sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Operation: Ares 10

Forum Image

Forum Image

Last edited by sparrow794 on 10/01/13 13:55; edited 1 time in total

First games with me out of the picture, so you guys better be excited.

Sir,

Once Squadrons have been established, will there be a few minutes in order to plan for tactics and ship/console swaps? Victory is life, but life flavors the prepared.

Also, where are we meeting? May I suggest Drozana Station due to locations of Bank/exchange/bar/dablo table and ship's exchange. Also, both Fleet Starbases are located in that quadrant. DS9 is another option but the Ship's Exchange and Bank are on opposite ends of the Station.

Respectfully submitted:

CDR Smaug

"Thu'fir! What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Runaz

in the past fleet war-games we have met on the fleet starbase to pick our teams.for easy access to bank exchange etc. i sujust you transwarp to the base from drozana or your hub of choice, that way when you leave the base you'll load into orbit around your favorite shopping mall, err i mean social hub.

Wupteedo wrote:
Sir,

Once Squadrons have been established, will there be a few minutes in order to plan for tactics and ship/console swaps? Victory is life, but life flavors the prepared.

Also, where are we meeting? May I suggest Drozana Station due to locations of Bank/exchange/bar/dablo table and ship's exchange. Also, both Fleet Starbases are located in that quadrant. DS9 is another option but the Ship's Exchange and Bank are on opposite ends of the Station.

Respectfully submitted:

CDR Smaug

"Thu'fir! What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Last time we meet on Drozana for the very same reason so I imagine that might happen again. Usually you have time before the match to get ready and make some last minute changes. Just don't take over 5 mins doing so and you should be fine.

Awarded:

Wupteedo wrote:
Sir,

Respectfully submitted:

CDR Smaug

1. Negative, we will get right into combat. The reason being, we are doing the entire bracket in one night, so I want to get right to it. That means come prepared, not after team selection!

2. We are meeting at the Fleet Embassy. Drozona Station will never be an official meeting place for the 7th due to recent events.

Jason32 wrote:
2. We are meeting at the Fleet Embassy. Drozona Station will never be an official meeting place for the 7th due to recent events.

I'm curious.......explain.

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:
Jason32 wrote:

I'm curious.......explain.

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9665484&p=34523302&gid=84053#34523302bottom

ahhh ok, didn't think about that.

Awarded:

Btw - since we are doing the entire bracket on both nights now...we may have to look at separating this from the Bat'leth tournament. The main reason is time. This the first wargames (since I have been here) where we will do the entire bracket in one night. Depending on how long this process takes will determine if we can still also do the Bat'leth tournament as well within the same night.

If time becomes an issue, we can assign a separate weekend to the Bat'leth tournament...that way we aren't rushed and folks can enjoy themselves on the KDF side...because Bloodwine isn't going to drink itself!

Additionally, depending on how long this takes us on Friday night will determine if we use the same teams for both nights or do a separate team selection on Sat night. This is a trial weekend, so please remain flexible. Once this weekend is complete, I will create a thread for comments/suggestions/improvements that can be made for future wargames.

More to follow.

Depending on how it goes you might can switch to doing just 2 big teams. We did that for 2 wargames before back in the great exodus of SWTOR. We just did a set of 2 winners both nights. Would work.

Jump to: