View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revan Majere

re: Captains Log: U.S.S. Hyperion

The captain was sitting in his ready room, lights turned to minimal levels. For long moments he sat in his chair, looking out his window into the depth of space.

Finally he said: “Computer, Captains personal log. Stardate….” He stopped for a couple of seconds thinking. “….Stardate 9056.24.”

“If someone would have told me this story a couple of month ago I would have had him double and triple checked for mental instability by our doctor. Just a few weeks ago I was assigned to the U.S.S. Hyperion-D, a Sovereign Class Assault cruiser. One member of my crew, My First Officer, is a liberated Borg, her Name is “Thirteen”. I am guessing that was one of the reasons why this ship, and its new captain, was chosen to test run some Borg equipment the federation wishes to adapt into our own technology. We were ordered to integrate those systems into the Hyperion and run a few simple standard missions to monitor performance.

Everything was running very smoothly. Warp, Impulse and even shield systems were working at a significantly increased rate. We were in the “Risa” Sector, running an engine checkup, when it happened. As it seems the Borg equipment was still sending a subspace signal, broadcasting our location and the Borg were not too happy that we were “assimilating” their technology. We do not know how they blocked our long range scanners, maybe the Borg technology was still interfering, but a Borg cube was dropping, not 50km away from our position, out of Warp.

When I saw the two Borg Cubes on the screen adrenalin started rushing through my veins.
Even though the Hyperion-D was a very well equipped ship and as an Assault cruiser it could also take a heavy beaten before going down, I was definitely not prepared for this fight and though was not going to seek battle. I would not sacrifice my crew in this impossible battle.

The Borg were hailing us “Lower your shields and surrender your ship. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile”
The Adrenalin was pumping through my veins and doing its work. “Red Alert! Get the shields up asap!” I gave the orders, the studied routines of the standard battle tactics, rehearse countless times in my time as first officer and at the academy. “Fire at Will” “Emergency Power to the Engines! Get us out of here Lieutenant Diana!”

It wasn’t going fast enough. The Borg were closing on us fast. Their plasma beams first cracking the shield and then a Torpedo hit to the engine deck. Everything was going very fast. Hull breaches, heavy casualty reports from all Decks. Thirteen reported that the Warp core sustained heavy damage and that life support was about to fail on all Decks. I had a plan in mind and had my science Officer Pull, scan for nearby planets. We were very lucky and a Class M planet was within range. We barely made it to the system and I ordered Thirteen to eject the warp core on my mark.
The crew evacuated, with coordinates where to rendezvous (assuming the plan worked), while my Bride Officers and myself stayed behind to drag the cube away from the escape pods. We ejected the core and blew it the moment it got close enough to the Cube.

After that most our systems failed. At that point I didn’t know what happened to the cubes, the only thing I did know was that we were hurling towards the planet, with barely enough of our ship left to stir it. Officer Diana, on flight control, was working all her magic to keep the Hyperion from falling apart while entering the atmosphere, while at the same time guiding us to the general direction of the landing coordinates.
I can vividly remember the seconds before the impact; it was like time was slowing down. But I do not remember the impact itself anymore."
Revan Majere

re: Captains Log: U.S.S. Hyperion

I remember that when I regained consciousness every part of my body was hurting. My vision was blurry and when I opened my eyes I could feel warm blood running down my face, most likely from the deep cut that was throbbing above my right eye.

Judging by the state of the bride I was sure that the Hyperion was in a rather bad shape. Small fires were burning everywhere, beams collapsed from the ceiling and the smell of exploded plasma conduits was hanging in the air.

I found that Thirteen had just regained consciousness as well and was checking on Officer Tod. His leg was stuck under one of the collapsed beams.
Thirteen herself had small plasma burns on her back but I was surprised to find that all other bridge officers came out of this encounter relatively Unharmed, minor cuts, some bruised ribs but that was about it.
Our medial Officer took care of Officer Tod and performed other first aid treatment on those who needed it.
Afterwards we made our way out of the ship. I don’t think I will ever forget that sight.
Half the saucers section of the Hyperion was buried in the earth. Hull breaches spanning nearly the entire length of the ship and it seems that on our way down we lost one entire Nacelle.

The Hyperion was no longer in any shape to get us home and without knowing what happened to the Borg cubes it was too risky to send out a distress signal.

First things first though, to our surprise we were not a days march away from the landing coordinates that I gave to the rest of the crew while evacuating.
I made a mental note to give Officer Diana a commendation for her flying skills but then again if we actually all survived this mission I was pretty sure that all of them would receive commendations.

Day and night cycle of the planet we were stranded on seemed to be very similar to that of earth except a day/night cycle took around 30h to complete. Judging by the position of the sun we still had a couple of hours of daylight left, so I decided that we should try to make our way to the rendezvous point.

I wasn’t surprised when half way to the landing coordinates we already encountered a scouting party from the rest of the crew. They had already set up camp and were treating the wounded.
When we finally arrived at the camp I ordered a full count of the survivors and all available supplies.

We had plenty of supplies, but of the original 800 crew only a mere 237 were left alive. With this knowledge heavy on my mind I ordered everyone, except for a night security team, to rest and treat their wounds. These last few hours would stay with us all for a very long time.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: