View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Captain's Log USS Leyte Gulf

*Begin recording*

"Captain's log, USS Leyte Gulf, Captain Cleopatra Mavendorf commanding. Stardate 90805.15. The Leyte Gulf has arrived in the Tau Dewa sector in accordance with our current orders. We are to patrol, assist the new Romulan Government in any way possible...and generally make ourselves useful.

The ship and crew are 100% mission ready...our last refit brought the ship up to the new Regent Class standards...though with the number of Borg adaptions we have incorporated I suspect we may actually surpass a Regent in performance...time will tell I suppose. The crew is an interesting mix of veterans and replacements...the last cruise and fight against the Borg cost me nearly half the crew...many of whom...whom...shall be remembered for their courage in preventing the loss of the ship by assimilation"

A pause ensues while Captain Mavendorf focuses her attention on something off camera. After several seconds she resumes

"My bridge crew remains intact...with a couple of promotions...though I do have a new ship's Doctor...we have only met briefly...it's a bit difficult to carry on small talk and get to know someone when she is busy doing a complete physical and...I believe the term is 'geeking out' over my Borg implants. Apparently I'm the first Borg assimilation survivor she's dealt with."

Captain Mavendorf pauses to take a drink from a coffee cup on her desk before continuing

"Our first order of business will be to patrol the major planetary systems and get a feel for the sector...learn the lay of the land so to speak. I expect no difficulties with this..but one can never be completely sure of anything in space."

*End recording*

Awarded:

*begin recording*

"Captain's log USS Leyte Gulf, Captain Cleopatra Mavendorf commanding. Stardate 90805.16. Our first patrol of the Beta Thoridor System resulted in fight with a force of what after reviewing data recording...would seem to be a rogue faction of the Klingon Empire. When we arrived in the system we immediately recieved a hail from a group of Romulan ships requesting assistance. Sensors indicated they were under attack by a small fleet of some 6 vessels led by a Vorcha class cruiser."

Captain Mavendorf pauses while she review some notes on her PADD

"We hailed the Klingons and received no response..aside from the Vorcha targeting us. We engaged the Klingon vessels which resulted in their destruction...the Gulf received monor damage that has since been repaired."

She pauses again to gather her thoughts

"I am unsure exactly what the Klingons were doing here...why they didn't answer our hails...why they attacked us...why they did not disengage...much about the incident makes little sense...I have too little data to attempt to postulate any sort of theory as to what exactly this incident means...perhaps it was simply a rogue group that bit off more than they could chew...perhaps they were a covert element sent to test Romulan defenses...perhaps..perhaps...until I can gather more data perhaps covers far too much for me to speculate on further."

*end recording*

Awarded:

Begin recording

Captain's personal Log...Cleopatra Mavendorf...formerly Commanding USS Leyte Gulf...currently assigned to Starbase 643 as Liason Officer to the Borg Cooperative...It has been a year since I took up this assignment and the break from commanding a starship has refreshed and reenergised me. My time working with the cooperative was both interesting and enlightening...but now I find myself desiring to return to active command of a starship...something I hope Starfleet in it's infinite wisdom will grant...with the war with the Iconions heating up I am hoping they will take experienced captains into consideration for command...my latest orders have me reporting to Earth Space Dock...hopefully to be given a command.

End recording

Jump to: