a half-squadron of Peregrine fighters to go with our shuttle complement. With those fighters and the amount of torpedo banks on this ship, I'm sure she'll be the equal of firepower compared to the old girl.

//:End Log

Last edited by CAPT Huckabee on 06/15/12 18:22; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

The room was as quite as cold winter night, and so dark, one could barely make out the shape of Captain Greenhaven sound asleep. A blue light iluminates the room as the terminal on the desk activates with the chevron of Starfleet Command.The Orange and Brown tones of the room look out of place in a Starfleet Vessel. Seconds creep by as Greenhaven continues to sleep.

Greenhaven jerks awake as the shrill whine of a Priority Signel interupt his sleep. He bolts upright and slams his head into the low, curved ceiling that marks the top of his Bunk.

"Son of B****" Greenhaven remarks as he rubs his forhead. He slowly gets out of the bunk, and stumbles to the console. After hitting the Accept Key, First Officer Umozi's face appears on the screen.

"Captain, you have a Priority One messege from Starfleet Co.... are you alright sir?"

Greehaven looks down at the screen, still holding his head "Yeah, im fine. Woke up right into the top of my bunk... Again! I'll take the messege here."

"Aye sir" Umozi's face vanishes as the image of Rear Admiral p'Rett appears:

Greenhavens eyes widen as the full effect of his orders hit him. "Greenhaven to Umozi"

"Umozi here sir."

"Spin up the Slipstream drive, and set a course for the Gamma Orionis sector. I'll be on the bridge in 5 minutes"

"Aye sir."

-----------------------------------

Greenhaven arrives on the bridge, as the crew hustles around bringing the new Slipstream Drive online. As he takes the Command chair, a small screen at his right hand beeps. Hitting the acceptance key, the image of Chief Kudra appears.

"Morning Skip"

Greenhaven smiles as he nods to the small monitor "Good morning Chief. Is the Slipstream Drive ready?"

Kudra shrugs as she looks back "I can vouch for the Starfleet parts, but i still cant guarentee what will happen the Flow Regulators mix with the older Cardasian parts. I wish we could have replaced everything..."

Nodding again, Greenhaven agrees with the Engineer "I know you all did the best you could. Hopefully after this is over we can complete our refit. Alright, best not to keep fate waiting. Lieutenant Lesyiest, engage the Slipstream drive."

"Aye sir. Entering Slipstream in 45 seconds..."

"So what about my quarters? Did they fix the Radiation leak yet?" Greenhaven asks Umozi.

"Not yet sir, they need another day or 2."

"Damn, i am not used to sleeping in a coffin"

Umozi smiles as Lesyiest begins the countdown.

MARK"

The ship shudders as space folds before ancient cardasian Galor Class warship. Eddies warp and bend around the ship as she slowly enters the stream. The ship bucks violently as it finally crosses the threshold into the stream. The apparent speed of the ship hovers near Warp 23.83.

Greenhaven grins "Good job lieutenant."

"Thank you sir."

Warning klaxons beging to sound as Greenhaven looks down to his communication display.

"Skip, im reading a surge in Port Regulator 7 and 9. It's not going to hold for long" Kudra is looking down at her display, not even looking into the comm pickup as she tries to correct the imbalance.

"Shut it down, now!"

"I cant sir. It's going to overload. SHIT!" Kudra dives for the Emergancy Dump Control as the ship heaves up and down. She slams her palm on the Override command, and everyone is thrown around like rag dolls as Relays all over the ship blow. Lights flicker and fail, Consoles blow apart as the overload finds an outlet.

Greenhaven claws his way back to his chair as emergancy lights engage "KUDRA, what happend?"

The screen flickers as Kudra re-appears, with a nasty cut on her face "Sorry skip, that overload was headed back to the core, i had to hit the override before it hit the containment fields. It looks like we lost All the regulators on the port side, and all of them aft of section 21 on the starboard. Warp Drive is offline, but i believe i can get her back in 10 minutes. We wont be using the Slipstream Drive anytime sir. Shes still intact, but all the control circuits leading to it are fried."

Greenhaven rubs his temples as he absorbs the new information "Very well. Get the Warp Drive online, we need to get to the Gamma Orionis sector ASAP. Forget about the SSD, our SAR orders take top priority. Let me know as soon as we can enter warp."

"Aye skip."

The screen goes blank as greenhaven cuts the line. He looks over at Umozi with a raised eyebrow "Remind me why we passed up one of the new Armitage Class ships for this rusted bucket of bolts?"

She shrugs as she looks back "How many Cardasian warships does Starfleet have? We all know this tub will be a force to be reckoned with... once we get her up to specs"

"I'll give you that. She does have a strong bite... when she's willing. Alright, Conn, as soon as the Warp Drive is online, get us to Gamma Orionis, best speed."

"Aye sir."

Awarded:

Forum Image

Fleet Captain Talbot looked up as the intercom chirped.

"Bridge to captain Talbot". Touching the comm panel on his desk , "Talbot here"

"Sir, you have a priority 1 message incoming from 7th Fleet command, Adm. p'Rett sir."

" Very good Mr. Ivari, I'll take it in here."

"Aye sir" came the response. The desk terminal blinked on with the 7th Fleet logo and showed audio only.

""This is Rear Admiral p'Rett. All available hands are to make best speed to the Gamma Orionis sector and engage in SAR operations for Fleet Admiral Fortin and the Ticonderoga. No exceptions - this is an All Hands alert. I expect full compliance. p'Rett out."

Talbot clicked off the terminal and tapped the comm panel.

"Talbot to all senior staff, report to the captains ready room"

He rose from his desk in the Challengers ready room and and walked to the replicator. "Raktajino, hot"

The mug appeared and as Talbot picked it up, the door chimed.

"Come"

The ready room doors opened and in walked his senior staff. Talbot sat back at his desk and looked at his officers. All of them had been with him since his time aboard the U.S.S. Dewey during the Biosphere indecent, and he knew he could count on them.

"I just received a priority 1 message from Adm. p'Rett, ordering a fleet wide SAR in the Gamma Orionis sector for the Ticonderoga. I know I don't have to tell you all how important this is. Please make sure all departments are ready and report your status to the XO, number one, set course for the Gamma Orionis sector, and engage the slipstream drive, dismissed."

The staff exits and Talbot taps the comm panel again.

"Talbot to Commander Ivari."

"Ivari here sir"

"Commander, send a response to Adm. p'Rett acknowledging receipt of his message and advise the Challenger is en route."

"Aye sir."

Talbot leans back in his chair and sips his Raktajino and returns to the reports on his desk as the Challenger's engines pitch change as the slipstream drive engages.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

USS Phalanx Ready room

Bor'annus was perusing reports on current Gamma Orionis activity when the comm "chirped."

"Go ahead."

[Sir, we have acknowledging orders from the Leyte Gulf, North Carolina - a new Armitage hull, no less, Mackinaw and Challenger. All report en route at maximum possible speed.]

"Thank you, Commander; keep me apprised of any other responses."

[Aye, sir]

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Despite having been laid up in sick bay for a few days not too long ago, Shackelford felt like he needed to sleep for about a week. His lower back and shoulder continued to knit, nagging him with dull aches and pains every waking moment.

Repelling the Borg from Defera had been keeping everyone running full tilt. He'd been a part of several defensive actions, counter-attacks, and raids just in the last two days. But Starfleet battlefield analysis was showing a significant drop in the presence of Borg on Defera, and Omega Force couldn't afford to have a bunch of people standing around.

Shack got up from the chair in his quarters and walked over to the replicator. "Coffee, black. Hot." He was rewarded with the satisfying sound of technology, followed by the aroma of one of the universe's greatest gifts.

Sitting back down, Shack noticed an alert message had popped up while he had been away from his desk.

It took several seconds before the full impact of the message slammed home.

"Shackelford to Bridge. Set a course for Gamma Orionis, best speed, execute immediately."

Last edited by sparrow794 on 07/24/12 17:00; edited 1 time in total

"Captain...." Commander Martinez said with a smile on her face as I walked onto the bridge.

I replied with an equal grin of my own "Yes? how can I help my favorite first officer today?"

"We received report just a few minutes ago that the Valley Forge is en-route with us also, I thought you might like to know."

I couldn't help but smile "Eliza....."

"Yes captain?" she replied, even though she knew where this was going. I think she enjoyed messing with Captain Shackelford more then I did.

"Send the Valley Forge a message, let their captain know that we got a new sick bay with bigger beds.....just in case they run into any trouble with the Borg if they get there before us." I told her with a slight laugh.

I couldn't help but think to myself the words Shack will mutter when he gets to read the message.

Awarded:

After several weeks in Drydock, the new Odyssey Class Valkyrie was allowed to run a shakedown cruise. Using the SC as a cover, the Valkyrie searched the Badlands for the missing Admiral's ship but to no avail. Since the war with the Borg is getting that much bigger, the Valkyrie and 2 other 7th Fleet ships, the Sakura, a new Akira Refit, and the Rogue, a Intrepid Refit, have been tasked by Starfleet to patrol the border of the Pelia Sector, in case Species 8472 should take the open opportunity and attack...

Aboard the Valkyrie..

"This is stupid. Why do they have 3 well armed ships on patrol duty in this sector? We haven't even SEEN a Borg ship since we left Spacedock." Jin'tar Ron Lindara, captain of the Rogue, huffed over the conference comm.

"It would appear that Starfleet does not approve of our crew. It may appear to them that the crew members, having just been rescued from the Borg, may still be a danger." T'mar, captain of the Sakura, replied with Vulcan calmness. "They may also believe that, as humans would say, the metal is too... "shiny" for combat."

There was a silence on the comm.

"Meaning...?"

"Meaning..." I interject before T'mar can go into a Vulcan explanation, "... Our ships haven't seen enough combat to be considered useful. Even though the captains and crew have years of combat experience both with new and old ship tech, but I guess it's not enough for them." I sigh, wondering why ARE we out here?

"I know! Since we aren't really doing anything.. How bout we get together for poker?"

"That would be.. " The familar chirp of the ship comm interrupts me.

"Captain?"

"Mercer here. Something the matter Seral?"

"Yes, sir. Long range sensors have detected a group of ships traveling at low warp. At this distance, our sensors cannot get exact type."

"Jin..."

"Already on it." She speaks off screen to one of her officers. After a few minutes she looks back at the screen. "Confirmed, one tac cube and 3 spheres traveling at warp 2 toward the border."

"To the border? That doesn't make any sense. Why would they go there now and for what purpose?

"I believe the phrase would be ... 'Let's go ask?'"

"I like the way you think T'mar. Alright let's get to it." I dismiss the call and speak so the computer can hear me. "All hands, this is the Captain. Man battle stations and prepare to engage the Borg." Red Alert klaxons started immediately as I headed to the bridge. I seat myself in the captain's chair and turn to Porsche, my CTO. "Time to intercept?"

"One minute, sir." She replies without looking away from her console. I then turn to Seral, my CSO.

"Any change in behavior?"

"As of the last scan they do not appear to be aware of us, or they do not perceive us as a threat."

"That's good, at least"

All three ships drop out of warp in formation with the cruiser in the lead followed by the smaller tactical and science ships. The Borg also drop out of warp, coming to a full stop.

"What ... are they doing?" Neilel asks.

"I don't know Number 1, but I don't like it one..."

7th Fleet vessels. Lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated. We will add you biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

"Wait ... 7th Fleet?" An ensign from behind me pipes up.

"Captain... I'm getting a very faint reading of a starship hull inside the cube. It is a Starfleet signature. It could be that the Borg captured some vessel to learn Starfleet secrets or maybe... "

"That's a VERY BIG maybe, Commander..." I interrupt her and give her a look that made her, even as a Vulcan, think twice about finishing the sentence, as I knew where she was going to go with it.

"Captain! The cube has jumped to warp! The spheres are turning to engage!

"All right let's do this!"

The three federation vessels start to weave in and out through the Borg vessels making it tough for them to land hits. But in return, the Borg's resilient shields are tough to crack as one sphere is finally taken down

"Man they've gotten good while we were laid up on Earth." I say as the sphere blows into tiny technical pieces.

"Captain transwarp apertures! 3 cubes and a Tac cube inbound!"

"What the hell?"

"Sir, incoming message from 7th Admiralty, Audio only." Seral flips a switch on her console to put the message on speakers.

"'Bout bloody time." D'enna says while concentrating on deflector control.
"Coords have also been sent for rendezvous."

"Now's as good a time as any to leave. Send off an acknowledgement. Seral mark that tac cube's course and speed. That is a huge chance in hell, but any lead is better then nothing. Gonna have to discuss that with the higher ups when we get to the rendezvous. Signal the other ships to follow us into warp."

"Both ships have also received the SAR call and are go for warp."

"Let's get out of here."

All three ships go to warp as the cubes arrive. All 7 Borg vessels align to warp after the fleeing Federation vessels, but stop. Receiving new orders the re align and warp after the Tactical Cube ....

"Sir" said a tall slender Andorian woman through the comm as she waited outside the Captain's Quarters aboard the U.S.S. "Eternal" Salvation.

"Yes Thryiss, what could it possibly be now?" replied a very cranky Ryo Himura after their latest incursion into Borg space. He opened the door allowing Thryiss in.

"We've received a message from Admiral p'Rett sir, it was relayed to us encrypted since we're in Borg space and we've just now determined what it said...you might want to hear it"

Commander Himura walked over to his computer and played the message:

"This is Rear Admiral p'Rett. All available hands are to make best speed to the Gamma Orionis sector and engage in SAR operations for Fleet Admiral Fortin and the Ticonderoga. No exceptions - this is an All Hands alert. I expect full compliance. p'Rett out."

Before the message ended; however, Himura was already halfway out the door and Thryiss, his first officer, followed him into the turbolift.

They both appeared on the bridge moments later.

Himura pushed a button on his Captain's chair armrest, "All senior staff to the bridge, immediately".

Once his senior staff arrived he told them about the message.

"Since we're already in Gamma Orionis due to our last joint Omega Force mission, we will be constantly scanning for the Ticonderoga, her Captain, or any sign of her crew. Sioza, I need you to calibrate the sensors so they're so finely tuned they'll know about a piece of dust floating in space." He told Sioza his Chief Science Officer.

"Yes sir, it'll be done".

"I'll be in my ready room awaiting reports." Ryo then retreated to his ready room to prepare for the incomming reports.

//:Captain's Log: Stardate 2412.06.20
Captain Ryo Himura,
U.S.S. "Eternal" Salvation NX-922401
7th Fleet

"I've just told the crew about our most recent mission, a search and rescue for Fleet Admiral Fortin of the 7th Fleet...my fleet.

Being in Borg space, it doesn't look good for the survival of not only the Admiral but also his ship, the Ticonderoga, giving the amount of time between their disappearance and now. Granting a worst-case scenario we will endure to find them however long it takes as we leave NO ONE left behind.

I've told the crew to give me hourly reports even if they do happen to find that one spec of dust hovering outside our ship; however, if they do manage to find something relevant to the Ticonderoga or her captain then I want to be notified immediately.

I am sending an encrypted message back to Admiral p'Rett verifying our receipt of his message now (at 19:00 hours)" Ryo pauses the recording to send out the message.

(Message sent)

Ryo unpauses to continue:

"The message details what our plan is considering we're already deployed to Gamma Orionis at the moment and how we will be constantly scanning. We will not...however, be venturing any further into the sector seeing as we've suffered minor casualties already and if the Borg are ramping up their activity then we will be acting out of caution as to not suffer any fate that would have fallen upon the Ticonderoga or her captain.

If we do not find any sign then we will head for the rendezvous at the designated time."

Awarded:

Three of Seven stopped outside the door to her Commanding Officers quarter and pressed the chime...there was a short delay and Captain Mavendorf's voice bid her "Enter."

She stepped into a darkened room...the sole light source a dim red glow from an antique battle lantern on the far wall. She could dimly make out the form of her Captain seated at a desk. Since her return from the mirror universe and being assimilated by the Borg there...Captain Mavendorf had become a solitary and withdrawn woman. it broke Three's heart to see her like this. "Captain...we will be arriving in Gamma Orionis space in fifteen standard minutes."

"Very good Number One...I will be joining you on the bridge shortly...go to yellow alert before we drop out of warp if you please." Mavendorf replied calmly.

Three gave a subdued "Yes sir." and turned to leave.

"Number One?" Mavendorf's quiet voice stopped Three.

"Captain?"

"I just...wanted to thank you."

"For what Captain?" Three asked, puzzled by the unexpected turn in the conversation.

"For...for coming after me...like you did." Mavendorf said slowly.

"How could I not?" Three asked softly, "I...I told you before...before the incident how I felt."

"I have not forgotten." Mavendorf said, "But I was remiss to not thank you before now...and once we find the Ticonderoga...I believe we have much that needs to be discussed."

"As you say Captain." Three replied "Past events should have shown you that delays in saying things that need said often make if...problematic to do so."

"True...but in light of all that transpired...I find I needed time...to sort out what I feel...versus what I think I feel...and what is...and is not...right." Mavendorf explained as she stood "But for now...duty calls."

"Duty calls Captain...indeed." Three stepped out the door and as it slid shut behind her...for the first time since her Captain haad been taken...she allowed herself a glimmer of hope. She squared her shoulders and strode purposefully to the turbolift.

USS Iapetus
NCC-93716
Rhode Island Class
Gerron Vek Commanding

"They should pull through Captain." Dr. Drahd announced with a smile. The Bolian began to gesticulate wildly as he continued. "I learned a new method for cell regeneration while I was at the medical conference on Vulcan. Dr. Solvek, pioneered the research into..."

Captain Gerron waved him off with a smile, "Another time Doctor. Thanks for the update." He then turned to leave looking relieved. As he left Sickbay Two Andorians and a Trill fell into step behind him. The Female Andorian Spoke up first. "How are they?"

Gerron looked at the other officers with mild annoyance at being ambushed, "He says they should pull through." Gerron stoped in front of the Turbolift for a few seconds and entered when it opened up. The other officers followed him in. "Bridge" He commanded and the Turbolift instantly started moving. "What I want to know is why the new technology failed." He turns and looks at the Andorian man.

Lt. Beneb furrowed his brow and shook his head in denial, "The Tech worked fine. Better than the simulations in fact. It wasn't us." The large engineer then turned his gaze to the Trill. "It was probably operator error."

Lt. Jaril heaved a sigh "It is possible. Ensign Tebinog and I haven't had a lot of practice with the Displacer. The Gorn ship was still able to detect us somehow. He simply guessed right and followed us strait to the shuttle. We're lucky he wasn't actually shooting directly at the thing."

Beneb rolled his eyes at the mention of Tebinog but held his tongue as the Turbolift doors opened up onto the bridge. As the four entered a Young trill woman stood from the Captains seat "Engineering reports that repairs should be finished within the hour. We have resumed course for Deep Space Nine and have no Sensor contacts at this time." Lt Ziro then stood aside.

Gerron gave the woman a nod. A Crewman then spoke up. "Sir, I'm receiving an Urgent message on the comm channel set aside for the 7th fleet."

Gerron again nodded and said, "Send it to my Ready room." and then left to take the message. Several minutes later he emerged and turned to the Tellarite manning the Conn. "Crewman Alter course for the Transwarp Conduit to Gamma Orionis and engage." He then pressed a button on the arm of his chair and ordered the senior officers to the Conference room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The monitor clicked off after playing the last message received from the Ticonderoga. "Admiral p'Rett has ordered all available ships from the 7th to form up in Gamma Orionis in an effort to recover the Ticonderoga."

Beneb shook his head and interrupted "That's insane. Excuse me sir but we are heading into Borg Central to find a ship the Borg have already caught? I don't mean to be cold, I hate to even say it, but its too late. This will just make a bad situation worse by going in there."

Gerron gave half a shrug. "Admiral p'Rett appears to disagree."

Benev continued "p'Rett....We aren't even officially part of the fleet yet. We only just received the orders to join the fleet, We've not reported in. He can't possibly want us as well. We haven't been integrated into the fleet yet."

Gerron glowered at Beneb and said "Well the guy we are supposed to report to is in Gamma Orionis fending off about a million Borg. We are going. It isn't up for discussion. I know it's dangerous. We haven't had to face the Borg yet." He pauses and gives a meaningful look to an Andorian woman, "At least not connected ones. I need for you all to drill your departments on proper anti borg tactics. Also, as Mr Beneb pointed out, We haven't been integrated into the fleet yet. I want to be able to recommend a plan to help get the admiral integrate us in a hurry."

Ensign Tebinog, A Large Pakled man at the other end of the conference room, furrowed his brow in concentration. "The Borg are strong. We are not strong." He paused for a couple seconds before a dumb grin spreads across his face "We are fast. We can see things and we are sneaky."

Lt Ziro spoke up, "That is something this ship could do well. The rest of the fleet will likely have a lot of large cruisers. We can cover more ground while remaining undetected."

The Pakleds grin faded "No reason to though. We are not strong. We cannot fight the Borg."

Gerron said "We won't have to fight the Borg."

The Pakled again furrowed his brow for a few moments before smiling brightly as he said "Fleet is strong. We can be sneaky and get to the planet. Find a safe route through. We can then monitor the borg while the Fleet catches up."

Dr Drahd interrupted, "We aren't that sneaky. I have five patients in Sickbay who can vouch for that. Besides from what I understand that little parlor trick you guys do only last a few seconds."

Ziro piped up, "Half of the trick is masking our energy signature. I learned several ways to do that at the Academy without the aid of a holographic projection to confuse sensors. I think I could learn to do it again. We would be exposed if detected though and we would be running at low power. It should work since the Borg don't like to waste energy. Although would be detected once the main fleet arrives and they start actively looking for threats."

Gerron "That's where our little trick would come in handy." He turns his gaze to Jiral and then to Tebinog, "Can you guys make it work?"

Tebinog turns to Jiral and shrugs "It must work. We will make it work. We will practice."

Jiral nodded in agreement. "The technology works It's just a timing issue. I'm sure we can get it nailed down before we need to use it again.

Gerron nods, "Then make it so. Drill your departments. WE can't afford any errors. Dismissed" The officers all stood and began to leave leaving only Gerron and Tozla behind. "Is something wrong?"

She gave half a laugh, "Other than all of this. We are ridiculously outgunned. Not just this ship but the fleet."

Gerron smirked and said "I've been outgunned most of my life but they haven't got rid of me yet."

Tozla nodded and said, "I remember hearing first hand accounts of some of the battles during the dominion war. It seems like we were always outgunned even with the odd miracle or two. The strange thing was it seemed like the only time we ever got anywhere during that war was when we acted more like a scalpel than a sledgehammer."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Once a Small Star Fleet strike group actually used a captured Jem Hadar ship to cripple the Enemy here in the Alpha quadrant. Then there was the time our entire fleet was pounding up against the Dominion fleet until Captain Sisko managed to break through and do who knows what to their reinforcements."

Gerron shrugged "He was...is the Emissary. What is your point?"

"My point is it doesn't make sense to risk so much when something small would work just as well if not better."

"I'm not going to be able to convince the prophets to remove the Borg if that is what you are thinking. Doing it against the Dominion was a mixed blessing as it was and they only responded to Sisko."

She grew agitated and shook her head "No, no. That isn't what I'm saying. If we can really do all those things Jiral and Ziro say we can do. Then why send the entire fleet. IF we can get that close then we can transport a strike team to get in. Extract whoever is left and get out using the Photonic Displacer. We would be risking far less that way. Well...not us specifically but there is no need to risk so many lives."

Gerron mulled the idea over in his head before responding. "I have a feeling the Admiral is thinking to rescue the ship as well but I'll add your idea as an alternative to what we already have drawn up."

She smiled, "Thank you sir. I should get to work." band then headed out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Transwarp Transit in 5...4...3...2...1..." The ship rocks slightly as it is thrown several hundred light years. "We have arrived in Gamma Orionis. Several ships have already arrived including the Phalanx."

Gerron nods and says, "Transmit to Admiral p'Rett. Inform him of our plan and that we are standing by."
EvildeadXL
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Lieutenant Commander Hammond walked down the gleaming starship corridor. He was surveying his newest crew and ship, the U.S.S. Retribution. The ship was one of Starfleet’s newest heavy escorts modeled after the old Akira platform.

Hammond always made it a point to get to know every nook and cranny of the ships under his command, as well as learn every face and name of the crew under him. Having just returned from Starfleet’s Advanced Weapons and Tactics Academy, there were a lot of young faces and new names with which to acquaint himself.

At the end of the corridor, he entered a turbo lift. “Bridge.” He ordered.  Something felt different. Aside from the fact that he was on an unfamiliar ship, he still had a feeling he couldn’t quite place. Something was missing.  He realized that the feeling was from a lack of noise coming from the turbo lift. His last ship, the U.S.S. Walking Dead, had a faint but notorious buzzing noise in her turbo lifts.

LtCmdr Hammond had commanded every version of the Walking Dead since the very first Miranda class was christened. As much as the old Enterprise has been James Kirk’s “baby”, the Walking Dead was his. The latest Defiant class ship was currently laid up in space dock. Hammond felt a tinge of guilt for pushing his girl too hard. The Walking Dead had already been heavily damaged prior to the Deferi Invasion campaign. After multiple ferocious battles in Defera’s orbit with multiple Borg ships, she had hit the wall. Although victorious, Borg tractor beams had caused enough hull stress to twist the ships substructure by two full degrees.  This had caused the dilithium containment chamber to crack, resulting in a near catastrophe. The ship came within mere moments of a full warp core breach, if not for the skill and quick reaction of the ships engineering teams.  After being towed to Earth Spacedock, the Walking Dead was undergoing an intensive inspection from port to starboard, and bow to stern to see if she can be repaired or salvaged.

As the turbo lift doors opened, Lt Santiago called out “Atten-HUT! Captain on the Bridge!” Lt Santiago was the ships Chief Engineer.  He had served with LtCmdr Hammond since before each had joined Starfleet. They had both served as Corporals in Earth’s MACO Battalions.

“Carry on” Hammond replied. “Sir, you have an urgent comm from 7th Fleet HQ.” The duty Comm Officer reported. “Very well, put it onscreen”, he replied.

“This is Rear Admiral p’Rett. All available hands are to make best speed to the Gamma Orionis sector and engage in SAR operations for Fleet Admiral Fortin and the Ticonderoga. No exceptions – this is an All Hands alert. I expect full compliance.  p’Rett out.”

Before the viewscreen went blank, LtCmdr Hammond began issuing orders. “Helm, lay in a course for Gamma Orionis, maximum warp.” “ Lt Santiago, order all hands to yellow alert and get down to engineering. I want all systems at peak efficiency before we hit the transwarp hub.” “ Tactical, run a diagnostic on all of our frequency remodulators.”

Everyone felt the ship pulse as the experimental slipstream drive engaged and pushed the ship through subspace racing towards its destination.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: