Forum Image

Forum Image

OVERALL CLASSIFICATION: SECRET

HQ, 7th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
Starbase Solrac Yatug, UFP
072207R January 2413

7th Fleet OPORD “Operation Dilithium Fiscal Cliff”

References:

a. VOCO, Fleet Admiral, Commander, 7th Fleet.

Time Zone Used Throughout the OPORD: ROMEO (GMT -5)

1. Situation. Since Season 7 went live on 13 November 2413, the value of dilithium has dramatically increased ( ~45%). Many of our personal projects with the Omega and Romulan Reputation systems require significant amounts of dilithium not to mention purchasing items from the fleet armory and shipyard. Dilithium has now become the commodity in demand the most and requires fleet attention to be successful.

2. Mission. 7th Fleet will seek and gather as much dilithium as possible on 11-12 & 25-26 (18-19 KDF only) January 2413 at 2030hrs EST in order to set the conditions for long term financial, tactical, operational and strategic success for the United Federation of Planets. (Expect the details for 18-19 Jan and 25-26 Jan to be published this weekend).

3. Execution.

a. Commander’s Intent. 7th Fleet will form as a cohesive unit and leverage all available experience and ingenuity in order to gather and refine the necessary dilithium to maintain our current success across the galaxy.

b. Concept of Operations. This is a unique fleet event in where fleet members will be allowed to choose their series of missions that fit their play style while achieving the overall goals of the fleet in gathering dilithium.

Once everyone arrives at SB643 at 2030hrs EST each night, starship Captains will be given the opportunity of 2 different play-style options for the night: Option A and Option B.

Option A will consist of grinding dilithium on PvP ground maps in a unique method discovered by CAPT Ganoslal. Fleet members that choose Option A will be divided into teams. Team “Target” and Team “Shooter.” Team “Target” will remove their personal shields and armor and stand in a small group doing nothing while Team “Shooter” comes in and quick kills the targets to end the match. You will complete this 3 times which will then reward 1440 dilithium. Teams can continue to do this grind until they get tired or there are not enough members to complete the mission. A quick team of players can easily pick up ~ 14,000 dilithium in one hour conducting this method.

Option B is a more traditional approach that will allow members to move across the galaxy conducting a series of space and ground mission that reward dilithium. The missions include:

• The Deferi Series (2400 dilithium total – from 3 separate missions)
• Traelus Satellite Repair (480 dilithium)
• Sh’mar Distress Signal (480 dilithium)
• Investigate Officer Reports (960 dilithium + 50 fleet marks)

Option B will allow for 4320 in dilithium and 50 fleet marks. Each option had pros and cons to both. Option A generates larger amounts of dilithium while being a true grind and overly boring. Option B produces less dilithium but has a variety of missions. It will be up to you, which option you choose as both options will be run at the same time by senior fleet members.

Keep in mind, if you are a lower rank captain, you may not be able to select Option B because you do not have access to those missions yet, but we can play that by ear.
As always, voice comms are highly recommended as it helps with determining which option you want and what you need to do as a team to be overall successful.

c. Tasks to Staff.

(1) Communication Officer. Create or reuse an event graphic advertising the fleet event and post to the 7th Fleet website NLT 10 November 2413.

(2) Fleet Financial Officer. Provide fleet funds for outfitting ships and skills necessary as deemed appropriate. Fleet member may request funds from the FFO to help outfit ships for the operation.

(3) Public Affairs. Gain support from allied fleets, if possible.

(4) Chief Engineer. Assist fleet members in gaining efficiency and rectifying computer issues prior to the operation. The missions are not very difficult, but can be challenging for some younger players.

(5) Chief of Operations.

(a) Form the plan of action and strategy for the overall mission.

(b) Conduct the mission briefing each night at 2030hrs EST and designate team captains.

(e) Conduct the fleet AAR for future dilithium events and publish the AAR results.

d. Tasks to Subordinate Units.

(1) Fleet Forces.

(a) Report to SB643 NLT 2030hrs EST (GMT -5) each night for mission briefings and option selection.

(b) Bring a cold, drink…should be a relaxing event where we can socialize and make a considerable amount of dilithium.

e. Coordinating Instructions.

(1) What you do with your dilithium is your decision. NO ONE IN THIS FLEET WILL EVER DIRECT YOU TO SPEND YOUR DILITHIUM ON FLEET PROJECTS! If you feel so incline to donate to a starbase or embassy project, by all means, feel free, but IT IS NOT MANDATORY! What you do with your dilithium is your decision.

4. Sustainment. Refer all requests for fleet resources to the Fleet Financial Officer.

5. Command and Signal.

a. Command. Fleet Admiral, 7th Fleet will be located onboard the U.S.S. Ticonderoga. Deputy Commander, 7th Fleet, will be located onboard the U.S.S. Midway.

b. Control. All controlled fires will be coordinated through voice communication.

c. Signal.

(1). All questions should be directed to the Fleet Operations Officer via voice communications or message on the Fleet website.

ACKNOWLEDGE:

No Man Left Behind!

FORTIN
FADM

OFFICIAL:

SMITH
Chief of Operations

DISTRIBUTION:
Fleet Task Forces
Fleet Forces

Last edited by Jason32 on 01/14/13 21:28; edited 2 times in total
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: OPERATION DILITHIUM FISCAL CLIFF

Quote:
Option A will consist of grinding dilithium on PvP ground maps in a unique method discovered by CAPT Ganoslal. Fleet members that choose Option A will be divided into teams. Team “Target” and Team “Shooter.” Team “Target” will remove their personal shields and armor and stand in a small group doing nothing while Team “Shooter” comes in and quick kills the targets to end the match. You will complete this 3 times which will then reward 1440 dilithium. Teams can continue to do this grind until they get tired or there are not enough members to complete the mission. A quick team of players can easily pick up ~ 14,000 dilithium in one hour conducting this method.

After reading this excerpt, this sounds very much like Cryptic could count this option as an Exploit. I have seen many times where something like this pops up, and via PvP, with one team standing down to let the other team "Farm", both teams end up with a Game Perma-Ban, due to whatever company deciding it was an exploit.

Granted cryptic may never deem it an exploit, but it COULD happen.

Awarded:

I will bring this concern to the FADM and DC for their decision. Thanks for the input.

re: Option C?

I know this KDF Captain who has agreed to do the 4 Defense missions on the KDF side. We're calling it 'good faith' cooperation in a time of conflict. Each mission awards 1,440 Dilithium and all four can be completed in well under an hour. My biggest problem has been the 8k per day limit on refining. After completing my Reputation chain, I have the unrefined Dilithium, just not the ability to get it all refined. I will focus more attention now on the Fleet Projects when I do get it refined.

Also of note are the STF Elite missions that can be run 24/7. With option they award 960 Dilithium each, as well as providing the Omega Marks we all want these days for Reputation projects.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Work schedule prevents participation...as usual

Objective received!

as far as i know ill be there wife is working

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not but I'll be working myself.

Awarded:

Sadly, I will be working. On a good note, this is the last week that I'll be working this schedule and can attend future events!

Awarded:

i was not able 2 join in at the scheduled time, however, i will submit the dilithium i collect over the upcoming week to the fleet coffers for internal use. i hope this makes ammends 4 my absence.

"No Horizon, Too Distant"
Dr. Collin McGee
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

i wasn't sure where 2 deposit the D. ore is i dumped in2 an embassy project. it was 1039. is there a better or different way 2 transfer assets?

"No Horizon, Too Distant"
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

kid3366 wrote:
i wasn't sure where 2 deposit the D. ore is i dumped in2 an embassy project. it was 1039. is there a better or different way 2 transfer assets?

Nope you did fine. There is no way to transfer dilithium. The drive this wekend was for personal use (some members dumped it into projects like you did, some did not).

Jump to: