View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Fleet Tasks - Focus - MILITARY

I logged in this morning and saw we were pending 2 engineering and 1 science task. Please read below:

Fleet Admiral Fortin made the determination, after looking at the recent poll results, that we would focus on Military (over Engineering/Science).

That being said, please do not change the pending task from anything but Military (assuming a military one is actually available, if military is not available, use your best judgement until further guidance is published). Once the cool-down timer on an active project completes, and the pending project becomes active, there is no way to change it (even if no one had contributed yet)

Although not the fleet's priority, we will complete science and engineering projects as well, just not at the same pace.

The boss was gracious enough to give the rank of "Captain" and above the ability to manage fleet tasks/holdings and I am certain if that privilege is abused it will be taken away.

While I have a vested interest in us getting to Shipyard 3 ASAP I think we should at the very least make Transwarp gate 1 a secondary objective. Being able to warp to the Starbase without mucking through Eta would be really nice.
Runaz

ThomasMarik wrote:
While I have a vested interest in us getting to Shipyard 3 ASAP I think we should at the very least make Transwarp gate 1 a secondary objective. Being able to warp to the Starbase without mucking through Eta would be really nice.

this does make a lot of brain things click :D

haha not surprised that happened.

I would like to add to what Jason said by if you pick a mission, that you pick one that is the easiest and cheapest for the whole of the fleet to complete.

Shoot yourself if you picked the current refugee mission, unless you have all of them

Awarded:

I'd like to keep us alternating the third project between science and engineering.

Awarded:

HuckabeeNC wrote:
Shoot yourself if you picked the current refugee mission, unless you have all of them

Ya let's not do this one again, ever. Refugees are hard enough to come by as it is, never mind green or blue quality ones. We may have to pull some funds to buy those off the exchange just to clear that thing off our log.

Awarded:

Refugies? WTF

Let me check the exchange and see what I can find...brb

Update: We are currently short 31 common. Folks have already contributed the rest.

Common Refugees are running at 200k plus

Last edited by Jason32 on 07/14/12 16:20; edited 4 times in total
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

RIght now the lowest green ref's are 1.75m and the lowest blue is 2.3m

Awarded:

We can give it tonight and see if folks that log on later have some stashed away, but once the rest of it gets closed out, we'll need to borrow from the bank to close it out. If my math is right, it will cost us about 9.9 million to pick up the common refugees (assuming no more or bought/sold on the exchange and no one else contributes)

Hau, what do you think?
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

This is why I said whoever picked this assignment without looking ahead should be shot mad

Awarded:

Jason32 wrote:
We can give it tonight and see if folks that log on later have some stashed away, but once the rest of it gets closed out, we'll need to borrow from the bank to close it out. If my math is right, it will cost us about 9.9 million to pick up the common refugees (assuming no more or bought/sold on the exchange and no one else contributes)

Hau, what do you think?

Personal opinion - wait until the fleet marks section gets filled. That should give us some time to scrounge some more before it becomes really necessary to pull from fleet funds.

Any little bit we can save is gonna help. We don't know what things are gonna look like months from now when we're into higher tiers.

I dont really know how to purposely go out and get refuges. What doff missions should I be looking for?
Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
Jason32 wrote:

Hau, what do you think?

Personal opinion - wait until the fleet marks section gets filled. That should give us some time to scrounge some more before it becomes really necessary to pull from fleet funds.

Any little bit we can save is gonna help. We don't know what things are gonna look like months from now when we're into higher tiers.

Yea, that's what was thinking. If we have a turnout tonight like we had last night, the fleet marks for this task will get filled pretty quickly.
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

ThomasMarik wrote:
I dont really know how to purposely go out and get refuges. What doff missions should I be looking for?

They can come from Civil Corps Recruitment at Starfleet Academy, though that is random - you may not get one. They should also come from 'Support <sectorname> Colonization Efforts' assignments, which are rare missions located in exploration clusters; i.e. Delta Volanis, Gamma Orionis, etc. However, I believe these particular missions are only available if you have completed the Renown chain for the given exploration cluster.

The problem isn't just that they can be hard to come by. Rarity is not the only reason they're valuable - they can be held and exchanged on other Doff assignments for high quality officers. I've acquired two purple and one blue doff exchanging refugees on Asylum missions.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: