View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Star Citizen and the 7th.

Huckabee40 wrote:

This thread is old.  My idea was not accepted or considered to my knowledge based on the sheer fact it wasn't really acknowledged.  Group 7 Galactic is the fleet's Star Citizen branch, which you will find a section for any future post on the game.  It was created after I gave up on my idea and everyone suddenly was interested in the game and making a group and then proceeded to give the rest of us crap after we had already joined a group who operated on the idea I proposed.

Holding hand up in shame.  I remember when Capt Huck brought this to the attention of the fleet - "crowd funding?" - what the heck is that and who was Chris Roberts.  I remember having Wing Commander (?) and it being very buggy; so I moved on.   It wasn't till two of my sons bought it up and gave me an education to what "crowd funding" was and how it works.  This to a Dude that still uses a flip-phone and doesn't know how to "text."  Now I'm a High Admiral(+) and can't wait to get my rig, so I can at least learn to fly.  If I recall, there are over 1200 organizations now in Star Citizen. 

Capt Huck -- I'm holding an Aurora Package (with LTI) for you if you decide you want to join.  I have an Origin 890 and I need a pilot I can trust to fly the "Sweet Painted Lady."

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

7th Corp "The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father."

hehe

This really made my day when I saw it.  It's sorta what I want to do on Star Citizen.  Enjoy!

What's your story going to be?

Mark Speed
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Has anyone else joined CCSG3?  I've joined the 7th Fleet's group in Star Citizen plus one other than invited me due to being in the 7th Fleet (don't even recall who), and am leery about joining a whole lot of groups I won't have time to be involved in.

Edward Hau

yes sir, there are quite a few of us in CSG3

Awarded:

Thanks!  Will definitely check it out.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Came across this in another forum.  Thought our "computer guys" would like this and us regular folks would like the pictures.   It's the graphics from a power-point presentation in which games developers from Star Citizen where invited.  

http://amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/Visual-Effects-in-Star-Citizen.ppsx

"I like to watch" - Chance, aka Chauncey Gardiner, played by Peter Sellers in  Being There, 1979

Cheers

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

100 GB just to run Star Citizen???  I have a Samsung 840EVO 250 GB SSD that will be dedicated just to Star Citizen.  Hopefully, that will take care of needs for several years.

http://news.filehippo.com/2015/03/prepare-hard-drives-star-citizen-will-feature-100gb-content/

Cheers

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

An ode to Starfarer Captains:

"Lone, unfriended, bondless,
Lone --
Drink of loss 'till it is done,
'Till solitude has come and gone,
And silence is communion --
And yet,
Unfriended,
Bondless,
Lone."

Stephen R. Donaldson, 1977, The Illearth War, Chapter 9

Seems to me that all the "new" ships are getting all the love at RSI. 

Cheers, not.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Well, at long last, the Starfarer is here and going on sale.  Supposed to be a military one as well.  I'm now a happy camper.

"Faith Manages" - Delenn

Gerron Vek

I'm kinda in a situation where I have no dog in this fight.   Even if my computer could run Star Citizen Im not willing to put up with a game and updates that large.  My Internet connection just would never be able to keep up.   Even so I just wanted to comment on something you guys were talking about 2 years ago at the start of this thread. 

It would not be unheard of for the Star Citizen group to still be called 7th Fleet.  The story could go that our organization used to be a part of the formal Navy but due to cutbacks at some point in the past the official 7th fleet was mothballed.  Then Captains and crew who were suddenly without a job decided to band together as a Mercenary organization and kept 7th Fleet as their units name.   It would makes sense both from a name perspective and why we wouldn't have full naval assets at the start as well.  In terms of immersion It would explain the name, assets, and how the unit would interact with the world if it was a Mercenary organization.

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Got mine today! Just the standard version I did not want to go with the military Gemini version. 24 months insurance, 7 crew. Will be able to harvest, refine and refuel other vessels while underway, You can also modify to haul large cargo crates instead but lose the harvesting fuel capacity...

Awarded:

Great buy sir

Thinking of getting the StarFarer Gemini myself, Honestly depending on the Q&A I'm considering melting my Hull B (LTI) and Gladiator (LTI).

Having the ability to make money in game would allow me to purchase all other ships.  I feel its important to have ships within my fleet that would cover all aspect of gathering available resources.

Current Industrial Ships in my possession:

Orion (LTI) Mining

Reclaimer (LTI) Salvage

StarFarer, would complete this unit....

Captain John "SgtMaj" Shaft

Commanding Officer, Carrier Air Wing 3

Carrier Strike Group 3 (CSG3)

AUGERSON/USMC wrote:

Great buy sir

Thinking of getting the StarFarer Gemini myself, Honestly depending on the Q&A I'm considering melting my Hull B (LTI) and Gladiator (LTI).

Having the ability to make money in game would allow me to purchase all other ships.  I feel its important to have ships within my fleet that would cover all aspect of gathering available resources.

Current Industrial Ships in my possession:

Orion (LTI) Mining

Reclaimer (LTI) Salvage

StarFarer, would complete this unit....

Captain John "SgtMaj" Shaft

Commanding Officer, Carrier Air Wing 3

Carrier Strike Group 3 (CSG3)

Looks like a good plan to me, Sir.  Especially since you can get LTI with the Starfarer Gemini.  I went ahead and bought the "upgrade" package for my Starfarer; don't know if I will use it or not, but nice to have it in the bank.   From a revenue stream viewpoint, you will always be able to make the payroll with an active Starfarer.   And as Capt Huckabee will point out - you can only fly one at a time.  "The Gas must flow, or the ships won't go!"

Qapla'

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

In a world gone mad, it is nice to know that every now and then, someone's dream does come true. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/39j443/seriously_thank_you_rstarcitizen_you_guys_rock/

Qapla'

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Beyond the Galaxy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: