View previous topic :: View next topic  
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Captains Log: U.S.S. Michigan

// Project TUEBOR
// Classified Sec-III, Captain Marcus Greenhaven

Forum Image

Captains Log, Stardate 2413.129. I have finally managed to convince Starfleet Intelligence to quietly move one of the outdated Jem'hadar Dreadnought Carriers into my care. After many months of planning, we have a good part of her crew onboard. Most of these fine officers are of course assigned to other ships still on the frontier.

We have christened this behemoth of a ship the U.S.S. Michigan, NX-727727. My first officer suggested the name, as it has a relationship to my Flagship, The Mackinaw. My First officer is something of a History Buff, and stated that the Michigan was the first or second "true" dreadnought built by the United States Navy, while the Original U.S.S. Michigan was the first Iron Clad sailing ship in the world.

Michigan has been moved to Starbase 643, while under heavy cloak on loan from the Romulans. My agreement with the Romulans does not allow me to keep a permanent cloak on board, though she will have a Short Term, Emergency cloaking generator.

Forum Image

Refit of the Michigan has begun. The Romulans were kind enough to send a large team of experts to begin outfitting the Michigan with everything they can spare. Once they complete the refit, the Michigan should be an unstoppable might on the battlefield.

While the Mackinaw will still be used as my flagship and general purpose vessel, The Michigan will be around to defend the liberties of the Federation.

"TUEBOR: I Will Defend"

Awarded:

Captains Log, Stardate 2413.311. This is the first non-classified log i have been able to record in almost 2 months. Work on the Michigan is.... Taxing. As soon as we figure out where one system is breaking down, another goes offline.

My engineering team has been working double shifts, with help from the Romulans, Vulcans, and a large group sent by Utopia Planitia and the SCE. I am proud to say that within a few days, we can begin shakedown trials.

I am pleased that our new A.J.A.S Wings arrived the other day. 2 Wings of Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ships should be a godsend in the coming battles. The classification on these new ships is so strict, most of my crew don't even know what they are capable of. Heck, i don't even know who else has access to the A.J.A.S.

On Station testing is set for today. I am hoping we can take the big gal out and strut her stuff, but a refit this extensive can have its drawbacks. Time will only tell.

Awarded:

Captain's Log, Stardate 2413.314.

We successfully completed our shakedown cruise today. We are in High Orbit of Planet Earth. Apparently someone failed to mention that this shiny new Dreadnought Carrier is actually too big to fit in Sol Starbase.

To make matters worse, Starfleet has only 2 Stardocks large enough to refit the Michigan if the need should arise. Lucky for us, one of these docks is located at SB643, while the other is in the Sol System.

We still have a few systems on the fritz, and many of the new Romulan Weapons are currently offline. I am glad the Jem'Hadar believe in redundancy, we have so many backup polaron arrays that we wont have any issues in combat.

An old friend has asked for assistance, so we are setting a course for New Romulus.

Last edited by xivim on 03/16/13 6:30; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Captains Log, Supplemental.

Starfleet Command has "requested" some detailed schematics of the Michigan, and asked that i send them with my next Log Upload. I am attaching the required information to this log.

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Awarded:

Captains Log, Stardate 2413.316

We intercepted a fleet of Rebel Gorn ships attacking a Romulan patrol in the Gamma Eridon system. My Tactical officer and Wing Commander have been itching to put the Michigan and her squadrons of A.J.A.S. to the test. I am proud to report she performed beyond all expectations.

We only nailed down the problem with Tractor Emitter System the other day, and our ability to use the Tractors to lock a ship down while the AJAS pounce from the side was a great boon to the battle. We did lose an emitter in the process, but my chief engineer feels he can sort the issue out in no time.

We also put the new Quantum Singularity Generator to the test. While the cloak does not last for very long, and the re-initialization sequence can be quite lengthy, the ability to fire our weapons while cloaked was astounding. I only hope the Romulans can find a way to make the effect last longer.

The Gamma Eridon system has been cleared of Rebel Gorn, and with no loss of life. One of our AJAS will be out of commission for close to a week, but the Michigan carries an extra 8 AJAS should any break down in the course of battle.

I received a correspondence from an old friend on New Romulus. He wants me to look at a new Deflector system the Romulans have been developing. We have set a course, and should arrive within 4 hours.

Jump to: