View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
TrendorLeises

re: Science builds

I'll check it out. Thanks. 

Respeccing isn't an issue for me if that is needed. I have some unused tokens and can always get more.

I also have the Breen set, but I'm not sure if I want to focus on an energy drain build. I rather enjoy watching ships get sucked by gravity wells and the proc of an additional gravity well via a doff I have stationed. I forgot to show captain abilities and doffs I have. My traits are for both ground and space combat. I suppose I could just switch traits according to the mission and have something more specialized and possibly effective.

davisjm0311

I didn't change you from your grav well focus, but the JH set with the points you have in Flow caps along with changing  your feedback pulse to an energy syphon would give you a small amount of drain on top of what you already have. I mentioned the grav well doff in the notes.  Your build was already looking good, it's really just a matter of grinding out better quality gear over time...like I said I made some minor tweaks. I would recommend a respec to move a few points around...nothing wrong with what you have...just a tiny bit of optimization.  You may love it all or hate it all so just see what you think and hopefully some of it helps you.

TrendorLeises

That's what I get for replying before reading through everything. So, I retract, well, most of my other reply. :D

Grinding out gear is my main focus right now. I'm just not entirely sure which to grind first. With having the Breen set, would the Breen energy syphon be a boon to my build or the Jem'Hadar set be better off overall?

davisjm0311

out of the 2 I'd recommend the JH set. It's a pretty good resilient shield and gives a nice bonus to flow caps and a few others...and it gives bonus Polaron dmg if you decide to go that route.

TrendorLeises

Here's another noobish question: Doesn't quality of boff matter? And, what about traits?

TrendorLeises

Just thought of another question. What would be a good "end game" ship - fleet, lockbox, z-store, etc.

Edit: What's a good way to go about grinding rep? I've never made it a point to gain rep in STO. I'm looking to gain 500 Omega marks for Kinetic Cutting Beam Array.

Edit2: Anyone else feel free to post build, gear, loadout suggestions. I welcome them.

And, feel free to tell me to stop posting if I get annoying.

davisjm0311

as far as an end game ship the fleet variant of your current ship is a great science ship. There are many lockbox and lobi ships to choose from and it depends on what you plan to do as to the ship, but I can only think of one or two decent lockbox science ships...temporal science ship and the elachi palisade...you're probably better off sticking with a good fleet ship. BOFF quality matters only in the traits the BOFF can have. As a Romulan I would recommend getting as many of your bridge officers as you can with a Romulan trait called Superior Romulan Operative. Usually I would say to get a Reman with the Ambush?...not sure on name trait, but as a Science Captain this isn't as important of a trait.  The best way for the most part is STF's with an exception or two for the Romulan and Dyson Reps.

I'll be in vent in the next 5-10 minutes if you want some faster and more detailed responses.

TrendorLeises

Holy smokes these boffs are expensive. Gonna be a while before I have all of them. Sheesh.

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

TrendorLeises wrote:

Huckabee, not trying to hijack your thread!

You're fine, all you did was bring life to it. 

U.S.S. Carolina - that's the build I've went with.  I went with Aegis for shield boost and defense boost....and honestly just to try.  Works good.  I've been pulling 1st and 2nd's in Fleet actions regularly with it, but keep in mind I'm a Tactical in the ship and not a full science.  I run x2 conn doffs for Tac team cooldown, x2 shield distribution doffs for brace for impact, and just 1 grav scientist for grav well aftershock chance.

Besides this post toward you, I'm not really posting anymore anyway.  Apparently when you try to express your opinion and back up lower, non-command members' concerns when they express them in post not specific to the OP.....you're the one that gets accused of hijacking and treated like you know nothing.  So I'm minding my own business.

Huckabee40 wrote:

Besides this post toward you, I'm not really posting anymore anyway.  Apparently when you try to express your opinion and back up lower, non-command members' concerns when they express them in post not specific to the OP.....you're the one that gets accused of hijacking and treated like you know nothing.  So I'm minding my own business.

Huck, I like your posts, and I learned much from them as a JG officer. Nobody can deny that these are sensible and helpful, and friendly.

Awarded:

I'm honestly surprised to see a beam array Ha'nom instead of one with cannons. I know as a Science ship, it isn't going to be the DPS master anyway (unless you're a player like Mr. Davis who uber-optimizes - not a criticism), but I figured to try and pump as much out as you can you'd go with cannons. I may have to consider switching to beam arrays for mine (though not in a Fleet Ha'nom yet).

Capt pRett wrote:

I'm honestly surprised to see a beam array Ha'nom instead of one with cannons. I know as a Science ship, it isn't going to be the DPS master anyway (unless you're a player like Mr. Davis who uber-optimizes - not a criticism), but I figured to try and pump as much out as you can you'd go with cannons. I may have to consider switching to beam arrays for mine (though not in a Fleet Ha'nom yet).

definitely an option, for my playstyle it doesn't have quite enough turn rate for me to run them though.  I'm leveling a Romulan Science character right now to use the Ha'nom in the end-game mainly as a way to have more experience with it on the rommie side to be able to better assist other people.

No offense taken pRett.  My science ship doesn't put out much dps either, but when your target is stuck in a grav well, tyken, tractor, etc you don't really have to ;p

TrendorLeises

I was just redoing my traits per your suggestions in your build. I found I don't have Techie or Astrophysicist. How do I obtain those traits?

davisjm0311

you may simply not have them...I probably clicked traits I have on my Fed toon that aren't available for a Romulan...sorry about that.

TrendorLeises

No worries. No harm. No foul.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Ship Loadouts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: